Well An Impression Was Made On This Caju Fan

MeanGreen61

Post by CajunFan on the Sun Belt board.

"Dude, I've never seen an offense that makes our defense look fast! Good Lord, UNT's skill athletes are slow! In any case, they still found holes in our secondary and racked up a ton of yards. I believe we watched the two worst programs in the Sun Belt tonight. It is hard to get excited about that game."

"Dude, I've never seen an offense that makes our defense look fast! Good Lord, UNT's skill athletes are slow! In any case, they still found holes in our secondary and racked up a ton of yards. I believe we watched the two worst programs in the Sun Belt tonight. It is hard to get excited about that game."

Well, he's right - we can all now see that we are a slow team on both sides of the ball. Not to say that Fitzgerald and Jackson aren't nice receivers - they both make some incredible catches, and Jackson had an outstanding game. But, we do not have speed to really stretch the defense. Jamario has speed when he's not hurt, but this type of offense isn't going to feature his speed anyway.

When watching on TV, it is really amazing to see just how slow we are on defense. We looked pedestrian against OU, but I chalked that up to us playing some of the nation's best athletes. But even against ULaLa, we just looked very slow... maybe the old defensive schemes "hid" this lack of speed by playing more of a "bend but don't break" style. Of course, the old offense definitely hid our lack of speed. It may take a few recruiting classes to get real speed on this team.

Yes, we are slow, but the crap they were playing in after the rain sure didn't help.

I watched Fitz score on a long pass against OU and didn't get caught from behind, so calling him slow is a stretch. I would say that overall we are slow, but J-Mo, Fitz and Jackson are far from slow. Give TD time with recruiting and hire a new strength and conditioning coach and we'll be fine.

Edited by UNTLifer

Yes, we are slow< but the crap they were playing in after the rain sure didn't help.

I watched Fitz score on a long pass against OU and didn't get caught from behind, so calling him slow is a stretch. I would say that overall we are slow, but J-Mo, Fitz and Jackson are far from slow. Give TD time with recruiting and hire a new strength and conditioning coach and we'll be fine.

I hope the guy he hires knows "strength and conditioning" better than the one he hired to run the defense.

Can't disagree with the comment about the two worst programs in the Belt. But I do wonder if UNT wasn't so slow how much the 500+ yards they gained would be improved. I saw several plays were NT got behind ULL's defense, couldn't be all that slow. I don't think NT has any real fast players on offense other than a healthy Thomas but the wrs have good not great speed. With that field to me all the players looked slow.

Can't disagree with the comment about the two worst programs in the Belt. But I do wonder if UNT wasn't so slow how much the 500+ yards they gained would be improved. I saw several plays were NT got behind ULL's defense, couldn't be all that slow. I don't think NT has any real fast players on offense other than a healthy Thomas but the wrs have good not great speed. With that field to me all the players looked slow.

1) The field was really slick! Looked like everyone was moving very carefully. Glad both teams were able to warm up in the indoor facility. That saved the field a little.

2) WRs getting behind our D. Not sure how much of that has to do with speed vs botched coverages. We had FR DBs out there. I suspect they still get confused on help coverage. Not sure "why" they are still confused; just a sad fact!

3) I'm totally confused with some of our play calling (off and def). Cajuns would get pressure on Vizza, force 3rd and long (10+ yds); then rush 3 and let him sit back and find someone - - which he did regularly!

Hopefully both these teams can get this season behind them and move onto better things---------------the sooner the better! :)

Shof

I know a guy that would be great for the strenght and conditioning coach. Seroka doesn't know crap.

I was just wondering what is everybody's problem with Seroka? And if any of you have a better choice for a strength coach, who?

George DeJohn

I don't think some fitness, nutritionist "guru" should be mentioned. We might as well have Jack LaLanne. Maybe some people should just realize that Seroka is a good strength coach and stop pointing fingers.

I don't think some fitness, nutritionist "guru" should be mentioned. We might as well have Jack LaLanne. Maybe some people should just realize that Seroka is a good strength coach and stop pointing fingers.

Not to sound glib... But if he's such a great S&C Coach, why have we been getting pushed off the line and why are we hearing so many excuses about guys being out of condition or showing up in bad shape?

Not saying that I know anything about the guy or his methods... But don't the results sort of speak for themselves?

Well, from what I know Coach Seroka has been doing this for awhile and when we won 4 straight conference championships I didn't hear any complaints. I'm guessing if anyone of ya'll run into some of our former players they will brag about Seroka's program.