Best Wife Ever?

Congrats!

Definately a keeper.

I don't want to brag, but I'm going to anyways. My wife is a HUGE MG (and sports in general) fan. Not only does she like football, but she is actually more active on this board than I am (not that its a challenge). We are season ticket holders, and we tailgate before every game. :wub:

Hopefully your wife will want to do the same.

I know your wife, Scrotty...you'll be rethinking that statement later. ;) (she might hunt me down and kill me for that)

Just kidding...I didn't realize the wedding had already happened.

Congrats to you and Zippy...you picked a good one, she couldn't have picked worse :P ...all the best to you both.

It is wonderful to have a wife who either likes sports or tolerates your love of sports. I know. Get a load of this:

I am a long-time Atlanta Braves fan. Back in the days before radio broadcasts over the internet, the Braves were playing a critical series in San Francisco. The last game of the series was in the afternoon, with first place in the NL West on the line. I called my wife, who was at home, and she checked the TV broadcast to give me the score.

That was nice, but her next move gained her worshipdom: She turned up the sound on the TV, put the phone handset next to the TV, and left it there for the next hour while I listened to the final five innings over the phone. She even checked every so often to make sure the phone connection was still open. God, I do love that woman.

I'm a big sports fan and wife is not, but we've been extremely happy in our fifteen years together. My advice: don't make her a sports widow. Pick your spots for the games you NEED to watch that might override your normal schedule. Take her to dinner - where she wants to go - the night before a game, then you can peacefully watch the game the next day. Take her to some games. Watch TV games with her. Answer her questions. My wife, despite her better judgment, has learned more about sports than she ever imagined, and she enjoys the games much more than she did years ago.

Also, learn how to shop for jewelry. If you can shop for jewelry, you can screw up a lot.

First off Dub, she probably will hunt you down, but hopefully you can escape

Second, Zeke, it went over well becuase it was just my Groom's cake that was decorated with the S of W, not the wedding cake

Thrid, I forgot to mention that as i threw the gater the good ol' fight song was playing in the back and the Talons were being thrown up all around the hall

Zeke, I've attended a wedding of aggies where they played the Aggie War Hymn as the recessional. Maybe you can talk her into choosing "Let's give a cheer" as you and the bridal party exit.

Waaaaay ahead of you there.

Those of you who know Erin know that she loves our school. The Fight Song WILL be played at the recessional. Still trying to get Scrappy to be the pastor.

Waaaaay ahead of you there.

Those of you who know Erin know that she loves our school. The Fight Song WILL be played at the recessional. Still trying to get Scrappy to be the pastor.

Get me the Scrappy getup and I'll do it. I'm an ordained minister in the Universal Life Church. ;)

Get me the Scrappy getup and I'll do it. I'm an ordained minister in the Universal Life Church. ;)

Why not just get comatose basketball asswhip Scrappy on the case?

That way everyone at your wedding can get interested, but not too excited - like a good basketball game.

Why not just get comatose basketball asswhip Scrappy on the case?

That way everyone at your wedding can get interested, but not too excited - like a good basketball game.

Post of the week?

Dang if I would of known I would of had you do my wedding DUB! But then again Im not sure Joanne would of allowed such a train wreck :P

Dude, I'm fairly certain Joanne would have walked out on your ass if she got to the alter and I was standing there to officiate. Then again...the potential for hilarity would have been very high.