I Come In Peace And Pride

RamoneArchie

As far as the uniforms go, i'm not too picky. I do love that new eagle logo being all over the helmet, that looks nice! My only thing is let's establish a uniform and stick with it. There have been way too many changes to our uniform and logo. Look at the great teams, Ohio State, Texas, USC, Michigan, Florida and so on. When was the last time they've chaned their uniforms? Have they ever (besides the obvious upgrades with the times). Change it and let's stick with it. I don't like the Scrip though. New Logo on a green helmet.

That would be nice. :)

:clapping:

Great post, and nice to have you on board. I really would be interested to hear your thoughts on what how you see players fitting into the new system.

As for who I am, you may remember me as the guy walking around practices a lot wearing a red backpack. :)

Glad you are here! Looking forward to your views on Plumms posts...

:lol:

Coach Archie probably doesn't have the time to read most or any of my posts, eeally! :P Hellsbells, I rarely read them myself! :blink: I have increased my keyboarding WPM since I've been posting them to look at the upside of some of those epistles. As this is post #8,755, I guess I should be keystroking at 100 WPM, right?:)

BUT....................I can remember (as a young alum) when too many times I rarely paid attention to what some old geezers had to say, too, although I would have been the wiser to have done so especially as they outlined some of our past history that we've (unfortunately) repeated way too much. But lets wipe the slate clean because it appears Coach Archie has and after all, it's a..................

A WHOLE NEW DODGE BALL GAME @ NORTH TEXAS!

Yet............a very impressive post from an NT Ex I feel we would all agree. Welcome to this most diverse board of opinion, Coach Archie.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Glad to have you on here Coach Archie! I've coached with a former member (R.G.) of Dickey's staff and is now in the High School ranks and speaks highly of you. It's nice to see guys like you who have played and coached at North Texas getting behind the program and rooting the football program on. I think the potential of this program is great, and its nice to see former members of the Mean Green football family come on board and totally support that. Shoot, now instead of worrying about halftime adjustments, you can head to the letterman's lounge! B)

Okay, is there anyone on here that I know personally, maybe played with. I can't tell since everyone has code names. What's up with this Baby Arm fella? Does he have a small arm or something? I've seen Firefighter rick around I believe, and I met Emmitt on the bus down to UT, I think (I also met his mother-in-law when I went to visit coppell). So could everyone reintroduce themselves for me? Thanks!

BabyArm here... AKA Andy Imm. The BA name comes from Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket. It was a term that came into used on the station by listeners (P1's) and staff after once telling the story of a guy with a small arm, It mainly came into use as a greeting or parting referrence..... "Ok good talking with yall, Baby Arm!" Some would also use "lobster claw" too. Anyway I was a listener to the station and used it when making up my account name on here a few years back.

Been thinking of changing the name though. Not in use much anymore on the Ticket especially since the Rant show on Saturdays is now gone.

BabyArm here... AKA Andy Imm. The BA name comes from Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket. It was a term that came into used on the station by listeners (P1's) and staff after once telling the story of a guy with a small arm, It mainly came into use as a greeting or parting referrence..... "Ok good talking with yall, Baby Arm!" Some would also use "lobster claw" too. Anyway I was a listener to the station and used it when making up my account name on here a few years back.

Been thinking of changing the name though. Not in use much anymore on the Ticket especially since the Rant show on Saturdays is now gone.

That's crazy talk.

What else could be a greeting OR mean goodbye...

Hey Ramone, what was the fast-money question that got you to answer "Dick" for the 10 Grand? (sorry if already asked)

The Fast money questions were as follows:

What is something you forget to do when you go on vacation?

Name something you eat with butter?

Name a place where you have to be quiet.

Give me a nickname for Richard.

Name something that is associated with December.

Ironically all of the number one answers were "Dick" :lol:

Great to have you here coach!! The slate is clean and who could fault you anyway, especially after coaching two National Rushing Champs... nuf said!! Hope you are doing something you like and your tallents are being used elsewhere. I am personally greatful (not that it means much) that you stepped up to join the board and let your Mean Green shine, Thank you!!! We look forward to your input on this board.

I DO have an NFL related RB related question -- I am a Jacksonville Jaguars fan. I see the success of Maurice Jones-Drew who is 5'7" and weighs 212 and I think boy.... Patrick Cobbs could have made that cut or split those defenders or made that block.... For the Dolphins with their RB troubles I believe that he should be Active, not on the practice squad. Maybe he can show them more this year since he will be with them the entire training camp and pre-season, instead of bouncing between teams. You coached Pat.... what are your thoughts???

Great to have you here coach!! The slate is clean and who could fault you anyway, especially after coaching two National Rushing Champs... nuf said!! Hope you are doing something you like and your tallents are being used elsewhere. I am personally greatful (not that it means much) that you stepped up to join the board and let your Mean Green shine, Thank you!!! We look forward to your input on this board.

I DO have an NFL related RB related question -- I am a Jacksonville Jaguars fan. I see the success of Maurice Jones-Drew who is 5'7" and weighs 212 and I think boy.... Patrick Cobbs could have made that cut or split those defenders or made that block.... For the Dolphins with their RB troubles I believe that he should be Active, not on the practice squad. Maybe he can show them more this year since he will be with them the entire training camp and pre-season, instead of bouncing between teams. You coached Pat.... what are your thoughts???

Well, I actually didn't coach Pat. I was hired just last year. Just from watching him play though, given the opportunity he can definately make a roster spot. In my opinion the NFL and College ranks are full of good running backs. Even in high school. I mean there was a running back from Aubrey that rushed for 2,600 yards last year alone and got no interests from any colleges. I say that to make this point. It's all about being in the right place at the right time and when you get that chance shine! He had a pretty good pre-season last year hopefully he can continue that into this year!

Thanks for your input Coach. I always want to see more UNT guys "make it". Patrick seems like a heck of a guy. Talented and just an exceptional individual as a person. Like the Little Engine that Could...... I think he can, I think he can and I am sure the he thinks it too.

Good to have you on the board Coach...My son Charley Brown plays for NT and he always spoke highly of you. I hope you can get out to spring practice and give us your take on how everything is going.

Yeah I noticed from the Family Feud pics that "Dick" pulled down a ton of points. Pretty damn funny.

Haha, best post of the day!

One thing that I don not like about fouts ... is the track that surrounds it. When we would got to other stadiums to play the crowd was more into it because they were like 5 feet from the sidelines.

I agree 100%. Or, in coaching parlance, I agree 110%. ;)

Thanks for posting and best of luck to you in the future - unless you ever coach for SMU. ;)

I'd be interested in having some real football input from Mr. Archie, X and Os, what defense to use it this situation or how the offense works here, nuts and bolts stuff. How often do you get a coach to help explain some of it to you. So many people get the basics of the game wrong.

Some day you may be fortunate to meet "hooknbull". He's an ex-NT player from the Hayden Fry era, who, if you ever sit with him at a game, will disect every X and O, and every defensive scheme known to man,each and every play. He really gets into the game and a very fine gentlemen to know.