Great, let us be the team that proves that Nelly Ball actually works against a strong defensive team in the playoffs. Where did Avery's game plan and attack mentality go? Passing the ball around the perimeter until the shot clock almost runs out just to jack up an off-balanced jumper is not going to work. I saw the Mavs attack the basket in spurts...these are where they got to the line and most of their runs occurred. Why go away from that? Laziness.

And will the real Nowitzki please stand up. :angry:

Painful to watch after such a great regular season.

I think the Mavs will win game 5 here in dallas. As long as we dont lose game 6 at golden state's court we have the series i think.

I was thinking the same thing, Dallas will win game 5, I pray we can win a game6 in golden state on their home court, where I think it we will have our toughest game, if we can win those three, we will win the game 7 in Dallas. Hopefully.

I think the Mavs will win game 5 here in dallas. As long as we dont lose game 6 at golden state's court we have the series i think.

I was thinking the same thing, Dallas will win game 5, I pray we can win a game6 in golden state on their home court, where I think it we will have our toughest game, if we can win those three, we will win the game 7 in Dallas. Hopefully.

Great - the kiss of death.

I fear our postseason traditions transfered across each other when the Mavs trained up here. Like Freaky Friday, but with much crappier results, because you can't turn it off or stare at Lohan's jugs.

• Downvote 1

Choke of the year.

Rick

Choke of the year? How about choke of the decade? Grant it Golden State wasn't your typical 8 seed, but Dirk, Avery and the rest bent over and took it like a 140 lb child molester in the state penn.

The legacy continues for Dallas and Dirk!

Choke of the decade? How bout biggest choke in NBA history!!! I dont care how strong the Warriors are, the Mavs are a 67-15 team. Ugh, this happened the last time we won a division title too, in 86-87, when they won their division by going 55-27 and losing to the Seattle Supersonics in the first round. Granted, they werent the number one team in the NBA. Proves once again Dirk cant lead a team to the championship.

Oh well you can still pack the AAC.... by going to Desperados games!!! Its not the same is it....

Choke of the year? How about choke of the decade? Grant it Golden State wasn't your typical 8 seed, but Dirk, Avery and the rest bent over and took it like a 140 lb child molester in the state penn.

I will state right off the bat that I am a Spurs fan first, Mavs fan second, in case you're wondering about my affiliation...

I couldn't NOT watch the second half last night...it was like watching a train wreck..you want to turn away, but it's just so damn fascinating to watch a disaster like that take place in front of your eyes...

And while I agree with Lifer that the Mavs got swept in the regular season, the top-seeded teams are supposed to crush the lowest seeds in the playoffs...every other team winning 65+ games in NBA history has gone at least to the Conference Finals...you are supposed to impose YOUR will on the other team, not chase them around like the seeds were reversed...looks like Dwayne Wade was right last year...

Well, look on the bright side Mavs fans, on Opening Night next season, they'll raise that "Southwest Division Champs" banner right next to the "Western Conference Champs" flag, and give Dirk the MVP trophy to boot...they can call it "Underachievement Night"...

Speaking of which, how does Mark Cuban sell next season to the fans without blowing up at least part of the team???

Mike Rhyner had a great line last week..."Well, what a year for Metroplex sports fans, the Cowboys: out in the first round of the playoffs, the Stars: out in the first round, the Mavs: out in the first round, the Rangers: out in the first week of the season..." :lol:

Well at least we have the Rangers to fall back on until football starts :(

When Dirk got home last night he wanted to do some laundry... but he couldn't find the basket.

Later in a state of deep depression, he seriously contemplated ending it all... but knew he just wouldn't be able to get a shot off.

I agree... there is no lemonade to made out of this bowl of Dirks. Say goodbye to the big German.

I'm grateful for Dirk. He's been the face of this franchise for the last several years and a part of its turnaround...in the regular season. We can speculate that there will be more chances, but I have a feeling last year and this season were the best chances to win a title with this roster. I'm not implying major changes, but a friend of mine thought that a Dirk to Minnesota for KG would be perfect. I couldn't disagree.

I'd love to see that line up.

Well at least we have the Rangers to fall back on until football starts :(

What tha F---!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously guys last year and this year was our best chances to pull in a title. The Mavs will never win an NBA Title