Have We Ever Signed A Parade Magazine All American?

SUMG

Riley is really named Todd Dodge Jr.

Junior is the most decorated recruit in UNT history. Riley may or may not red shirt but he definitely has Papa Todd, Todd Ford, and now graduate assistant, Chase Wasson, all with SLC connection.

I like Harry or Evan's comment on the QB battle. Vizza will not only want to take the challenge on the field but a kid who would like to handle it also behind the woodshed. That comment was awesome and fits personality of the Stallion who plays with an attitude.

I know playing for your Dad at this level has to be difficult to say the least and will be scruntinized by the team, big time. Makes for a great debate and a great story line.

Wouldn't you like to see those kids doing old fashion mat drills? That would be awesome.

Riley is really named Todd Dodge Jr.

Junior is the most decorated recruit in UNT history. Riley may or may not red shirt but he definitely has Papa Todd, Todd Ford, and now graduate assistant, Chase Wasson, all with SLC connection.

I like Harry or Evan's comment on the QB battle. Vizza will not only want to take the challenge on the field but a kid who would like to handle it also behind the woodshed. That comment was awesome and fits personality of the Stallion who plays with an attitude.

I know playing for your Dad at this level has to be difficult to say the least and will be scruntinized by the team, big time. Makes for a great debate and a great story line.

Wouldn't you like to see those kids doing old fashion mat drills? That would be awesome.

Back in 1977 Blooming Grove, Texas, RB Milton Collins was considered the #1 recruit in the Lone Star State by most of the media as I recall. There were no Rivals or recruiting publications such as we have today although Dave Campbell had his blue chip listings of Texas HS football's better recruits and he always had his 1'st & 2'nd Super Team in his annual giant summer edition of Dave Campbell's Texas Football.

It was a snowy February day when (then) Mean Green Coach Hayden Fry drove out to Blooming Grove, Texas, to sign Collins abeit NCAA rules said no coach could be in any photo opps. TV cameras covered the signing although (again) Coach Fry was not allowed in the video coverage.

Sadly for Milton Collins & all Mean Green fans, he just did not pan out as a college RB.

I'd venture a guess that all Mean Green fans everywhere are very, very excited about Riley Dodge joining his dad in Denton. It is the hope of the Mean Green Nation that he breaks all of, uh, QB Vizza's records :rolleyes: but how darn lucky for all of us in Mean Green Country that we will have both in camp this August.

Congrats Riley Dodge on your Parade All American selection! We are Mean Green Proud of you!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

All this press for Dodge makes my home boy #15 work his ass off. Riley is a competitor but Gio is a mean SOB that will kill you with his work ethic and talent. Gio will never, and I mean never, back off on this deal. This kind of stuff fuels the fire.

And that is what you just have to love about Giovanni. I learned quickly last season that you are always going to get 110% with him. Sometimes his competiveness scares the hell out of you though, with some of the shots he takes trying to make something happen.

NT has never been this QB rich since I became a fan 22 years ago. We have two young men that have intelligence, competitiveness and terrific work ethics at the most important position on the field.

I certainly hope we can keep both these young men around for their entire college careers. They are both very special.

And that is what you just have to love about Giovanni. I learned quickly last season that you are always going to get 110% with him. Sometimes his competiveness scares the hell out of you though, with some of the shots he takes trying to make something happen.

NT has never been this QB rich since I became a fan 22 years ago. We have two young men that have intelligence, competitiveness and terrific work ethics at the most important position on the field.

I certainly hope we can keep both these young men around for their entire college careers. They are both very special.

So is Riley being recruited as an Athlete or as a QB???

All this press for Dodge makes my home boy #15 work his ass off. Riley is a competitor but Gio is a mean SOB that will kill you with his work ethic and talent. Gio will never, and I mean never, back off on this deal. This kind of stuff fuels the fire.

That is why I love "The Don" and predict Riley will redshirt and not start until his Jr. year. Riley could actually be plugged in at another position and contribute if Todge wants to take that risk.

Nautique, while I love the Rodge committment and his ability, you might tap the brakes a little on the ordaining Rodge as NT's most decorated recruit ever.