Nt Offense Vs. Tt Offense

Can someone explain what, if any, difference there is between what TD runs as opposed to Mike Leach?

The version of the spread that Leach runs doesn't use the running back...ever.

TD will go five wides, but will also hand the bal of 30 times to the RB if that is what is needed.

Leach's offensive line has huge splits, Dodge's line has very tight splits.

Leach has a much higher pass play percentage.

Leach uses a tight end, Dodge doesn't.

There are some concepts that are the same as far as route combinations, but the two offenses have little in common other than a shotgun snap and reputation for big numbers.

The version of the spread that Leach runs doesn't use the running back...ever.

TD will go five wides, but will also hand the bal of 30 times to the RB if that is what is needed.

That's not true, their starting rb's get about 12.5 carries a game and about 900 yards a season and that's just their starting rb's.

Edited by Green Crazy

That's not true, their starting rb's get about 12.5 carries a game and about 900 yards a season and that's just their starting rb's.

Ok, I will be more exact then. TT runs the ball 15.8 times per game (2007 average), compared to throwing the ball 56 times per game. Working out to a 5:1 ratio (with a season low of 11 against OU). I would say that works out to almost never as far as game planning goes.

Ok, I will be more exact then. TT runs the ball 15.8 times per game (2007 average), compared to throwing the ball 56 times per game. Working out to a 5:1 ratio (with a season low of 11 against OU). I would say that works out to almost never as far as game planning goes.

Wow, thats like the opposite of Dickeyball.

:)

Edited by Got5onIt

It's a little less than 4:1, but I see your point.

---It is also close to the ratio of losses to wins for the last two years of Dickie Ball ( a black period ) .... or as one post said... about never. ( mean )

--Leach: Could it be some of you don't like lawyers? (he has a Law degree from Pepperdine) What has he ever done to us other than defeat us, which he was paid to do. Admittedly his personally seems as bland as white bread, not like Spike Dykes who constantly had people laughing but had West Texas wanting to lynch him after losing to us a time or two.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66