To Use The Florida Saying...

CMJ

No kidding.

Florida controlled this game from the tip. Absolutely amazing at how much talent they have from 1-9. Their backcourt hits everything when open. OSU is so desperate, Oden hasn't been out for a break in the entire 2nd half. Hats off to the Gators. Great time to be a UF alum.

If they're in the top 5 after mid October in the football season, the rest of the country might as well give up. :lol:

Back to just basketball though...this Florida squad might be the best since I've followed college basketbal(I only date back about 20 years following the sport). It's either them UNLV of the early 90's, or Duke '91 and '92.

They are up there, but I think LJ's UNLV squad would take any team the past 50 years.

I can't say that since Duke in '91 upset them....and that was their weaker team. That '92 Duke squad was something else...only 2 losses the whole season, and I think both of those were in overtime.

****Duke actually lose both games at the end of regulation. To UNC by 2 and to Wake Forest by 4(after Duke blew it's last second chance to tie and the Deacons hit FT).

Edited by CMJ

Does Florida have a "hand mascot ?" I noticed some of the band members showong a sign to the TV camers last night. Any one know what it is ?

Also, did you notice that all the teams in the tournament were shown on the balcony between the lower section and the second ? I looked for North Texas, but I didn't see it. But it made me proud to know it was there.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Sorry LongJim. Clearly my fault for not making myself clear. Like when I suggested everyone wear GREEN to the SMU game. Someone correctly wrote and asked what shade of green.

No, I was really calling a "hand mascot" something more akin to the "hook 'em horns" sign our friends at Texas are fond of. Or the "eagle talon" sign that many NT fans use when hearing the North Texas alma mater. That kind of "hand mascot. Not an extended digit as in "#1."

"Does Florida have such a hand symbol ?"

I thought there were 365 days in a year? :blink:

There is but these rascals have won : Basketball-2006, Football 2006, and then Basketball-2007 (87 days after the football one and iin same academic year) The two sports that people pay the most attention to is Football and basketball so no one else has won one of those since UT won football in the fall of 2005.