Cusa Would Really Be A Step Up For Unt.......

MeanGreen61

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like watching those Rangers' games on the road in Anaheim, Seattle and Oakland? That's what you get with NT playing on the Left Coast.

Not a fair comparison because the Rangers are a professional team and teams like Anaheim, Seattle, and Oakland are well known. If you ask me, I'd rather play WAC teams than Sunbelt teams. Its a lot more appealing to play Fresno State rather than ULM....just my opinion. And if we have a true fan base then they wont mind watching games starting a little later than normal. And by the way...winning cures everything. If you win, they will watch...simple as that no matter where or what time they are playing.

I know this team has a lot of potential, but we went 2-9 last year, IN THE SUN BELT. so i say we start winning the sun belt consistenly before we worry about moving to any other confrence.

I also dont buy that people wont come out to see sun belt games....if you WIN, people will WATCH....its that simple! GO UNT!

Not a fair comparison because the Rangers are a professional team and teams like Anaheim, Seattle, and Oakland are well known. If you ask me, I'd rather play WAC teams than Sunbelt teams. Its a lot more appealing to play Fresno State rather than ULM....just my opinion. And if we have a true fan base then they wont mind watching games starting a little later than normal. And by the way...winning cures everything. If you win, they will watch...simple as that no matter where or what time they are playing.

The only thing I like about the WAC is that *some of* their teams have national name recognition. Everyone knows Boise, Hawaii, and Fresno, but aside from that can you name the rest of the conference.

I guess to be fair most outsiders can only name a handful of Sunbelt teams, so it wouldn't be that much different.

UNTLifer makes a very good point. I am a Rangers and Stars fan, and it really sucks that all the rest of our divisions are two hours behind and on the west coast.

People say that Texas State should look at the WAC, but I would hate to think that our closest Regional opponents are Louisiana Tech or NM State. Can you imagine cost associated with road games to Idaho and Hawaii regularly?

WAC....never... I am getting a headache.... that is an awful choice. ...I guess some of us miss Utah State etc.

We would even get less media attention by playing west into time-zones that play games ending after the East Coast and Middle America (most of the population) goes to bed and their papers are published. I can't think of a worst choice.

WAC....never... I am getting a headache.... that is an awful choice. ...I guess some of us miss Utah State etc.

We would even get less media attention by playing west into time-zones that play games ending after the East Coast and Middle America (most of the population) goes to bed and their papers are published. I can't think of a worst choice.

Of the 9 teams in the WAC, other than Idaho, Utah State, and San Jose State, the other 6 teams are well known and would be good teams to face. Only Fresno State, Hawaii, and San Jose State have major timing issues as they are total west coast times. The other timings are in the Mountain timings and afcourse La Tech is central. The start times of games are getting blown over proportion in my opinion. If thats such an issue the games can be played in the day or start earlier.

I'm talking about the 9:30pm start time locally, which equates to no article in the Sunday morning paper and maybe a passing nod in the Monday paper.

Of the 9 teams in the WAC, other than Idaho, Utah State, and San Jose State, the other 6 teams are well known and would be good teams to face. Only Fresno State, Hawaii, and San Jose State have major timing issues as they are total west coast times. The other timings are in the Mountain timings and afcourse La Tech is central. The start times of games are getting blown over proportion in my opinion. If thats such an issue the games can be played in the day or start earlier.

Do you remember when NT was in the Big West conference? If so, you know why we don't want the WAC.

I dont understand... The belt is not that bad.

1. Fairly Local

2. Stability - No one really looking to jump ship (see CUSA)

3. Some teams are in really good markets

4. Teams are starting to play really well against (and beat) AQ teams

5. Most teams have shown that they want to better themselves (improving facilities)

6. Many teams have upgraded their coaches.

I say dominate the belt. Make it so everyone in the conference wants to be your rival (because you ALWAYS WIN). If another conference comes calling then entertain them. But I am not so sure the in the long run another non AQ conference is better for UNT.

I know that most people, if not all, are joking with their posts. But I am responding because there is a thread and where there is smoke........

I dont understand... The belt is not that bad.

1. Fairly Local

2. Stability - No one really looking to jump ship (see CUSA)

3. Some teams are in really good markets

4. Teams are starting to play really well against (and beat) AQ teams

5. Most teams have shown that they want to better themselves (improving facilities)

6. Many teams have upgraded their coaches.

I say dominate the belt. Make it so everyone in the conference wants to be your rival (because you ALWAYS WIN). If another conference comes calling then entertain them. But I am not so sure the in the long run another non AQ conference is better for UNT.

I know that most people, if not all, are joking with their posts. But I am responding because there is a thread and where there is smoke........

Thats already been done...UNT dominated the belt and no one gave a rats ass.

UNTLifer, I understand what you are saying but we are not in the Big West conference anymore....as Dan Hawkins says it "This is division 1 football". Its a new time and era and in my honest and personal opinion the WAC would be a good and better move in comparison to the belt. I dont think it will be a huge huge difference for people reading what NT did on the papers because as it is, I dont think people care with the start times being more local.

Edited by Green Mean

UNTLifer, I understand what you are saying but we are not in the Big West conference anymore....as Dan Hawkins says it "This is division 1 football". Its a new time and era and in my honest and personal opinion the WAC would be a good and better move in comparison to the belt. I dont think it will be a huge huge difference for people reading what NT did on the papers because as it is, I dont think people care with the start times being more local.

This conference is much improved and is not the same conference as when UNT dominated it. Focus on what you have and make the best of it. Hey go to the So Miss board you will always find a thread about us hoping to go to the Big East. Everyone wants to be better. But I am thinking of the long run and I think that the Sunbelt is a better fit in the long run then another non AQ conference.

Had the Metro stayed together here is what it would look like:

Cincinnati

Georgia Tech

Louisville

Mamphis

Tulane

Florida State

Virginai Tech

Southern Mississippi

South Carolina

University of South Florida

There were 3 other non football schools. I think that other then South Carolina all of the other schools on that list would take the old Metro conference over what they currently have. Especially when considering that Miami was headed to the Metro if Florida State would have stayed. This league in my opinion is much better then the Big East and very comparable athleticlly to the ACC.

Edited by AnotherEagleFan

Ask La. Tech how they like being in the WAC with the travel costs ect... The Sun Belt has a much better future, IMHO, than the WAC. :bangin:

I'm talking about the 9:30pm start time locally, which equates to no article in the Sunday morning paper and maybe a passing nod in the Monday paper.

I'm not here to debate this issue, but all the information you care to read about, regarding a 9:30PM WAC game, can be read on the internet the next morning.

Edited by DeepGreen

I'm not here to debate this issue, but all the information you care to read about, regarding a 9:30PM WAC game, can be read on the internet the next morning.

True, but for a program trying to draw in any fans we can and get our name out there as much as possible why make people go to extra effort to hear about our games? I'd much rather put "NT wins" on page 5 of their DMN sports page than expect them to think "hey, I wonder how NT did last night".