Sell Bricks In Walkways Around New Stadium, At

This not a new concept at all...but at $25 minimum per brick (donated by Acma Brick Company, and made in the color "green")...we could raise enough money to almost build this new stadium, provided the

walkway is way wide and wraps the entire stadiium. Stamp bricks with donor names ,have funded many bulding projects at Baylor University. Now we know Baylor lost to us 14-52 in 2003.

Just a mid-day brain fart from me. Go ahead, make fun of me and my stupid ideas. Get in line, though, and you'd better bring a tent...and food to sustain you. Maybe eat some "Mean Greens."

I second the brick idea. An easy and affordable way for the common NT fan to help 'build' a much needed stadium. I wish that Green Grenade actually had some decision making power....if so more might get done. Hell the bricks don't even have to be green, just stamp an alums name on one. That would be enough incentive for me. And many of us here would pay well over $25. Hopefully this could be a real way to generate some dollars.

Edited by Green Guy Bass

This is great idea. The City of Denton did this around the square years ago to raise money to pay for much of the improvements they did and it worked very well. If you walk downtown around the square and read the bricks you will find those names who bought bricks. You can actually still donate money and they will replace an open brick with your name.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Definitely something that should be done. I have a brick at Minute Maid Park and kind of enjoy visiting it every time I catch a game. It not only can provide nice advertising for local business, but it might even get some of the more apathetic students interested in the program. Nice to leave something behind when you graduate. Hell, might as well try and bribe the students by offering a free brick to graduating Seniors if they approve an increase in student fees. Time to get creative.

maybe add in some bigger bricks or stones for bigger donors....This is kind of off note but something that should be done to help build tradition, as stated in my previous post. But like with alot of other schools have some type of march or walk through the grove type of thing so the fans can see the team entering the stadium......and oh yeah go along with like most SEC schools and have all coed girls starting dressing up for the games. Nice sun dresses.

maybe add in some bigger bricks or stones for bigger donors....This is kind of off note but something that should be done to help build tradition, as stated in my previous post. But like with alot of other schools have some type of march or walk through the grove type of thing so the fans can see the team entering the stadium......and oh yeah go along with like most SEC schools and have all coed girls starting dressing up for the games. Nice sun dresses.

Have several sizes with the most prominent called something like Cornerstone donors.

Definitely something that should be done. I have a brick at Minute Maid Park and kind of enjoy visiting it every time I catch a game. It not only can provide nice advertising for local business, but it might even get some of the more apathetic students interested in the program. Nice to leave something behind when you graduate. Hell, might as well try and bribe the students by offering a free brick to graduating Seniors if they approve an increase in student fees. Time to get creative.

Good idea. After the students approve the fee increase, we could brick the pedestrian walkway over 35 with all of the graduating Seniors bricks, and honor them with a plaque for all to see that says "Gateway to the House That Youth Built." :D

and oh yeah go along with like most SEC schools and have all coed girls starting dressing up for the games. Nice sun dresses.

I am a million times on board with this idea...but do the guys have to wear Kelly Green slacks with a white button down? I'm not against it, per se, just thinking those pants are going to be hard to come by...leading to posts complaining that "you can find red pants for SMU...but why no Green? Our AD sucks" and that would get tiresome very quickly.

Also, I'm in for the bricks...I can donate one to the UNT 92 Fan bricklaying foundation

I almost think this would be a given, based on how any new stadiums are using this as a fundraising tool. Below are some examples:

Univ of Georga 3 price points $150, $250, $500. This is a example brochure

Dallas Cowboys new stadium 3 price points $150, $300, $375

Florida International 1 price point $125 per brick

Univ of Alabama too many options. Ranging from $100 to $5000 per brick

And those were strictly football the Chicago Cubs and Mets also have a similar program, plus most have an option to buy a duplicate brick not only doubling funds but giving a neat keepsake as well .

Edited by ScreamingEaglesFan

Hell, for $25 I'd buy a brick for your stadium.

As a comparison, I paid $50 to honor a family member recently with a brick at a new agricultural facility at the Univeristy of Georgia and $100 to honor a family member with a brick in front of the library at UT Arlington. The recipients were tickled pink. Great gift idea, if you ask me. People like bricks; they want to leave a little mark of themselves. Promotes "ownership," too. I think you would want to charge more than $25, $50 or $100 or more...depending on the size of the brick or stone.

I am a million times on board with this idea...but do the guys have to wear Kelly Green slacks with a white button down? I'm not against it, per se, just thinking those pants are going to be hard to come by...leading to posts complaining that "you can find red pants for SMU...but why no Green? Our AD sucks" and that would get tiresome very quickly.

Also, I'm in for the bricks...I can donate one to the UNT 92 Fan bricklaying foundation

Ahhh memories of a dagger three in the preseason intramural tournament comes to mind... that is if we are talking about brick laying the basketball sense. If you are thinking of laying things in another form... I can think of one or two bricks you have laid my friend...

77.jpg

If you have ever been there, the ULL Walk of Honor is absolutely beautiful as it winds throughout their campus. How many of you would have loved to have purchased something permanant with your graduation donation rather than just a one year free membership in the NT Alumni Association?

The Walk of Honor is a tremendous undertaking that began with one man’s idea - 1987 Alumni Association President Kenneth A. Ardoin. It grew to be adopted by the Alumni Association, the University and the community. Its groundbreaking occurred in 1991. It was designed by Steve Oubre of Architects Southwest. Between 1987 and 2000 key Alumni leaders who helped the Walk progress were volunteers Jim Doyle and Robert Trahan...........................................Beginning with the Class of 1998, the students assessed themselves a brick fee as part of their graduation requirements. This action secured the future of the Walk of Honor. Because students play such an important role in the future of the Walk of Honor, ideally the Association's intent is to have each class' bricks installed within the following calendar year.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick