40 Minutes Left Before Dancing

First, let me say I'm very pumped about NT getting to the finals. But thank goodness MTSU found a way to beat the top seed. This team is bad! This is the first time I've seen them this season, but if they find a way to get to the tourney NT will get KILLED by a 2 seed, maybe even a top seed. But, I don't want to rain on that parade, because I've always wanted to see us in the Tournament.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First, let me say I'm very pumped about NT getting to the finals. But thank goodness MTSU found a way to beat the top seed. This team is bad! This is the first time I've seen them this season, but if they find a way to get to the tourney NT will get KILLED by a 2 seed, maybe even a top seed. But, I don't want to rain on that parade, because I've always wanted to see us in the Tournament.

:blink:

Does it never, ever stop? Please, God, make it stop.

Pretty much.

This game was not representative of how good we can play. But good teams can win ugly...like we did. Win or lose tommorrow, this has been a helluva ride.

We having been hitting our outside shots, but we still have won in the tourney. We'll look better IF we can get the outside shooting touch back. But, the team didn't look sharp mentally tonight, whereas they did in the last half last night. But, MTSU didn't look like they did last night either. I wonder if both teams weren't somewhat tired?

This is the first time I've seen them this season

That pretty much sums up your entire post. This is not a bad team. This is a team that has made dumb mistakes down the stretch that has hurt them in close games (some by the coach). However, this team is very athletic, has 5 to 6 guys that can hit the three and 2 big men down low that are decent enough to hold their own but aren't really asked to do a lot. A bad team, even in an average conference, doesn't win 20+ games. At worst this is an average team, but a very dangerous team if they hit their 3's. The 3 pointer is college basketball's great equalizer!!

At worst this is an average team, but a very dangerous team if they hit their 3's. The 3 pointer is college basketball's great equalizer!!

You are correct. If NT is hitting the 3ball, it's almost unbeatable.

That pretty much sums up your entire post. This is not a bad team. This is a team that has made dumb mistakes down the stretch that has hurt them in close games (some by the coach). However, this team is very athletic, has 5 to 6 guys that can hit the three and 2 big men down low that are decent enough to hold their own but aren't really asked to do a lot. A bad team, even in an average conference, doesn't win 20+ games. At worst this is an average team, but a very dangerous team if they hit their 3's. The 3 pointer is college basketball's great equalizer!!

Tired of the close calls :/ Just once, please, I would like this team to be hot on the 3 and just completely obliterate an opponent like they can.

I'm going to look for a radio feed for the other semi final.

Fell free to rip me, but if today's game is representative of this team then they aren't that good, be realistic.

I mean come on, they have no real offense to speak of. It's pretty much one-on-one and hope somebody gets a shot. They force shots, they have poor spacing, they made a lot of questionable decisions. Those are things you can tell from one game and don't have to see them all season. Maybe today was an off game fine, but it's easy to tell they're not that good. And I don't care about winning 6 of 7, this league stinks.

MTSU is HORRIBLE yet they found a way to stay close throughout. It's ok to take off the green colored glasses every once in awhile.

HOWEVER, let it be known, NT making the tourney will be a close 2nd to the football team winning the New Orleans Bowl.

Of all people southbendgreen, you should know better than to watch one game and pass judgement on a team based on that.

True,

But even in watching one game you can tell they aren't very well coached. And I've never been one to call for JJ's head because I haven't seen enough games, but anybody who's watched a lot of basketball can tell they aren't very good. Again, though GMG!

Fell free to rip me, but if today's game is representative of this team then they aren't that good, be realistic.

I mean come on, they have no real offense to speak of. It's pretty much one-on-one and hope somebody gets a shot. They force shots, they have poor spacing, they made a lot of questionable decisions. Those are things you can tell from one game and don't have to see them all season. Maybe today was an off game fine, but it's easy to tell they're not that good. And I don't care about winning 6 of 7, this league stinks.

MTSU is HORRIBLE yet they found a way to stay close throughout. It's ok to take off the green colored glasses every once in awhile.

HOWEVER, let it be known, NT making the tourney will be a close 2nd to the football team winning the New Orleans Bowl.

I don't recall you ever seeming this nasty. For what it's worth, this team is athletic enough to overcome poor x-and-o execution. Memphis is an awful lot in that category. Let it all out, then put the Green Goggles back on and take a win however they come!

I thought that was a sort of cheap shot on the league. It's not a great league, but it's our's; we won 20 games in this league dealing with the cards that are dealt and it's gotten us on the verge of a Big Dance invite, some serious NCAA money, and some attention from fans that would otherwise not visit this board. We had 62 users visiting this thread. Is that a record? W/e the case, it's good attention.

Basketball Jones has the team peaking at the right time.

The team is PUMPED.

UNT wins tomorrow night.

For all of you who are still critical of "our" team or "our" coach then IMHO there is another local board where you can make your negitive posts.

I am really excited about this victory and refuse to listen to "trite" posts that still critisize the UNT BB team and the coach. Everyone else should share in the enthusiasm of what is happening.

Congrats to BB Jones and the team for another win..........#22.

Tuesday night........#23.

How in the hell can you decide a team is bad after 1 game? Just plain silly. In case you haven't noticed, we are 22-10, and have a consistently top ranked national offense (always top #30, sometimes in the teens) for most of the season.