Nt Vs Navy

EastTexasMG

While I was at the scrimmage I ran into one of my old friend's dads. He mentioned that he talked to Rick V and Rick said that Staubach is going to toss the coin. He also mentioned the white helmet, which we already knew about, and he said that on the 2009 stadium issue Rick said "we hope". By the way, I took play by play by play notes for the first 10 series, then I got caught in the conversation. I will post those notes either late tonight or tomorrow morning. For those who are curious, Meager started the first 5 series. Riley Dodge and Justin Padron were both at the scrimmage too.

Oh c'mon, a flyover?

The last flyover at UNT was LifeFlight heading to Presbytarian during the 6-OT game.

I was going to say that the F-18's of the Navy's Fighter Attack Squadron 201 down at the Ft. Worth NAS JRB could do it...but a little research shows they are being disbanded in June.

The Air Force's 301st Fighter Wing has F-16's at the JRB...but it would be nice to have some Navy birds.

For those not in attendance they have asked all those who served to stand and be recognized often when playing that service's anthem. Those who were not present are invited to come out this year.

I like the idea of having Joe Greene and all of the other exes recognized. Invite all personally for homecoming. If we can get 30,000 for Navy and 25,000 for homecoming we should be able to break the 20,000 attendance for this season. Beating SMU and having a winning record could lead to an all time attendance high.

If true, this game could draw 30,000

Yeah, I can't count the number of times I've gone to a game I normally wouldn't attend based on who was tossing the coin!!!! :blink:

I think our win/loss record by Nov 11 is going to have a much bigger impact on attendance than who is flipping the coin.

Yeah, I can't count the number of times I've gone to a game I normally wouldn't attend based on who was tossing the coin!!!! :blink:

I think our win/loss record by Nov 11 is going to have a much bigger impact on attendance than who is flipping the coin.

I would say who we play has a bigger impact on attendace than even our record does. Fans will come see us play Navy or SMUt even if we were 1-8, not so for FIU, FAU, et al.

I made that comment based on many factors. 1) We're playing Navy. 2) I believe we will still be drawing some SLC fans up to see Dodge coach. 3) Staubach is a Cowboys legend.

If our record is good as well, that's excellent. But I believe many factors are going to draw people to the game, including Staubach's appearance.

Here's a big dose of reality. In all my years of attending football games (and it's quite a few) I've never and I reiterate NEVER heard someone say that they wanted to attend a football game for any of the following reasons:

1. A celebrity/legend is tossing the coin

2. Their former High School coach is one of the coaches involved in the game

There is no way the game will be a sell out even if every Southlake Carroll student, parent and sibling shows up. If everyone stationed at the JRB in Ft. Worth showed up it might be close to a sell out but I still doubt it. We couldn't sell out the SMU game last year and it was not even close if I recall. It should be a decent crowd but I'm willing to cover any bet that it won't be close to a sell out.