Coach By Coach Hot Seat Rating

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you are under the stupid notion that if Todge had Vince Young he would have been 12-0 last year

get a clue......Vince (and the rest of Macks Team) beat USC and their two Heisman trophy winners

the fact that fools claim it was all Vince just shows how clueless some are......as if other teams did not have great players

I guess you have more respect for how LSU got it done last year with 2 losses

you need a huge clue you sound like a child

I less-then-three you.

Dodge is at a 2.5....

But regardless he has to be going into this season saying" The time to win is right now" especially after losing the season finale to FIU.

Mack Brown at a 0, ha ha he wouldnt have his ring without the all-star performance of Vince Young.

so you are under the stupid notion that if Todge had Vince Young he would have been 12-0 last year

get a clue......Vince (and the rest of Macks Team) beat USC and their two Heisman trophy winners

the fact that fools claim it was all Vince just shows how clueless some are......as if other teams did not have great players

I guess you have more respect for how LSU got it done last year with 2 losses

you need a huge clue you sound like a child

Where in my post, does it say anything about Todd Dodge and Vince Young being together. WTF???

Let's try this again, now concentrate and reread what I wrote and you will (hopefully) see that I reiterated what score they gave Dodge

and then found it to be a joke that Mack Brown had a 0, as he will never see another championship from the one his players earned a few years back.

Mack Brown= Overrated coach, Todd Dodge= Great recruiter, Should have a better season, Vince Young= Great Qb, lifted the longhorns to the title. Simplified enough for ya....

Where in my post, does it say anything about Todd Dodge and Vince Young being together. WTF???

Let's try this again, now concentrate and reread what I wrote and you will (hopefully) see that I reiterated what score they gave Dodge

and then found it to be a joke that Mack Brown had a 0, as he will never see another championship from the one his players earned a few years back.

Mack Brown= Overrated coach, Todd Dodge= Great recruiter, Should have a better season, Vince Young= Great Qb, lifted the longhorns to the title. Simplified enough for ya....

Agree

Great. A U of Texas assessment thread. Mack is a great recruiter, and decent game time coach. His OC, Greg Davis blows. I don't understand mack's loyalty to him. In the championship game, Vince bailed them out to be sure, but the defense came up HUGE when they had to.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!

if one can do even simple math they would know there are probably 10-15 teams that could claim a chance to win it all in any particular year

and possibly 10 other teams that have a chance to sneak in in any particular year.......the other 75+ teams really do not have much of a chance

so on average this means a team (with a chance in hell of winning it all) will probably win once every 10-15 years.....so the fact that Mack Brown even won one championship puts him well above multiple other coaches......Stoops, Urban Meyer, Petey Carroll and multiple others have only won it all once (unless you like the ESPN 3 peteys)

Weiss, Willingham, Beamer, Bowden, Callahan, Paterno and hundreds of others have had as much or more in the way of players and facilities and support and have NEVER won it all or have won it all and then watched it fade away

to not see this and understand this is to be ignorant of reality

I suppose Mack Brown loses sleep at night because he does not have the respect of a few fans from a school that he uses as a season tune up and he wishes he had sat Vince on the bench so he could have those fans respect

I think you still miss the point of what he is saying. His thesis, if I read it correctly, is that Vince Young was a transendent college QB...and X-factor if you will. Nobody is arguing that Texas wasn't loaded with talent, is loaded with talent, will be loaded with talent. But having a player who could do what Vince Young could do...drop back, shotput to the open man, or take off and run when the defense was deep...is what put them over the top. He did what few in the college game have ever been able to do.

Could Todd Dodge have gone 12-0 last season with Vince Young? No. He would have been 10-2...no way we beat OU or Arkansas with that defense.

And just a simple question for my own edification... Who is your favorite college football team?

if one can do even simple math they would know there are probably 10-15 teams that could claim a chance to win it all in any particular year

and possibly 10 other teams that have a chance to sneak in in any particular year.......the other 75+ teams really do not have much of a chance

so on average this means a team (with a chance in hell of winning it all) will probably win once every 10-15 years.....so the fact that Mack Brown even won one championship puts him well above multiple other coaches......Stoops, Urban Meyer, Petey Carroll and multiple others have only won it all once (unless you like the ESPN 3 peteys)

Weiss, Willingham, Beamer, Bowden, Callahan, Paterno and hundreds of others have had as much or more in the way of players and facilities and support and have NEVER won it all or have won it all and then watched it fade away

to not see this and understand this is to be ignorant of reality

I suppose Mack Brown loses sleep at night because he does not have the respect of a few fans from a school that he uses as a season tune up and he wishes he had sat Vince on the bench so he could have those fans respect

The assumptions you make in your posts are outrageous.

I think you are on the wrong board, my friend, check out this site, it's been around for a while. www.hornsfans.com

Edited by UNT_playmaker

that is correct....I have a degree from SFA......after working for a few years I returned to school......I was admitted as a graduate student even though I was planning on getting a second undergrad degree because I knew ZERO about computers and knew there was no way I was going to get a Masters in CS with only precalculus for mathematics and chemistry and biology for lab sciences instead of physics........and not even owning my own PC at the time........my degree from SFA is in Horticulture

I left UNT before I completed my second degree to go back to work.....I was short 17 hours; one computer science course, a literature course, a communications course, and the second semester of engineering physics and I have taken calculus 2 at this point.....I had it arranged to take a "special problems" course for the CS course and to transfer the remaining 14 hours (the garbage courses and the math and physics) back to UNT and get my degree......I took the calculus 2 and then became busy with my new job and decided to not work on the special problems course.......the professor that made the offer has since retired.....I could probably work something still if was to make contact personally with some people at UNT......but I am doing other things at this time

OK, just checking the facts.

Then go play on their blog. It may be much for fun for you!

Its guys like CheckFacts who keep our board from becoming Hilltopper Haven were every thread is 5 pages of posts exclaiming how great we are...there are faults and all this guys doing is pointing them out. Try contributing a refute rather than a personal attack.

what assumptions......that there are 10 schools in a position to win it all every year and things can fall right or wrong for any of them

and that one player will never change the chances of that happening

and that a number of coaches with all types of pedigrees and as good or better facilities and teams than Mack Brown have never gotten it done even once

the fact is Mack Brown got it done and February and in January......and tons of coaches with all types of facilities have never gotten it done in either.....much less both

and tons have gotten it done in one and not the other......but some still pick at Mack.....usually those that have never come close....even as a couch coach

by your "logic" Todge got it done because of a system and a group of players developed by Jr. High Coaches that he just had to sit back and watch......after all he never came close at any other place he coached until he was HANDED the reigns of what others had built at Southlake and he was handed the players that others had developed into a system long before high school

PS here is a link for you

www.texags.com

Some have said that Steve Lineweaver, head coach of Euless Trinity (state champ in class 5A large school division 2 out of the last 3 years;maybe knows something), isn't given enough credit for the improvements at Southlake Carroll when he was their offensive coordinator (I'm pretty sure that was his last position there; feel free to "check the facts"). From my last conversation with Lineweaver, in February, he said "That will change" when I described UNT as almost never winning. Before then, after Dodge's 2007 recruiting class, he praised the credibility that Dodge has built through his successes at Southlake and his football camps (at UNT). Really, Dodge has never attained instant success anywhere, even at Carroll. However, I do believe that Dodge will coach football teams and football players who are a credit to UNT. Honestly, didn't we need to get away from a coach who never even provided a decent role model for the players? Anyway, Steve Lineweaver and I still believe in Todd Dodge...and UNT.

2.5 is ridiculous. There is a stronger chance of TD leaving by choice than to be let go after this season (not that I expect either to happen).

If things are the same 2 seasons from now, then we can talk about 2.5 ratings. For now, it is just rediculous.

So, SFA rules or what?

is all the logic you obtained from a PhD the ability to toss up a strawman

and no SFA has dropped the ball in some areas recently......they have let womens basketball slip (while somehow having success in mens basketball) and they failed to complete funding for an off campus baseball stadium after getting some money from Bo Pilgram

I would have preferred the stadium be on campus VS out on the west loop

as for academics.....I feel SFA is doing most things well in that department

they have a highly respected Forestry College (the only college of forestry in Texas)

they have recently obtained a new facility for their nursing program and obtained 13 million in state funding to build it out and they maintain the highest percentage of classes taught by tenure track professors in Texas

They obtained a donation for the college of business and an additional one for the accounting department

as well as their college of education

I would like to see SFA start an engineering physics program soon and then civil engineering and forestry/wood products engineering as well

but who knows.....as it is now they do well in the things they choose to specialize in

overall I feel SFA was much better run than UNT and I have less concern for the performance of Athletics at SFA because I feel there are other things SFA can put money to to build their reputation

Edited by CheckFacts

2.5 is ridiculous. There is a stronger chance of TD leaving by choice than to be let go after this season (not that I expect either to happen).

If things are the same 2 seasons from now, then we can talk about 2.5 ratings. For now, it is just rediculous.

I agree for now TD is still in an untouchable situation, especially with the addition of Deloach. I would say he goes into this season 0.5 and lets see what happens.

is all the logic you obtained from a PhD the ability to toss up a strawman

and no SFA has dropped the ball in some areas recently......they have let womens basketball slip (while somehow having success in mens basketball) and they failed to complete funding for an off campus baseball stadium after getting some money from Bo Pilgram

I would have preferred the stadium be on campus VS out on the west loop

as for academics.....I feel SFA is doing most things well in that department

they have a highly respected Forestry College (the only college of forestry in Texas)

they have recently obtained a new facility for their nursing program and obtained 13 million in state funding to build it out and they maintain the highest percentage of classes taught by tenure track professors in Texas

They obtained a donation for the college of business and an additional one for the accounting department

as well as their college of education

I would like to see SFA start an engineering physics program soon and then civil engineering and forestry/wood products engineering as well

but who knows.....as it is now they do well in the things they choose to specialize in

overall I feel SFA was much better run than UNT and I have less concern for the performance of Athletics at SFA because I feel there are other things SFA can put money to to build their reputation

So, I guess I was feeling a few days ago that I would like to sing high praises of UNT's new hire as Engineering Dean, and following rules that were perhaps inferred rather than known as facts, buried them on the UNT news forum. Does "checkfacts" get a free ride on discussing non football topics on the football board (where topics never die, but are reincarnated as new ones), or was I just assuming that there were some rules for posting on topic that don't exist? Or maybe aren't observed during this nonfootball news time?

Edited by eulessismore

So, I guess I was feeling a few days ago that I would like to sing high praises of UNT's new hire as Engineering Dean, and following rules that were perhaps inferred rather than known as facts, buried them on the Non-sports forum. Does "checkfacts" get a free ride on discussing non football topics on the football board (where topics never die, but are reincarnated as new ones), or was I just assuming that there were some rules for posting on topic that don't exist? Or maybe aren't observed during this nonfootball news time?

actually the Mack Brown talk was on topic

some questioned why Mack Brown would have a zero rating when he had never done anything it was all Vince and he will never do anything again because Vince is gone....so a discussion about weather Mack Brown "has done anything" strongly relates to his hot seat rating from the original link

as for the rest I was answering questions that were directed at me by others....most likely in a feigned attempt to try and some how discredit my opinions

I was ask where I went to school I answered

I was ask to explain my connections to UNT

I answered

then I was ask if "SFA Rules" so I answered

actually the Mack Brown talk was on topic

some questioned why Mack Brown would have a zero rating when he had never done anything it was all Vince and he will never do anything again because Vince is gone....so a discussion about weather Mack Brown "has done anything" strongly relates to his hot seat rating from the original link

as for the rest I was answering questions that were directed at me by others....most likely in a feigned attempt to try and some how discredit my opinions

I was ask where I went to school I answered

I was ask to explain my connections to UNT

I answered

then I was ask if "SFA Rules" so I answered

I'm sorry, but I haven't attempted to keep up with all the "checkfacts" posts and responses. It seems like you've been writing here a lot. This is only my suggestion, but I think you should post less and use better grammar when doing so, since in some ways you seem to be expressing a superior attitude. I attended another university before North Texas, and made a "D" in an English course there; because of that, I had to pass an English writing skills test before getting my bachelor's from North Texas in 1977. I hope there are still such requirements at UNT and other schools. Writing skills are as important as "facts" to many people you will encounter.