Tailgating

eppy4life

From "Tailgating Tips For Mean Green Fans" found here.

Recreational Vehicles will be permitted in the Blue lot for Mean Green Club members as arranged with their donation and must park at the direction of attendants. Non Mean Green Club Members will be permitted to park in the Blue lot with a $50 per game fee and must also park at the direction of the attendants.

Thansk Josh

The reason i ask is i would like to park in one spot and set up shop in another. however in the blue lot that is not worht $50 to me

If you have a blue lot pass you can't use it to get into orange. That is strictly paid parking. Also, pretty much the entire blue lot is spoken for so get there early. I will be there early (Friday). North Texas home games...makes the other 8 months of the year bearable.

Okay, finally some SOLID information.

The lot will be barricaded at 7PM on Friday night. There will be an attendant at the entrance ALL NIGHT. The attendant will instruct the blue and green zoners where to park. Paying customers (those parking in the Orange lot) CANNOT enter the parking lot before 7:30AM. The attendants there throughout the night will not have Orange passes or the ability to take any cash. Paying customers MUST wait until the morning. All-night tailgating is only an option for members of the Mean Green Club with a blue or green pass.

Anyone can park in the Orange lot, including students if they choose to do so. If you're a blue pass holder, you can simply not tell the attendant, pay the $10, and park in Orange. Again, I recommend against it, but it's possible. Student tailgating will be across NTB. We have our own stage, our own band, etc. Also, I've heard a rumor that Miller and Bud will NOT have tents to hand out free beers this year. I haven't confirmed it, but I think it's true.

Standard parking spaces are approximately 8.5' x 20'. Parking and Transportation says that turf cut to those specs should fit in the Fouts parking spaces.

Any other questions, let me know!

Edited by infuryum

Thansk Josh

The reason i ask is i would like to park in one spot and set up shop in another. however in the blue lot that is not worht $50 to me

Wouldn't recommend this. I don't think it is allowed and it tends to make folks mad that have a pass for that lot and can't park due to someone taking up two spots. I believe the rule is to park in your spot and set up behind your vehicle.

Wouldn't recommend this. I don't think it is allowed and it tends to make folks mad that have a pass for that lot and can't park due to someone taking up two spots. I believe the rule is to park in your spot and set up behind your vehicle.

Used to be able to do that but the parking nazi's won't let you buy two spots anymore. You can only buy one per vehicle and set up tailgating behind your spot.

FYI: A bunch of students are setting up at 1:00 near the armadillo.

They won't last, I promise you. They'll get kicked out faster than a drunk sorority girl dancing on a rickety table in a dive bar.

Can you park anywhere on game day and not have to worry about UNT PD and Denton PD? (that is legal)

Yes. That's a rule for any weekend. 3PM Friday to 7AM Monday is a free-for-all.

Edited by infuryum

So the only GA tailgating area is that small orange lot? That stinks.

This just in:

The Orange lot has been expanded. It now includes the perimeter parking on the north side of the Mean Green Village. This opens up an extra ~200 spots. The Orange lot is now about 500-600 spaces strong. It'll hopefully last a good while. :)

parkingmap-1.jpg

Lifer, I think you may have missed my point

I was willing to pay for 2 spaces so at that point no one could be mad

Wasn't trying to take up extra space

Josh thanks for the measurements. Much appreciated

Lifer, I think you may have missed my point

I was willing to pay for 2 spaces so at that point no one could be mad

Wasn't trying to take up extra space

Josh thanks for the measurements. Much appreciated

Yep, I did. I think they stopped allowing the purchase of two spots last year. Just one per vehicle.

Yep, I did. I think they stopped allowing the purchase of two spots last year. Just one per vehicle.

Couldn't you just take 2 vehicles in at the same time, park next to each other, start to set up, and move the extra vehicle out of the orange lot to somewhere else on campus. This will give you the open space you would need. Just a thought.

I plan on getting out there at 11:00 AM Saturday. Last year, the tailgate for the first home game was unbelievable, and I plan on spending every minute possible on Saturday at Fouts and its surrounding Mean Green faithful!

Guest JohnDenver

Couldn't you just take 2 vehicles in at the same time, park next to each other, start to set up, and move the extra vehicle out of the orange lot to somewhere else on campus. This will give you the open space you would need. Just a thought.

I plan on getting out there at 11:00 AM Saturday. Last year, the tailgate for the first home game was unbelievable, and I plan on spending every minute possible on Saturday at Fouts and its surrounding Mean Green faithful!

Last year the Orange lot was not a pay lot.. it was for MGC. So they came by trying to make room for the people that had passes but no spot available. We would take up 4 spots, but had four passes... and only one car. We would just show them all the passes when they came by and asked.

I can't imagine paying money for a spot, but not having a car, would be a problem. It is pretty common.

Last year the Orange lot was not a pay lot.. it was for MGC. So they came by trying to make room for the people that had passes but no spot available. We would take up 4 spots, but had four passes... and only one car. We would just show them all the passes when they came by and asked.

I can't imagine paying money for a spot, but not having a car, would be a problem. It is pretty common.

"Festival" parking prevents one from using this strategy.