Td Radio Show

EastTexasMG

It was good to get to meet SUMG, Green Grenade, Green Joe, Corinth Eagle, and Adler.

I was glad that so many people at the show tonight. As a fan and alum, nothing makes me prouder than to see fans stand behind their team through the tough times. Dodge said that these kids will be rewarded for their hard work and I know that some good things are ahead of us.

See you on Saturday. Go Mean Green!!!

East Texas MG...where in East Texas do you live? We live in Greenville. I don't meet a lot of alums out here and further east. There are a few but not many. Most of course are from TX A&M Commerce (formerly East Texas State).

I am from Mount Pleasant, but my wife and I live in the metroplex.

The best part of the show for me was I won the mascot trivia question. Q: What is the mascot of Lubbock High? A: Westerners Interesting...I wonder why that was the question. Are we recruiting anyone from Lubbock High? Wonder if they will be at the game on Saturday??? I'm not trying to start rumors, I just thought it was interesting..... B)

It was good to get to meet SUMG, Green Grenade, Green Joe, Corinth Eagle, and Adler.

I was glad that so many people at the show tonight. As a fan and alum, nothing makes me prouder than to see fans stand behind their team through the tough times. Dodge said that these kids will be rewarded for their hard work and I know that some good things are ahead of us.

See you on Saturday. Go Mean Green!!!

That's no Sh#t!! I hate hearing people complain about how they don't like being fans of losers....who does? That's what fans are "fanatics" stick with the team through the good and the bad times. It's easy to be a fan of the Yankees of the late 90's, the Lakers of the early 2000s and the Cowboys of the early 90's. It's hard to live by every game of the late 80's Cowboys, the whole Rangers existence and the Mavericks up until 8 years ago. Some people don't understand the meaning of fans. GO MEAN GREEN!!!

That's no Sh#t!! I hate hearing people complain about how they don't like being fans of losers....who does? That's what fans are "fanatics" stick with the team through the good and the bad times. It's easy to be a fan of the Yankees of the late 90's, the Lakers of the early 2000s and the Cowboys of the early 90's. It's hard to live by every game of the late 80's Cowboys, the whole Rangers existence and the Mavericks up until 8 years ago. Some people don't understand the meaning of fans. GO MEAN GREEN!!!

For me my answer is always the same each monday morning when I get back to work and get sarcastically asked..."You drove to Baton Rouge/Norman/ Austin/Fayetteville to see that?????"

Your team is like your kids. You don't love 'em cause their good, you love 'em cause their yours!

Rick

For me my answer is always the same each monday morning when I get back to work and get sarcastically asked..."You drove to Baton Rouge/Norman/ Austin/Fayetteville to see that?????"

Your team is like your kids. You don't love 'em cause their good, you love 'em cause their yours!

Rick

You hit the nail on the head there.

well-said. living in houston, everyone thinks im crazy for going on the road so many times to see games. i couldnt care less. theres a certain indescribable elation i feel when i see our team take the field in the green and white. no matter the score, always enjoy. for the most part. I could do less 65-0s and 79-10s... but you get the point!

I'm glad the show is now at Sweetwater. Would I be out of line to take a Mean Green cap next week and offer it to the waiter that wears the Texas Longhorns cap ? At least he could wear it during the show ?

No. And I would make sure the manager sees the exchange.

I, too, thought the turbnout was "pretty good" for this week's show. I almost missed going, but had to get myself (and my wife) there to support Dodge and the team. It is easy to be a fan when you are 5-0...just ask all the "new" Dallas Cowboys "fans" you meet since they are now 5-0...it is another thing altogether when your team is 0-5. This IS THE TIME to get out and support this team and this program. The show was good and being with the Mean Green Nation is a plus in itself. Sweetwater is a decent location...the food is good and the beer is cold enough...we do need all the wait staff wearing Mean Green colors if they work the patio during the show...bring that hat on Greenjoe.

I have been to all but one of the Dodge Shows this year, and it seems we get the same group each week...with one or two "newbies" or returnees. Come on olks, make it a crowded patio at Sweetwater this next week. WIN OR LOSE.

As I have said many times this year...I want these things from UNT football this season:

1. A team that plays to the last whistle ... GOT IT!

2. An enjoyable game to watch for my season ticket dollar ... GOT IT!

I am two for two and a happy camper...sure I'd like to see some W's, but I don't expect too much in that arena this first season...it's a "whole new ballgame"...new offense, new defense, new coaches, new expectations, etc., etc. Hey, it's fun...come on out and support the Mean Green this Saturday and then join me Monday at Sweetwater...win or lose...I'll be there!

Have you got your Sink Navy shirt yet? They will be available at this Saturday's game in Tailgate area at the Exes tent. Buy several...proceeds go to UNT scholarships! :rolleyes: