Indiana State @ North Texas

UNTFan23

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Real sloppy game.... by both sides.... we were leading by a comfortable margin but always allow the other team the opportunity to come back....

Lets hope this gets fixed.

We would of won by 30 if the refs wouldn't have called ridiculous ticky-tack fouls.. I'm not concerned because the majority of referees would let the teams play a little more then these fools did today

Edited by Keith7

Officiating was very poor. There was one particular ref that was especially horrible, and seemed to make an inordinate number of bad calls against us. I was somehow able to get a ticket on the second row, so I let him hear about it.

My one concern was our lack of execution and mental errors in the 2nd half, when we should have put it away by the 10 minute mark.

I just got back from the game... a few comments/observations... good student turn out.... I am very, very disappointed in the lame ass season ticket holders/general public.... they need to waddle their asses into the Super Pit for EVERY GAME...... no excuses.......Our boys played good ball, not great ball. Our intensity dropped toward the end of the 2nd half and could have cost us if we didn't have such a big lead, but then again it may have never dropped if the score was closer....... The officiating was HORRIBLE....... We seem to find ways to win even when not playing our best ball and somehow put up 70, 80 or more points in the process. Not doubt our best performances are yet to come......We had problems with the full court press at times........McCoy continues to struggle with his shot. He appears to be trying to hard, and over shoots the basket even from close range....... White was very steady and had a good game. Wooden and Williams played decent ball, but not there best. In the first half, and some of the second half, the Pit Crew was relentless on the Indiana State bench and coaches... believe me, it got personal.....awesome! Dennis had a GREAT game! My biggest fear is that Dennis may have (re)injured an ankle. He limped severely for many minutes. I sure hope he is healthy by the UT game..... that's all I can think of now......

Official attendance is 2531... I doubt that... maybe the good student turn out helped more than I realized....

Season tickets are counted in the official attendance. So even if someone wasn't there and had bought a ticket...it counts toward the total.

Oh - I almost forgot. My daughter and I hung around for autographs. I want to settle the controversy over Josh White's height once and for all. As my daughter got his signature I stood right next to him. I looked down slightly to him. I am 5'9.5" give or take a half inch. My best guess is that White is in 5'7" range, give or take an inch.

Oh - I almost forgot. My daughter and I hung around for autographs. I want to settle the controversy over Josh White's height once and for all. As my daughter got his signature I stood right next to him. I looked down slightly to him. I am 5'9.5" give or take a half inch. My best guess is that White is in 5'7" range, give or take an inch.

I didn't figure in shoes for me or Josh, so you can add 1 inch to my figures with shoes.

I don't. Seems about right. We had a better student attendance than ANY game from last season.

I agree.. that attendance is roughly what I would have guessed.. and I'm proud of our students, they came out in full force for a saturday.. now If we could just get some of our DFW alumni and dentonites to show up, we could fill the pit

I must say... I am getting to love the Pit Crew. Some pretty funny stuff comes from over there. Keep it up Pit Crew!

The students were great. I loved the chant Hoosier rejects...

Keep up the work!

Saturday afternoon without football and that was all the alums that show up? Pathetic.

One other item of note... Did anyone see the guy working in the concession wearing the OU shirt? I believe he was one of the parents of the Denton Ryan students working there. I went back at halftime and someone must have given him a NT shirt because suddenly he was in green. I am glad he had the sense to change or that someone with the school had him change. I was really irked when I first saw him and was thinking of hunting RV down and telling him about it.

I estimated about 1,800. Let's face it, we need bigger names to come to the pit to help attendance. (unless it's a championship type game)

I think the calls the refs made were correct but the variety that often goes uncalled. I thought Indiana State came to play more than UNT not being in it. OSU may prove to be a bad team this year so we have not accomplished much for let downs this early.

Not crazy with the 3 pt guard lineup that JJ continues to play. (White, Bell, Dez) I know he has depth but I would like for him to stick with the kids longer than he does. McCoy, Dennis & Tristan need more time to get into a groove than JJ allows. Tristan sat down 1:30 seconds into the game.

Anyway, see you guys at UTA

Can we donate money to the Pit Crew? The students REALLY seem to be buying into it, and I think we should do everything we can to help it out. Do they need $$ for more green wigs or signs or something? What about GMG sponsors a BBQ before a home game that's open for the Pit Crew? I'm just throwing out suggestions. I LOVE their enthusiasm!

Thanks Pit Crew for making such a great atmosphere.

Can we donate money to the Pit Crew? The students REALLY seem to be buying into it, and I think we should do everything we can to help it out. Do they need $$ for more green wigs or signs or something? What about GMG sponsors a BBQ before a home game that's open for the Pit Crew? I'm just throwing out suggestions. I LOVE their enthusiasm!

Thanks Pit Crew for making such a great atmosphere.

I believe the Pit Crew is actually funded by the University now, unlike when it first started and the members came out of pocket for their promotions. The promotions put on for the TCU game are still the best I have seen for a UNT basketball game. But I'm happy that the University is funding a group of people who are excited and want to have a great game atmosphere and I think that is starting to show with the student turnout so far. Whoever has that job for basketball games in the AD isn't doing the same though when it comes to alumni and Dentonites.

Whoever has that job for basketball games in the AD isn't doing the same though when it comes to alumni and Dentonites.

Outside of the student's bringing energy and a few in-arena exceptions, our so-called fans don't deserve a basketball team this good.

Outside of the student's bringing energy and a few in-arena exceptions, our so-called fans don't deserve a basketball team this good.

Not an overstatement by any means. If you're lurking and on the fence about going to a bball game, now's the season to join the ride. This team is REALLY fun to watch. They won today, even when a physical (albeit, athletically inferior) team got ugly with us. We've got a freshman named Josh White who is the most fluid player I've seen since Chris Davis, and has twice the court vision. BTW, he has twice the team around him that Davis ever did.

Contrary to what someone said above, this was not a horribly officiated game. What was annoying was a stretch of nit-picky calls that really had me pulling my hair. The palming whistles were excessive, imo. Also, a whistle was blown on Wooden before contact was even made, as if in anticipation?

Edited by greenminer

Contrary to what someone said above, this was not a horribly officiated game. What was annoying was a stretch of nit-picky calls that really had me pulling my hair. The palming whistles were excessive, imo. Also, a whistle was blown on Wooden before contact was even made, as if in anticipation?

Sounds horribly officiated.