Ticket Sales

here's the reply i got from the ticket office just a few minutes ago:

We can't give you any specific numbers however we have had a large increase in season ticket sales and Mean Green Club donations. We started the renewal process earlier this year than in previous years so we are up in the number of renewals at this time of year as well as new account holders. We are close now to where we ended last season.

THINGS ARE LOOKING GOOD!!!!!!!!!

here's the reply i got from the ticket office just a few minutes ago:

We can't give you any specific numbers however we have had a large increase in season ticket sales and Mean Green Club donations. We started the renewal process earlier this year than in previous years so we are up in the number of renewals at this time of year as well as new account holders. We are close now to where we ended last season.

THINGS ARE LOOKING GOOD!!!!!!!!!

Geez, why is the Ticket Office so scared to share actual numbers, that looks like the same message used for past few years. Are they afraid that if the numbers are to high nobody else will by? Most schools are proud to announce ticket sales especially if they are much hire than previous years. Kinda tiring of the clandestine information released by the Department. <_<

Geez, why is the Ticket Office so scared to share actual numbers, that looks like the same message used for past few years. Are they afraid that if the numbers are to high nobody else will by? Most schools are proud to announce ticket sales especially if they are much hire than previous years. Kinda tiring of the clandestine information released by the Department. <_<

I would guess that the Mean Green Club donations are up only because there are many that have decided to give again now that a new coach is in. As for the season tickets, I would guess that it is not as high as they are saying, thus the reason they won't give you numbers, but they want to lead people to believe that they are in hopes of selling a lot of tickets through the summer.

As for the season tickets, I would guess that it is not as high as they are saying, thus the reason they won't give you numbers, but they want to lead people to believe that they are in hopes of selling a lot of tickets through the summer.

I'm gonna disagree on this one. First of all I think a lot of new fans (read Southlake citizens, Dentonites who are excited about a coaching change, alumni who just got back in the fold) have jumped on board. Second, if you are like me and wanted to hold on to your section E seats for $250 you got in early. Last, I'm pretty sure a lot of people who have been continued season ticket holders ponied up early just to show the athletic department "You've made a show of good faith, now I'll do the same." I don't doubt that season tickets sales really have increased and will continue to grow.

I would guess that the Mean Green Club donations are up only because there are many that have decided to give again now that a new coach is in. As for the season tickets, I would guess that it is not as high as they are saying, thus the reason they won't give you numbers, but they want to lead people to believe that they are in hopes of selling a lot of tickets through the summer.

If the numbers are not up significantly, why move season ticket holders to a larger parking area as Cowtown indicated in his post ? I also doubt there is a conspiracy to attempt to raise ticket sales by providing false info. It could be that (1) they are actually telling the truth (2) They are under instructions from their boss (RV) to not discuss numbers. B)

Edited by MeanGreen61

If the numbers are not up significantly, why move season ticket holders to a larger parking area as Cowtown indicated in his post ? I also doubt there is a conspiracy to attempt to raise ticket sales by providing false info. It could be that (1) they are actually telling the truth (2) They are under instructions from their boss (RV) to not discuss numbers. B)

He ask a question, I took a "guess". May be or may not be a good guess, will never know.

Some of us fans have wanted to see the moves now being made for some time:

-Market the Spring Game. Make it an event like larger programs do to build fan interest and promote early season ticket sales.

-Start selling football tickets sooner in the year. Announce the schedule and open the ticket office in the spring.

-Place a premium on choice seating. By upping Mean Green donations and slowly making mid-field sections loyalty-based the program has added value to those seats.

-Continue to encourage and build the tailgating and pre-game activities while promoting fans to move it into the stadium for kickoff.

-Push Dentonites more; make them feel responsible for supporting their town's college football program.

I have not seen any number, but because of the price increase I will have to go to a few select games this year instead of all of 'em.

I hope I am the only one that looks at it this way. I would hate to see attendance suffer due to ticket pricing.

I'm hoping a $4.00 per ticket; if buying individual game tickets; or $11.00 per season ticket increase doesn't cause too many people to not attend. :blink:

I have not seen any number, but because of the price increase I will have to go to a few select games this year instead of all of 'em.

I hope I am the only one that looks at it this way. I would hate to see attendance suffer due to ticket pricing.

Don't worry, some guy from Southlake will surely take your seat. They wipe with $20 bills. I'm only slightly kidding. Come on - seriously you can't afford a $4 ticket increase?

:huh:PLEASE, give me strength !

Don't worry, some guy from Southlake will surely take your seat. They wipe with $20 bills. I'm only slightly kidding. Come on - seriously you can't afford a $4 ticket increase?

It was already hard to come up with the $16 per game. Even went with the endzone the last 2 game last year. Like to take the entire family when I can, and it can add up. But like I said I hope it doesn't affect things, and I am glad that $20 per game is easy money for some. BTW....Thanks for poking at my lack of income;-)

Edited by 0footballfan0

It was already hard to come up with the $16 per game. Even went with the endzone the last 2 game last year. Like to take the entire family when I can, and it can add up. But like I said I hope it doesn't affect things, and I am glad that $20 per game is easy money for some. BTW....Thanks for poking at my lack of income;-)

0footballfan0............have you tried this Family Fun Pack before? Seems like it would be the thing to do, for a family man on a budget.

Mean Green Family Fun Pack $200 ( Sections H & I )

The Family Fun Pack is designed for the family who is looking for an economical option to enjoy Mean Green Football. With the Fun Pack a family of 4 can enjoy reserved sideline seating and a meal for the entire season of Mean Green Football.

The Fun Pack includes:

2 - Adult Tickets Pizza ( Lg. ) & 4 Soft Drinks

2 - Youth Tickets ( Additional youth tickets = $50 )

And, that $200 is for all the games....those are season tickets. Looks to me like, if you went to just a few games on individual tickets....with two adults and a couple of kids, that you'd be out $200 pretty quickly. This package gets you all the games for that....plus concessions at each game.

Edited by Green Means Go!

0footballfan0............have you tried this Family Fun Pack before? Seems like it would be the thing to do, for a family man on a budget.

Mean Green Family Fun Pack $200 ( Sections H & I )

The Family Fun Pack is designed for the family who is looking for an economical option to enjoy Mean Green Football. With the Fun Pack a family of 4 can enjoy reserved sideline seating and a meal for the entire season of Mean Green Football.

The Fun Pack includes:

2 - Adult Tickets Pizza ( Lg. ) & 4 Soft Drinks

2 - Youth Tickets ( Additional youth tickets = $50 )

Thanks for the info, and you guys can ignore my post. I was just concerned since we are having trouble with attendenace that an increase in prices do not usually help to increase the flood of people to the gates. However, winning will negate any price increase;-). I was just using myself as an example since it will affect me. Didn't think a simple post on attendance concerns would get people upset at this fan. Later guys.

Edited by 0footballfan0

Thanks for the info, and you guys can ignore my post. I was just concerned since we are having trouble with attendenace that an increase in prices do not usually help to increase the flood of people to the gates. However, winning will negate any price increase;-). I was just using myself as an example since it will affect me. Didn't think a simple post on attendance concerns would get people upset at this fan. Later guys.

Maybe you should check out ticket prices at some other college games, and you'll realize how much of a bargain NT games are.

I think Tech charges $75 for tickets when the Ags come to town. That's one ticket.

A family of four can see all five of our home games for $200. And not even be in the stinkin' end zone.

Sell some plasma.......

Let me sound like a snob here...I don't know that UNT is concerned about the customer who can't afford the $4 increase. Do you think larger schools (who we like to think we should be more like) worry about those fans? No - because those fans come and go, but the ones who can commit the $$$ are the ones who help grow a program. To me, I'd gladly pay $4 more per ticket, and skip a couple Big Macs per month, than to see my program suffer. By the way - I'm in for 6 season tickets versus 3 last year!

WOW! It's a positive step that this type of thread gets play when it comes to Mean Green sports.....when was the last time folks were even talking about ticket prices at UNT for football? "Me thinks" this is a good sign in some ways!

I think it's probably as simple as they just don't know off hand the exact # of tix sold yet. I doubt it's any secretive or shady doings by the AD (though I admit my explanation IS far less exciting).

And if the $4 prevents anyone from going, please shoot me a PM. I buy season tix every year, but can't always make every games because I live in Houston. I'll be happy to give them to another Mean Green faithful who NEEDS them (not someone who just doesnt want to pay...). :D