"what If We Threw Out All Illegal Immigrants?" From Msn Mone

So exactly how are these illegals filling out their I-9's? Is some unsuspecting dead person or living citizen getting a double payment on Social Security?

Wow what good samaritans some of them are paying their taxes. I am sure there is quite the black market for labor where millions goes unreported via cash payments, but hey 1-5% pay some tax, but back to the paperwork they should be filling out.

So exactly how are these illegals filling out their I-9's? Is some unsuspecting dead person or living citizen getting a double payment on Social Security?

The IRS created a nine-digit Individual Tax Identification Number in 1996 for foreigners who don’t have Social Security numbers but need to file taxes in the U.S. But it is increasingly used by undocumented workers to file taxes, apply for credit, get bank accounts or even buy a home.

Wow what good samaritans some of them are paying their taxes. I am sure there is quite the black market for labor where millions goes unreported via cash payments, but hey 1-5% pay some tax, but back to the paperwork they should be filling out.

Both of your points were addressed, multiple times, in those links.

Illegally.

The IRS created a nine-digit Individual Tax Identification Number in 1996 for foreigners who don’t have Social Security numbers but need to file taxes in the U.S. But it is increasingly used by undocumented workers to file taxes, apply for credit, get bank accounts or even buy a home.

The IRS is more than happy to collect those 9 billion dollars that will never be claimed and use it to prop up Social Security. It's the real reason the ITIN's were created in the first place.

I've been told that the number created for all illegals to file their taxes under...is 999-99-9999.

Regardless of how much some pay....it's a drop in the bucket to the services, they receive. Also, just because you file taxes...doesn't mean that you pay. Ever hear of the Earned Income Tax Credit?

There was a report on Channel 8 the other night, about how some doctors are starting to refuse Medicare patients....because Medicare recently lowered their payout for patient visit...from $75 to $67.

So, we will now have old folks having to go to Parkland....to get treatment (unless they have private insurance). So, folks who have for years paid into our system are having their benefits REDUCED. I wonder how many old people we could treat, for the hundreds and hundreds of billions of free medical care that we give to illegals?

Cue liberals...to tell us the Utopia that will be Socialized Medicine.

A sizable part of my job deals with demographics, and I go to an annual training seminar every June in Phoenix to learn about new changes in a program called Sites USA Regis. It is a program the can create thematic maps and reports using a variety of data. They use a company called AGS to supply demographic information, AGS is one the leading demographic companies and known to have the most conservative numbers usually. Claritas is probably the most common company because they tend to be more liberal with their numbers and they look better for Retail Brokers.

AGS

The president of AGS came to Phoenix two years ago and did a presentation to the entire seminar group, then joined the class I attend which is the most advanced class they call the User's committee/Super users, it varies from about 9-13 of their most advanced users in the country. Anyway he joined our class for an hour or two and answered several questions, the most interesting was how many illegal aliens from all nationalities are in the US at that time. He said that his company had been working on it for quite a while and their conservative estimate at the time was 35,000,000 (that is 35 million) and according to their research it was most likely higher. He did not throw his opinion out there or add any politics just stated what they had found. I think it is interesting.

Can the we give legal status to illegal immigrants, and some how know who was here and who was not seems pretty wild. But when this allows that many people availability to welfare & other services, will they still want to work these crappy jobs?

Personally I think they should deport every last one of them. Then just create a work program for seasonal jobs.

Edited by KingDL1

"Make sure your child can speak Spanish."

Note the lukewarm response at his own campaign event.

You couldn't be more right. Why should Americans have to learn spanish? Why deal head on with a rapidly changing society by arming our children with another tool to have a leg up in the job market and in everyday conversation...we should reject being bi-lingual on sheer principle and continue with our "this is America, we speak English" mantra. Heck, in my job alone sticking to our collective guns could reap for me the rewards of getting shot or stabbed.

Make no mistake, I too think immigration reform is far past due. And I too think that those who choose to come over to this country should become bi-lingual. Let's just not cut off our noses to spite our faces.

Common theme from those links is that some illegals pay taxes. Woo. The only reason they are paying is because it is automatically deducted from their paychecks. There might be a miniscule percentage who pay on their own, and good for them. But they they are also filing for tax returns too(the other common theme). You also did not address my other question of "What if illegals paid for their own health care". I know that you had to pick and chose what you wanted to respond to me with and went with the feel good stories about a handful of amazing illegal patriots.

I would like to know what the impact would be if all illegals paid taxes and for their own health care. If you want to go ahead and search for some links for those, I'll be looking forward to reading them. If not, just let me know. Thanks.

Make no mistake, I too think immigration reform is far past due. And I too think that those who choose to come over to this country should become bi-lingual. Let's just not cut off our noses to spite our faces.

I agree, Emmitt... linguistic skills are important and a benefit in our changing world. It's just the context of this statement, discussing the controversy of immigration and English-only education, suggesting that we need to make sure our children speak Spanish is another gaffe by Obama. He doesn't seem to do well speaking off the cuff.

I agree, Emmitt... linguistic skills are important and a benefit in our changing world. It's just the context of this statement, discussing the controversy of immigration and English-only education, suggesting that we need to make sure our children speak Spanish is another gaffe by Obama. He doesn't seem to do well speaking off the cuff.

and your candidate does SOOOOOOOOO much better:

Responding to a question about a survey that shows increased exports to Iran, mainly from cigarettes, McCain said, “Maybe thats a way of killing them.” He quickly caught himself, saying “I meant that as a joke” as his wife, Cindy, poked him in the back.

That f'n liberal media

If you don't like what you hear (even if it is true) just yell LIBERAL.!!!

I find it strange that some consider almost every news source, LIBERAL. Does that really make any sense.?????????

If AMERICANs did not hire illegals that would not be here. Put penalties on those that knowingly hire illegals. Most of the illegals had a poor quality of life where they were so they risk a lot to help themselves and their family. I don't like what is happening but I do understand why it is happening.

As many of the articles stated, most are paying taxes. Employers that fail to report with-holdings would be in severe trouble with the IRS, so those taxes are being collected. The articles state that.

My pet peeve is what happens near the border when woman come across and have child born in America.. thus the child becomes an American citizen under American law. No other non-third world country is so "liberal" with granting citizenship. Most require that one parent be a citizen or legal resident in order for the child to be a citizen.. Once one member of the family is a citizen then the entire family gets some "American" rights. Our guys in Washington (both parties have have their turn) have done nothing to stop this. This present policy came about in an unusual manner.. it had to do with a slavery amendment with gave citizenship to those born in America (American slaves) and has extended into what is happening today, the border jumpers.

As quoted by Jack Nickolson in a movie: Some " just can't handle the truth".