The Stadium Is Definitely A Go

UNTflyer

Last week, I posted the RFQ for the drainage project for the Radisson...

Check out this link titled "Golf Course" listed under the RFQ

And this one titles Eagle Point.

Any doubters??????

both are from when eagle point was first designed several years ago. note three practice fields as was the original design and no tennis facility yet on there.

Last week, I posted the RFQ for the drainage project for the Radisson...

Check out this link titled "Golf Course" listed under the RFQ

And this one titles Eagle Point.

Any doubters??????

OK, I'll doubt. Those elevation drawings are either at least 5 years old and commissioned before the athletic center was built, ... or somebody is going to have a really hard time moving the tennis courts.

OK, I'll doubt. Those elevation drawings are either at least 5 years old and commissioned before the athletic center was built, ... or somebody is going to have a really hard time moving the tennis courts.

But he's been in meetings and talked to people. He was told it was happening. TOLD.

But he's been in meetings and talked to people. He was told it was happening. TOLD.

He very well may be right, I too believe that something minimal is being done, but just enough to get the smallest, least costly stadium possible built, but I don't think those drawings are any indication of anything. I actually think they'll break ground by the end of this year. We'll get what we can currently afford, and we'll be stuck with that for the next fifty years.

I never claimed to have been in meetings... I've had phone conversations and email exchanges with Chancellor Jackson and the outgoing student body President. After those conversations, I am very, very certain that this project will be moving forward at an accelerated pace this next semester.

I will also be submitting my name to fill one of the open spots in the Student Senate with one primary goal in mind: do what it takes to get the stadium built.

And yes, after reviewing the drawings, they do appear to be old. Change the title to "probably most definitely" :(

Edited by UNTflyer

I never claimed to have been in meetings... I've had phone conversations and email exchanges with Chancellor Jackson and the outgoing student body President. After those conversations, I am very, very certain that this project will be moving forward at an accelerated pace this next semester.

I will also be submitting my name to fill one of the open spots in the Student Senate with one primary goal in mind: do what it takes to get the stadium built.

And yes, after reviewing the drawings, they do appear to be old. Change the title to "probably most definitely" :(

I wish I had as much confidence in the thing getting built as you do, but until I see more, it is just the same pattern we have been in for five years. Have to give you props though for submitting your name to fill that open spot.

I do believe we're in the planning process of funding for a new stadium.

Pizza party, anyone?

Im sure there is work moving forward with the stadium, but, I wouldnt read THIS too much as a sign. In order to any type of construction project, a civil engineer/surveyor will perform a topographical survey of any site. If you look at the existing grade elevations shown on the plan, they step down in 5' intervals. Usually, 5' intervals are only done on a preliminary basis. Most of the time, an engineer needs a topographical survey done with 1' intervals (much more accurate) to lay-out the project. Chances are this was indeed done some time in the past, probably by an aerial survey, just to do some prelim studies of drainage on the site.

we now enter a super silent phase.

the way construction costs are rising they are going to phase us out of any chance for a stadium. a new $10,000 donor would have to be found almost daily just to keep up with the increased costs. i doubt that is happening.

--The same happend just prior to building the Super Pit. Advisors suggested waiting until interest rates dropped but construction costs went up and we were worse off... It was originally scheduled to be a a couple thousand larger. We were in the MVC with Louisville et. al. and we though the larger size would be needed... times have changed and basketball interest at UNT is nothing like it once was.

10 months ago: "gee, it will take a miracle for this to happen"

Last week: "it will take a catastrophe for this to NOT happen"

Today: "it will be a catastrophe if it doesn't happen"

Not my qutoes, but quotes from University officials that are making this thing happen! It will hurt bad if it takes 4-5 years but year 6 from now we will be VERY happy. Dear God, I'm trying to be as optomistic as possible but don't let the rest of the world pass us up! That last comment was just my reality check.

I love green Kool Aid!

oh no, I dont know if I can stand another disapointment.