Nt To Play Miami In First Game @ Dolphins Stadium?

The Jason

How on earth did the Hurricanes become a Div-I powerhouse and 5-time National Champion when they don't even have an on-campus stadium????

Oh, yeah... they WIN.

:rolleyes:

Lets see now...............Howard Schnellenberger, Jimmy Johnson a few others of (almost) similar predigree coaching the 'Canes up to their present coach. I will not list our coaches names during that same period of time beginning in the early 1980's--we all know their names (and pedigrees as compared to all the 'Cane's coaches).

Lets see now..............Miami, Florida? Hmmmm? Sun, fun, bikinis, white sand beaches, tourist destination, etc, etc, etc, And, uh, Denton, Texas? We all love our little ol' Denton, but I don't think any of us could ever say it will ever compete with or compare to Miami, Florida. :unsure:

Lets see now..............the Orange Bowl versus Fouts Field? Their storied old stadium and home of numerous Super Bowls versus ours (which mostly has many funny stories and the butt of many DFW area non-NT Exes jokes)? :(

Lets see now..............Miami's schedule thru the decades? Perhaps a bit more Big Time than our steady & continuous diet of big crowd-drawers such as the McNeese States, the Nichols States, the rest of the Southland Conference and a few major schools we persuaded into coming to Fouts Field and how many of that group will come back to the Fouts Field they saw? Baylor probably won't be one of that group because of their electrical black-out experience in the Bear's locker-room at half-time; and their Big 12 last place team getting beat by DD's best team in his 8 year tenureship. Again, we drummed the last place team in the Big 12, but it wasn't like they were ranked like when Troy U beat #19 ranked Missouri in their "new'ish" stadium's debut on national TV.

Lets see now...........yes, the 'Canes WON alright, but on a bit different level than we have over a comparative last quarter of a century in our venerable ol' digg called Fouts Field--and here we go again with Fouts in the midst of yet another one of its famous polishings (of which many on this board have said you just can't keep polishing this "what" was it now?. :)

Yet we are who we are and I suppose some are just content to go another 25 years of being just that, but there are now a whole bunch who are not.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point being... the Miami Hurricanes can play ball on the beach and they would draw 40,000 fans. A stadium does not make a winning program. Winning makes a winning program.

40,000?

And what were our home per game averages during 4 bowl years?

The next level is what I think most of us want, UNTflyer, because we've had that "other" level for most of our entire varsity football history. So might it be that a true, bonafide D1-A football stadium which gives us a future out of Bottom 25 may do for us what Fouts Field seems to have not done for us even during winning seasons?

http://www.fanblogs.com/miami/007107.php

North Texas drops Miami, will open season at LSU

The University of North Texas has reached an agreement to open the 2008 season opener at LSU, according to the Dallas Morning News.

LSU and North Texas last played in 2005, a game that was rescheduled in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. UNT is 0-3 against LSU.

The new deal with the Tigers means that the Mean Green will be dropping the game at Miami, which would have been the Hurricanes home opener in Dolphin Stadium. Now Miami is searching for a replacement.

UNT is negotiating with the Hurricanes to come to an understanding on the $450,000 guarantee that the Eagles would owe The U for breaking the contract.

http://www.fanblogs.com/miami/007107.php

The University of North Texas has reached an agreement to open the 2008 season opener at LSU, according to the Dallas Morning News.

LSU and North Texas last played in 2005, a game that was rescheduled in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. UNT is 0-3 against LSU.

The new deal with the Tigers means that the Mean Green will be dropping the game at Miami, which would have been the Hurricanes home opener in Dolphin Stadium. Now Miami is searching for a replacement.

UNT is negotiating with the Hurricanes to come to an understanding on the $450,000 guarantee that the Eagles would owe The U for breaking the contract.

Who dropped who?!

maybe RV would rather the fans get spit on and cussed at than shot? Guess taking lesser of 2 evils of course seeing two different stories is overly confusing now. :blink:

Unfortunately, there's no way to get out of our conference game against FIU.

So beware of facemasked men carrying crutches.

The only good I see out of Miami wanting to buy out of the contract IS MORE MONEY FOR UNT FOOTBALL and more likely, even a bigger pay day with LSU.

Let me break out my Douche computer and check the math. Buyout likely $350,000. Go to LSU for another $500,000.

Now let me punch that bad boy in the computer..........it is going to take me awhile...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I think I got it. Buyout netted UNT an additional ???????????? my computer wouldn't go that high..

Gosh, if only everygame could be a buyout, THEN WE WOULD HAVE A STADIUM AS BIG AS Rick's biceps. (without any fundraising)

Edited by Dodge2007

The only good I see out of Miami wanting to buy out of the contract IS MORE MONEY FOR UNT FOOTBALL and more likely, even a bigger pay day with LSU.

Let see break out my Douche computer and check the math. Buyout likely $350,000. Go to LSU for another $500,000.

Now let me punch that bad boy in the computer..........it is going to take me awhile...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I think I got it. Buyout netted UNT an additional ???????????? my calculator wouldn't go that high..

Gosh, if only everygame could be a buyout, THEN WE WOULD HAVE A STADIUM AS BIG AS Rick's biceps. (without any fundraising)

Your math is fuzzy as some reports show UNT as trying to break contract, which means we lose the money and maybe even pay to break, while gain some money maybe from LSU.

Your math is fuzzy as some reports show UNT as trying to break contract, which means we lose the money and maybe even pay to break, while gain some money maybe from LSU.

That's what just doesn't make any sense. Why would RV, knowing that Miami was trying to get out of our game with them, break the contract to schedule LSU? He would have only had to wait a few days. I'm not sure those Miami homers got it quite right.

Wow Stan, thanks for putting me on notice. I will now officially retire to my new handle.

White flag goes up........I bend up over like a Frenchman........I retreat like Napolean or Butter Bean, whatever the hell his name is......to be never heard from again........NO more grammar lessons, no more kissing up to Emmitt, and just no more Dodge2007.

Peace.........

Sing along with me.....................(since I am a douche, think Diana Ross or Emmitt, one of those sings this song)

At first I was afraid, I was petrified

Kept thinkin’ I could never live without you by my side

Then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong

And I grew strong

And I learned how to get along

And so you’re back from outer space

I just walked in to find you here, with that sad look upon your face

I should have changed that stupid lock

I should have made you leave your key

If I had known for just one second you’d be back to bother me

Go on now, go walk out the door

Just turn around now

’coz you’re not welcome anymore

Weren’t you the one who tried to break me with goodbye?

Did you think I’d crumble?

Did you think I’d lay down and die?

Oh no not i, I will survive

For as long as I know how to love, I know I’ll stay alive

I’ve got all my life to live

And I’ve got all my love to give

I’ll survive

I will survive

Hey hey

(i, I will survive)

Hey hey

(i, I will survive)

Every day

(i, I will survive)

Oh yeah

Until we meet again.................Dodge2007 RIP

Wow Stan, thanks for putting me on notice. I will now officially retire to my new handle.

White flag goes up........I bend up over like a Frenchman........I retreat like Napolean or Butter Bean, whatever the hell his name is......to be never heard from again........NO more grammar lessons, no more kissing up to Emmitt, and just no more Dodge2007.

Peace.........

Sing along with me.....................(since I am a douche, think Diana Ross or Emmitt, one of those sings this song)

Actually, that would be Gloria Gaynor. Don't doubt me on this, I paid my way through school performing it in drag at gay discos.

Fascinating trivia about "I Will Survive"... One of the last songs recorded by Celia Cruz before she died was "Yo Vivire", a spanish-translated cover version of "I Will Survive". Some say that she was working on a cover version of "Ironic", but wasn't able to finish it before passing away.

We will always be the Eagles.

We will always be the Mean Green.

We will always be the Mean Green Eagles.

I've grown to except that. Same thing with the NTSU comments. Do I like it no but will the nation ever change I've conceded they won't. As long as they talk about us they can call us by what ever former name they want. I’ll never change what I call a stadium just because someone buys the rights I think this is kinda the same.

[link]

Posted by Kevin Donahue

notable comments:

#3 gatorhippy says:

posted on August 22, 2007 09:10 AM — IP: 209.16.115.5 — link

Good move by North Texas...

Mean Green needs to play stiffer competition...

#10 Cane Mutiny says:

posted on August 22, 2007 03:32 PM — IP: 65.12.247.141 — link

Miami wanted to drop this one and get a better opponent anyway to commemorate this stupid new stadium. Dolphin Stadium doesn't need any commemorating though...they should start planning on what to do for the Virginia game this year if they wanna celebrate something. To be honest, what interests me looking at the future schedules is Florida in '08 and, oh man, the home and home with Ohio State in 2010 and 2011...now there's a game I've been dying to see for a while now.

..It's great to be a Miami Hurricane....even at Dolphin Stadium..