Winner Meets Western Kentucky

How do the two teams match up? Analysis please.

Having only watched SD acouple of times and WKU acouple of times I'd have to give the Hilltoppers the edge based on depth. SD seems to have a better frontline and the Hilltoppers, but WKU has a whole lotta people they run at you.

I'm sure CBL can provide a much more in depth analysis. :D

Team Matchups

W. Kentucky ----- San Diego

(27-6) Record (21-13)

76.8 --Points Per Game-- 65.6

.473 ----Field Goal Percentage-- .450

.698 Free Throw Percentage-- .676

.389 --3-Point Percentage-- .343

35.0 --Rebounds Per Game-- 33.7

12.6 --Assists Per Game--- 13.3

7.8 --Steals Per Game-- 6.8

3.7 --Blocks Per Game-- 3.1

---The bracket group I am a member of shows WKU as the 69% pick, SDS--31% ..Only 17% had WKU picked to defeat Drake. SD had only 3% support to win over U-Conn. It appears SD has the tounament as a conference champion, and not because of record. Gonzaga had won their regular season conference championship but lost to SD by 7 in their finals. Gonzaga is now out. SD lost by 22 to So. Alabama in regular season also to SF Austin..

WKU lost to So. Alabama also by 4 and 5. and to Gonzaga by 3.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

A&M came up just short. UCLA has pulled out about a dozen of these sorts of games this year. Howland has more lives than a herd of cats.

It helps when your opponent shoots better from the field than they do from the line.

Disgusting.

A&M came up just short. UCLA has pulled out about a dozen of these sorts of games this year. Howland has more lives than a herd of cats.

UCLA really benefited from a ton of non-calls... So many of Love's blocks were clearly hits on the hand, wrist, or elbow. I don't understand why the refs refused to call obvious fouls??

I honestly felt most of Love's blocks were clean(one or two coulda been called though). But A&M was similarly playing very physical. Looked like a Michigan State/Wisconson slugfest actually

My brother, an Aggie, emailed me this morning totally pissed about the no calls too..... here are a couple of photos of several non-calls.... they pretty bad and obvious......here.

Definitely Zeke.

Then again, none of'em are Kevin Love. :lol:

Throw in several from Love and it just reinforces my point....I really thought there were a lot of ugly non-calls against Texas A&M. Probably game changing non-calls, but as poorly as A&M was at the foul line, you never know....These non-calls seemed pretty clear to me though, and I'm usually says there are TOO MANY foul calls... it has to be pretty bad for me to complain about too few calls...

Throw in several from Love and it just reinforces my point....I really thought there were a lot of ugly non-calls against Texas A&M. Probably game changing non-calls, but as poorly as A&M was at the foul line, you never know....These non-calls seemed pretty clear to me though, and I'm usually says there are TOO MANY foul calls... it has to be pretty bad for me to complain about too few calls...

Were there obvious no calls on the other end? It's not so much that something physical is called on one end. Much more important that the refs call a game evenly on both sides.

I'd sympathize if I knew what the case was, but didn't get to see the second half. I didn't really notice any unfairness in the first.