Giovanni "mean Green" Vizza

Mo Green

Link to article

<H2 class=vitstoryheadline>Football: QBs from Heights, Comfort receive statewide honor</H2>

<H5 class=vitstorydate>Web Posted: 02/11/2007 12:53 AM CST</H5>

San Antonio Express-News

Alamo Heights quarterback Giovanni Vizza and Comfort quarterback Luke Roberts were named Built Ford Texas Tough High School Football Players of the Year during a ceremony Saturday at Texas Stadium in Irving. Vizza won the Class 4A honor after helping lead the Mules to the Division I state title. An Express-News All-Area pick, Vizza passed for an area-best 3,278 yards and 37 touchdowns with just eight interceptions.

Roberts, also an All-Area pick, won the 2A award after leading the area in total offense with 4,330 yards (2,581 passing and 1,749 rushing). He scored 35 rushing TDs and threw for 28.

- Staff report

Edited by NCMeanGreen

Link to article

<H2 class=vitstoryheadline>Football: QBs from Heights, Comfort receive statewide honor</H2>

<H5 class=vitstorydate>Web Posted: 02/11/2007 12:53 AM CST</H5>

San Antonio Express-News

Alamo Heights quarterback Giovanni Vizza and Comfort quarterback Luke Roberts were named Built Ford Texas Tough High School Football Players of the Year during a ceremony Saturday at Texas Stadium in Irving. Vizza won the Class 4A honor after helping lead the Mules to the Division I state title. An Express-News All-Area pick, Vizza passed for an area-best 3,278 yards and 37 touchdowns with just eight interceptions.

Roberts, also an All-Area pick, won the 2A award after leading the area in total offense with 4,330 yards (2,581 passing and 1,749 rushing). He scored 35 rushing TDs and threw for 28.

- Staff report

Where did this Roberts kid go?

Where did this Roberts kid go?

robertsluke1.jpg

Texas High School Football site

I don't know if Luke Roberts committed anywhere.

Statistical Information

2581 pass yds, 29 pass TD

61% completion rate

256 rushes, 1749 rush yds, 35 rush TD

The kid put up some amazing stats, and if you research articles about his games, he carried the Bobcats. He's seems to fit the bill of "athlete" that could possibly excell at any of several positions.

Perhaps Comfort native Ty Rexrode can put in a good word to Coach Dodge about him. Roberts looks like an excellent candidate for a greyshirt offer.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Can someone please help me understand what it takes to be a 3-satr recruit?

I don't even think that Rivals can explain that one. It takes a rating of 5.5 - 5.8 to receive 3 stars. Vizza, Davis, Mosley, and Roberson all were rated 5.4. If we were a BCS school that would have been rated at least 5.5. I consider them as 3 star players, regardless.

Rivals is about as good as we have but they have plenty of flaws. The BCS is one of them but not the only one by far. They do not give enough weight to late bloomers, all-star teams, heart, leadership, etc. They rely too much on size and speed. There are major disagreements between recruiting services. For example, Justin Padron has one of the highest ratings (at least for us) in Scouts. He was ranked the #36 LB and given a grade of 78 (Division 1A prospects get a grade of 40 until analyzed). He was tied for our lowest rated on Rivals with a grade of 5.1 (Division 1A prospects usually get a mimimum grade of 4.9).

I do think that you will see our Rival ratings go up considerably if Dodgeball is a success. They will rely more on TD's judgment as being a good evaluator of talent. In other words, if Todd Dodge is interested in him, he must be a little better than we figured.