Recruiting Chat: Dodge Has Unt On The Rise

RETSO

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...t.5394042c.html

From e-mail: How would you rate the job that Todd Dodge has done at UNT in the short period of time he has been there? With the number and quality of recruits he has gotten to commit, I would think that things can only get better from here.

Brian

Todd Wills: Brian, it appears Mr. Dodge is doing very well. He must be hard at work on the recruiting trail because I sure can't ever reach him on his cellphone. Anyway, some nice commitments from guys like Lufkin LB A.J. Penson and San Antonio QB Giovanni Vizza. Dodge has covered his bases in his backyard, taking the best senior at Carroll -- DE Kyle Russo – and the two standout receivers at Colleyville Heritage, Breece Johnson and Evan Walker. And his best commitment – Austin Westlake's Bron Hager. Bron's father, Britt Hager, is one of my personal all-time favorite college football players. Bron hails from the greatest high school in the nation. This guy has All-Sun Belt safety written all over him.

Kit: Where do you think Austin Westlake's Nick Foles will wind up after changing his mind on Arizona State? Any chance Texas might be interested in him?

Todd Wills: Hard to say where Nick Foles will wind up. Baylor and Michigan State have shown interest. How about Todd Dodge and Carroll? Foles lit up Carroll's secondary in a truly remarkable performance by Westlake in the 5A state championship game. Foles and his teammates showed a ton of heart in that game and you have to believe Foles had a lot to do with it. He'll find a solid program to play for.

Kit: Where do you think Austin Westlake's Nick Foles will wind up after changing his mind on Arizona State? Any chance Texas might be interested in him?

Todd Wills: Hard to say where Nick Foles will wind up. Baylor and Michigan State have shown interest. How about Todd Dodge and Carroll? Foles lit up Carroll's secondary in a truly remarkable performance by Westlake in the 5A state championship game. Foles and his teammates showed a ton of heart in that game and you have to believe Foles had a lot to do with it. He'll find a solid program to play for.

if Dodge can land Foles, they should name the new stadium after him right now.

Welcome to Todd Dodge Stadium, Home of the Mean Green.

I don't disagree with you much Rick, but I do believe that Russo is a better prospect than his teammate Padron.

We shall see my friend. Looking back at the video's of Russo one could easily make the arguement that he was the best on that squad. Very athletic, extremely smart and good anticipation as to where the ball is going to go. Takes great angles to get to the ball carrier, gets his hands up on the throw and batting down passes when he can. I was looking at my photos of him that I took during the Allen game and he was dwarfed by the Allen tackles yet often times had to have the lone back or guard double down on him to keep him out of the backfield. He could see playing time this year for sure.

Rick

mmmmmm, No. Maybe one of the best, but not THE best. That title goes to "The Governor", Justin Padron.

Rick

i think its great to see that we get to disagree who the 2 best seniors were on a team that has won so many titles, when really the true winner is UNT that we will get to see both of them play and mature into even better athletes

Sunday's DaMN of Jan 21--Kevin Sherrington's article, "A la Carte", had a nice little note--

quote, "Another resaon Todd Dodge will succeed at North Texas:DISD coaches say they'er seeing

UNT assistants on their campuses for the first time in years"

Did anyone else see this ? I beleive Todd Dodge is going to own the DFW recruiting pipeline more

quickly than I ever thought! Wait until the class of 2008 comes around!

Todd Willis says Tre Newton is the best RB in next year's class in the state???? hmmmm.....don't think so. Top 100 players , yes, top RB...nope!

I don't know of the DMN has the best guy possible answering those questions

I'll agree Willis may not be the best guy answering questions about recruiting. But he is the RECRUITING WRITER. Tre is a talented back, but it's difficult to say he's the best in the state. UNT Mean Green, who is your pick for the top RB in the Class of 2008?

I'll agree Willis may not be the best guy answering questions about recruiting. But he is the RECRUITING WRITER. Tre is a talented back, but it's difficult to say he's the best in the state. UNT Mean Green, who is your pick for the top RB in the Class of 2008?

Best prep RB in Texas? Lennon Creer, hands down. Then, maybe, Justin Sturns, Joseph Reese, or Foswhitt Whittaker.

Best prep RB in Texas? Lennon Creer, hands down. Then, maybe, Justin Sturns, Joseph Reese, or Foswhitt Whittaker.

Not 2007, the Class of 2008. You know Tre's class. Let's compare apples to apples.