No More North Texas Exes To Kick Around Anymore

DallasGreen

As of January 1, 2009 all references will be to University of North Texas Alumni Association-- phase out of North Texas Exes begins immediately and is mandated to be complete by 1/1/2009.

Just for clarification sake, will it be referred to strictly as University of North Texas Alumni Association or will it be ok to chop off the university part and go by North Texas Alumni Association. I only ask cause University of North Texas Alumni Association is rather wordy and will make radio drops more difficult to do. Never mind you're having to completely re-brand the organization (again).

Edited by UNTFan23

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys will be totally on board with this once the UNTAA releases their new font. Get your 'O' face on!

Personally, I'm hoping we never abbreviate North Texas Alumni Association. It looks more like an Alcoholics Anonymous chapter than anything else when you do. Thankfully, no one has registered untaa.org although there is a untaa.com (which doesn't go to a live site). If you're going to abbreviate anything, abbreviate the North Texas part and spell out alumni association.

Just FYI, Even as recent grads most of us, I can't speak for everyone, use North Texas instead of University of North Texas.

For example... When asked, "Where did you go to college?"

I would respond, "North Texas" inseatd of UNT.

Not that there is anything wrong with sayng "UNT" but for some reason neither myself or any of my buddies that I graduated with use it, we all say "North Texas"

Just FYI, Even as recent grads most of us, I can't speak for everyone, use North Texas instead of University of North Texas.

Not that there is anything wrong with sayng "UNT" but for some reason neither myself or any of my buddies that I graduated with use it, we all say "North Texas"

Been saying this for 21 years only to see it still come up in print on everything, see...unt. Oops!

Rick

All graduates of UNT say "North Texas", and have for decades. It's the same as being a UT graduate and saying that you graduated from "Texas". In my mind we are just as well known, and there is no reason to clarify. That's why I always prefer gear with "North Texas" or "NT" on it.

Would anyone who graduated from MIT ever say I graduated from "the Massachusetts Institue of Technology"?. They would just say MIT, and anyone (with half a brain) would know what school they are talking about.

"North Texas" is as much as any of us need to say when asked where we went to school.

Personally, I'm hoping we never abbreviate North Texas Alumni Association. It looks more like an Alcoholics Anonymous chapter than anything else when you do. Thankfully, no one has registered untaa.org although there is a untaa.com (which doesn't go to a live site). If you're going to abbreviate anything, abbreviate the North Texas part and spell out alumni association.

Good call - UNT Alumni Association definately looks better than UNTAA.

Nice to see the comments...all are vaild in one way or another, but what really matters is that a good many of us are actually trying (with our volunteer work on the part of the Exes aka Alumni Assoc.) to make a difference and to help others re-connect or connect for the first time with "their university". I get a bit tired of reading the same negative comments from pretty much the same folks every time something comes out about the Alumni Association, the Exes, the Athletic dept., the stadium plans, the University in general. I know it is "fun" to gripe all the time, but, folks, look around peiople are TRYING to make things better and move UNT forward, not only in academics, but across the board and that incldes the connection of the scholl with its alumni base.

As someone else said...and as I have said many times on this board previously...get involved...give of your time and your talent and things will get better. Everyone has great ideas and thougts to share, but it is amazing how easy it is to say "how it should be done" when one is not involved other than on a chat board, it is one thing altogether different when you are having to arrange schedules to make meetings, change plans when help is needed and to then hear how someone else could or would have done it "better" when they don't even show up fro the free beer!

YOU can help make UNT a better place for students and alumni...get involved...stop the "high whine", make the effort and you will really enjoy what you get back from your efforts. I am not trying to come off as some sort of polly-anna here, because I know there are lots of areas where change is needed across the board at UNT, but folks, things ARE improving...jsut look at any area...inclusing the Alumni Assoc. and Athletics, and you will find lots of positves...focus on the positive for a change...you might just like where it takes you....

GO MEAN GREEN!

Nice to see the comments...all are vaild in one way or another, but what really matters is that a good many of us are actually trying (with our volunteer work on the part of the Exes aka Alumni Assoc.) to make a difference and to help others re-connect or connect for the first time with "their university". I get a bit tired of reading the same negative comments from pretty much the same folks every time something comes out about the Alumni Association, the Exes, the Athletic dept., the stadium plans, the University in general. I know it is "fun" to gripe all the time, but, folks, look around peiople are TRYING to make things better and move UNT forward, not only in academics, but across the board and that incldes the connection of the scholl with its alumni base.

As someone else said...and as I have said many times on this board previously...get involved...give of your time and your talent and things will get better. Everyone has great ideas and thougts to share, but it is amazing how easy it is to say "how it should be done" when one is not involved other than on a chat board, it is one thing altogether different when you are having to arrange schedules to make meetings, change plans when help is needed and to then hear how someone else could or would have done it "better" when they don't even show up fro the free beer!

YOU can help make UNT a better place for students and alumni...get involved...stop the "high whine", make the effort and you will really enjoy what you get back from your efforts. I am not trying to come off as some sort of polly-anna here, because I know there are lots of areas where change is needed across the board at UNT, but folks, things ARE improving...jsut look at any area...inclusing the Alumni Assoc. and Athletics, and you will find lots of positves...focus on the positive for a change...you might just like where it takes you....

GO MEAN GREEN!

Very nicely put KRAM1!!! Thanks for understanding the big picture and most of all.....the support!

Well I finally got my North Texas Ex-- err, UNT Alumni Association membership card. Forgive me, it still says North Texas Exes. This is so confusing! Guess they were looking to dump all the old window decals.

I have enough North Texas Exes bumperstickers for my next 5 cars. :lol:

Edited by CMJ