Vizza As Reciever?

LAZER

I know the 2007 recruiting class had many receivers but does anyone think Dodge might play Vizza as a receiver this year? The reason i pose this question is because at SLC Dodge put many of his future starting QB's at receiver for a season so they could learn the routs better. this would be an alternative to red shirting if he does not get the starting position. Personally I don't think he will because Dodge will want to keep him around as long as possible especially now that Riley's out of the question. (not to mention in HS there is no such thing as red shirting so what else could he do with them)

Edited by LAZER

IF Vizza redshirts...I could see Dodge playing him at receiver for a couple months in practice.

Are we so bored at this point in the offseason that we are debating our QB of the future playing receiver.

I suppose TD might let him play a little receiver if he were to RS...I still wouldn't count on it.

Are we so bored at this point in the offseason that we are debating our QB of the future playing receiver.

I suppose TD might let him play a little receiver if he were to RS...I still wouldn't count on it.

Did you read his question? He made an observation that TD prepares his quarterbacks by having them play receiver. The last several at SLC have all done that. He is asking if T will continue that practice at UNT.

Pretty good observation on his part.

Did you read his question? He made an observation that TD prepares his quarterbacks by having them play receiver. The last several at SLC have all done that. He is asking if T will continue that practice at UNT.

Players can't redshirt in high school, so why not put them on the field for some experience. It's different in college, you don't subject your potential future QB to such things. Maybe in a practice he could run some routes if that is thought to be a benefit, but you don't burn eligibilty just to experiment in real games.

Players can't redshirt in high school, so why not put them on the field for some experience. It's different in college, you don't subject your potential future QB to such things. Maybe in a practice he could run some routes if that is thought to be a benefit, but you don't burn eligibilty just to experiment in real games.

I know the 2007 recruiting class had many receivers but does anyone think Dodge might play Vizza as a receiver this year? The reason i pose this question is because at SLC Dodge put many of his future starting QB's at receiver for a season so they could learn the routs better. this would be an alternative to red shirting if he does not get the starting position. Personally I don't think he will because Dodge will want to keep him around as long as possible especially now that Riley's out of the question. (not to mention in HS there is no such thing as red shirting so what else could he do with them)

In high school the quarterback is frequently the best athlete on the team. Many high school QB's that sign with colleges do so as athletes, WR's or DB's. Riley Dodge verbaled to Texas as an 'athlete', not a QB. It's understandable that backups may play other positions while waiting their turn as QB. Vizza was recruited as a QB and IMHO that's where he'll be at NT.

No, he will not continue that practice. You do that in HS simply because you want to get the kid on the field...in college you RS him...you don't play your QB of the future at WR

I believe there might be a little too much analyzing going on here

Really? I thought it was a legitimate question and backed up with some history of Dodge's coaching. I don't think you will see Vizza out there, but you might see Wilson or Tune.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. I love how people that post really dumb sh!t are the first to accuse others of the dumbest posts of the year.

(Note to the mods: JohnDenver said "Sh!t" with the exclamation point is OK. So, sit on it.)

Really? I thought it was a legitimate question and backed up with some history of Dodge's coaching. I don't think you will see Vizza out there, but you might see Wilson or Tune.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. I love how people that post really dumb sh!t are the first to accuse others of the dumbest posts of the year.

(Note to the mods: JohnDenver said "Sh!t" with the exclamation point is OK. So, sit on it.)

I know seriously, and for the record I can think of about a 1000 different posts/topics that were alot dumber just since i became a member not to long ago.

For the record, I never said move him to a permanant reciever or one that plays often. What I was asked was, if Vizza does not earn the starting QB position is it likely that he may play alot of reciever in practice and maybe see a little game time. I agree that college is different from highschool, but it's just what he did with his future QB's at SLC. By doing this Vizza would lose a year of eligibility at QB but maybe Dodge thinks the knowledge of playing reciever for a year and learning the routes would outweigh one year of eligibility. (ie: it would make such a difference in his QB playing that it would be worth it. Not saying I think this I am just explaining myself better)

Let's recruit more state champion quarterbacks and make them into receivers so that our current, lousy, 2 win season quarterbacks can get more snaps. That'd be cool.

pretty damn funny.

Just to kind of counter-punch this argument, lets not forget that some of the great players in NT history, specifically some recent players on the defensive side were converted from many different positions they played in HS.

Didn't Kassell play QB in HS? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Please don't translate that into Vizza playing LB :blink:. For the record, I want him kept at QB, but I'll trust Todge to make the decision in the best interest of the program.