*Oct. 11 Louisiana-Lafayette

*Oct. 18 @ Louisiana-Monroe

*Oct. 25 Troy (Homecoming)

Nov. 1 @ Western Kentucky

*Nov. 8 @ Florida Atlantic

Nov.15 Open

*Nov.22 @ Middle Tennessee State

*Nov. 29 Arkansas State (tentative)

Any idea why Arkansas State is tentative??

It bothers the hell out of me! It also bugs me that we seem to ALWAYS get our conference games on the back end of our schedule.

As long as we are not plagued with injuries isn't that OK? We have a lot of talent that will only get better throughout the year. I'd hate to not be ready when the games that count in conference standings come up.

BTW, why not go ahead and list the last game as:

Dec 22 - New Orleans Bowl

GMG!

Edited by GreenExes

Guest GrayEagleOne

Any idea why Arkansas State is tentative??

It's on Thanksgiving weekend when there are no students and our attendance has been notoriously awful. We are trying to move it.

I might be in the minority here , but if this is the schedule I'd rather have the 2 weeks to prepare for the MUTs and play ASU on Thanksgiving weekend. If there is any chance that we are still in the SBC title hunt , or have a chance to possibly become bowl eligible with a WIN on a 29th game there WILL be plenty of fans showing up. I know I'd move around my holiday schedule and have family here for the weekend and heck , might even bring a few with me if this is the case.

Moving the game to the 15th does not give us one bye week during conference play , thus being at a disadvantage if another foe does have a off week the week before and gives our players no time to heel any bumps or bruises

Does it bother anyone else that we have 28 days in between home games....twice?!?!

Yes...that sucks. It sucks worse that that 28 day wait is for the Thanksgiving game. Why do we always get this damn game?? We have proven that we can't sell tickets or get butts in seats that weekend. Maybe bring in a rival like SMU, TCU...or even Baylor...but otherwise get this game off the friggin schedule. No whining about excuses and how we SHOULD be able to get people to games regardless of opponent or weekend--the fact is we haven't had more than 5k ever show up for a game on Thanksgiving weekend.

If it's got to be thanksgiving week, let's move it inside. Army for example played a "home" game against A&M in Texas for recruiting. How about taking the game to Texas Stadium and playing on Wednesday, Thurs. or Friday? Maybe getting the game closer to Dallas will draw some more fans and as importantly more recruits.

Maybe UNT can give every kid in the Metroplex, who plays football, a ticket to the game.

Edited by Dodge2007

Yes...that sucks. It sucks worse that that 28 day wait is for the Thanksgiving game. Why do we always get this damn game?? We have proven that we can't sell tickets or get butts in seats that weekend. Maybe bring in a rival like SMU, TCU...or even Baylor...but otherwise get this game off the friggin schedule. No whining about excuses and how we SHOULD be able to get people to games regardless of opponent or weekend--the fact is we haven't had more than 5k ever show up for a game on Thanksgiving weekend.

I realize UT and aTm are big time programs but when they play each other the day after Thanksgiving they never have problems getting people at the game. I agree we should get a big name school or an SMU/TCU to attract some fans at that game. Once again though, if you're winning, people will show up regardless.

This schedule is bizarre, who the hell keeps scheduling this stupid ass Thanksgiving weekend home game. What is worse on top of that we again only have 5 home games, so only 4 that will be well attended. What are they thinking? Move the Thanksgiving game back a week.

This schedule is bizarre, who the hell keeps scheduling this stupid ass Thanksgiving weekend home game. What is worse on top of that we again only have 5 home games, so only 4 that will be well attended. What are they thinking? Move the Thanksgiving game back a week.

Yep and nothing like two open dates.

Arkansas State ought to really work with us...to help us move that game off of Thanksgiving Weekend. As I recall....a year or two ago...we moved some things around on our schedule....so that they could have a home game with Army. Anyone remember the exact details on that???

Arkansas State ought to really work with us...to help us move that game off of Thanksgiving Weekend. As I recall....a year or two ago...we moved some things around on our schedule....so that they could have a home game with Army. Anyone remember the exact details on that???

We moved our road game last year at ASU to a Thursday night game because their hunting season opened on that following Saturday. They owe us!!

Yup. That's the OOC I am looking forward to the most.

I'm sure Vizza and Fentris are looking forward to it as well. Fentris because that's where he started his college career and Vizza because the Alamo Heights QB who was the starter before him is the QB at Rice.

I'm sure Vizza and Fentris are looking forward to it as well. Fentris because that's where he started his college career and Vizza because the Alamo Heights QB who was the starter before him is the QB at Rice.

It's a winnable OOC road game. We need to travel well and win the game. These are the game we all want to start playing so let make them worth it I know I'll be there.