Deloach Return?

H-towngreen

Vito is a good journalist and breaking this story took hustle. But he still did not get cooperation from Dodge or UNT on the story (which was the point of my earlier post). Vito even had to use the statement Dodge released to the public through meangreensports.com for a quote from the coach. Vito covers the beat harder than the FWST writer, which is why it is unfair that Dodge tries to sabotage him by leaking the news he wants to get out through the FWST and excluding Belo.

You've been watching far too many cloak-and-dagger shows. Like Dodge sits in his office scheming up ways to sabotage Brett Vito. I highly doubt the thought ever crossed his mind.

You've been watching far too many cloak-and-dagger shows. Like Dodge sits in his office scheming up ways to sabotage Brett Vito. I highly doubt the thought ever crossed his mind.

I am sure you are right I doubt Dodge gives much thought to Vito one way or another, about as much as the rest of us care about a flea on a dogs a$$.

In November I asked Andy Blount his opinion on who the best coach was during his time at UNT. His answer was DeLoach. He said DeLoach was an excellent X's and O's guy, the players respected him, and he got the most out of them. This was coming from a guy who played offense.

I've been told by someone who was/is close to the program "Deloach was never surprised on game day. There was nothing the other team threw at us that Deloach hadn't seen."

I've been told by someone who was/is close to the program "Deloach was never surprised on game day. There was nothing the other team threw at us that Deloach hadn't seen."

That is true. DeLoach spent hours in the film room drawing up cards and studying tendacies. When he said "Watch out for this..." , you could bet that it was about to happen. I think i've posted more on this topic then any other on the board. I'm just saying that I was a well coached individual.

I know most everyone on this board is in love with DeLoach and rightfully so considering the defensive success we had under his tutelage but what does it say about his ability when a graduate assistant is going to take his place at UCLA?

Flame on.

Here’s more on Martin from the USC website:

Demetrice Martin, who came to USC from the junior college coaching ranks, is in his second year on the Trojan staff as a graduate assistant working with the secondary. He joined the Trojan staff in May of 2006.

Martin, 34, spent the previous 3 seasons (2003-05) as the pass defense coordinator and secondary coach at Mt. San Antonio Junior College in Walnut (Calif.). The Mounties played in the National Bowl in 2003 and 2004. One of his defensive backs, Darryl Moore, earned All-American honors.

He was the secondary coach at Pasadena (Calif.) City College in 2001 and 2002. The Lancers went 18-4 during that time, winning the Mission Conference title both seasons while appearing in the 2001 Southwestern Bowl and 2002 Potato Bowl. Safety James Griffin was an All-American. He also spent 2001 as a part-time assistant at Muir High in Pasadena

This replacement doesn't sound like what I would call a "Graduate Assisstant" I would take that to mean a recent graduate working on an advanced degree. This is no recent grad. Likely what they call a coach starting out with the team. I graduated from Medical School at 34 and I was a very late bloomer.

Edited by ShopMeanGreen

I know most everyone on this board is in love with DeLoach and rightfully so considering the defensive success we had under his tutelage but what does it say about his ability when a graduate assistant is going to take his place at UCLA?

Flame on.

I wouldn't read anything into a graduate assistant taking his place at UCLA when you consider a new coach and all. Besides what he did when he was here was pretty remarkable.

I think you will see marked improvement in Kartay this season. Another year of weights plus a season of learning the position. He had flashes last season. I think he could turn out to be an enforcer.

A lot of the defense had flashes of greatness last season, but it just had to be put together. I think DeLoach is the guy to do that.

Job Title Asst Coach (Football)

Position Number 00001709

Department Athletics

Location Denton

Is this an internal posting only? No

Work Schedule Flexible depending on season and recruiting events

Job Description Under direct supervision of the Head Football Coach, the

Assistant Football Coach will be responsible for providing assistance with activities associated with the program and student-athletes, including recruitment, monitoring academic performance and social development, maintaining discipline and development programs, fund-raising activities, coordinating summer camps, pre- and- post conditioning, practice and games.

The successful candidate(s) will also be responsible for assisting the head football coach in directing all aspects of the football program within University of North Texas, the Sun Belt Conference and NCAA rules & regulations.

Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree and two (2) years experience combined coaching at the NFL, NCAA, or high school level required.

Must have a valid Texas driver's license (or ability to obtain) and good driving record.

Preferred Qualifications

Special Instructions to Applicants

Is this a security sensitive position? Yes

Driving a University Vehicle? Yes

Job Open Date 01-03-2007

Pay Rate Salary commensurate with experience

Pay Basis Monthly

Job Category Administrative/Professional/Technical

Job Type Full-time Permanent

The job has to have been posted 10 days before a hire can be made according to state law.

If you notice the date is 01-03-2007. So let's hire Gary DeLoach right now.