Unbelievable

GreenBat

Got this from a buddy, who graduated from A&M. He says this fool needs to move to Austin.

http://media.www.ntdaily.com/media/storage...r-3037421.shtml

Not sure about the Austin reference, but let those who want to try and promote the albino squirrel mascot do what the want...it won't happen and atleast they're making some sort of effort to identify with the university. Maybe an albino squirrel section at Fouts would boost attendance

Um...no.

I don't want some whacko in a cheap squirrel suit running around at my football and basketball games. It doesn't work that way and it really won't when the secondary mascot has brothers and sisters at other schools. I'm Kit Young and I disapprove of the Albino Squirrel mascot now, just like I did the first time it was voted on.

Um...no.

I don't want some whacko in a cheap squirrel suit running around at my football and basketball games. It doesn't work that way and it really won't when the secondary mascot has brothers and sisters at other schools. I'm Kit Young and I disapprove of the Albino Squirrel mascot now, just like I did the first time it was voted on.

I feel you misunderstood...they can run 1000 referendums out there to vote for an albino squirrel mascot...and they will all be shot down...either by the students, the BOR or the president. We will never have a squirrel mascot. Its a non-issue...there will be a small portion of the campus population that supports it...let them. And perhaps the sarcasm was missed in my second sentence...

as for the brothers and sisters...I must be missing something there, Kit.

Not sure about the Austin reference, but let those who want to try and promote the albino squirrel mascot do what the want...it won't happen and atleast they're making some sort of effort to identify with the university. Maybe an albino squirrel section at Fouts would boost attendance

I vote for the albino squirrel and a name change from Mean Green to The Killer Whiteys.

Of course people would wear the wrong color white to games or worse; they'd wear ecru.

---There are idiots and there are educated idiots..... ran into one at work this week (philosophy prof) .... What he did was unbelievable. These guys belong together. Education is great.... however education does not insure one has any common sense or will be respectful of others. All education does in that area is improve the odds that they will have some common sense....and are able to learn to respect others...

---One of the craziest guys I ran across was in the workroom with the Xerox machines when I came in and I asked him had he seen "whoever"... He claimed he did not know who he was... then a I asked about a second person... he did not know him either... Both of them had offices down the hall from him but taught a different subject and both had been there several years as he had. He had a PHD in history and I assume he knows a lot of historical names but did not even know the names of people he shared a hall with..... how crazy and self-centered is that?? (this happened a couple of years ago, doubt if he still knows who they are)

Idiot Part II: We had prof that paid off his house and therefore was no longer required by anyone to carry insurance on it so he cancelled it.. Within a year it burned down and he now owned a pile of charcoal.... (another history prof). In short if you can't afford to lose it or can't easily replace it, then insure it.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I feel you misunderstood...they can run 1000 referendums out there to vote for an albino squirrel mascot...and they will all be shot down...either by the students, the BOR or the president. We will never have a squirrel mascot. Its a non-issue...there will be a small portion of the campus population that supports it...let them. And perhaps the sarcasm was missed in my second sentence...

as for the brothers and sisters...I must be missing something there, Kit.

The Albino Squirrel thing is part of some Preservation Society...which has chapters in other schools, one at UT. I think they tried the same stupidity there.