Attendance

NDT

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what the attendance was in numbers, but to put it into words, it was F***ING PATHETIC!! I can't believe how low the turn out was for our Homecoming, our f***ing Homecoming! The attendance tonight was a slap in the face to our players who go out there and leave everything they have on the field. There are some legitimate reasons for missing the game, but UT vs OU and not liking DD or RF are not legitimate reasons! If we want better recruits, we need more than 15k (which is hard to believe) in the f***ing stands!

Edited by Green Crazy

There were a bunch outside. hmmmmmmmmmm. I guess there is good and bad in everything so the spins will work. I love the tailgate stuff but wish would could get those folks in the game. The guys behind me where calling their wives outside to tell them that the game was running late. He said there were 20 in his group alone that had tickets but stayed outside to drink beer.

There are some legitimate reasons for missing the game, but UT vs OU and not liking DD or RF are not legitimate reasons!  If we want better recruits, we need more than 15k (which is hard to believe) in the f***ing stands!

What would you classify as a legitimate reason?

People need to realize that DD's inept offensive scheme, the degredation of the defense since the departure of Deloach, the disgust the coaching staff has for the university and its fans, our absolute ineffectiveness against any D1A school ranked above 100, etc... are all LEGITIMATE REASONS for missing the game.

You can play ostrich to the reality, but every year that DD remains our coach, we will continue to see empty stands and apathetic alumni. The reason many of us support our football program and believe further investment in the sports program is wise is because it affords the university the opportunity to evolve from its commuter school image into a college that fosters an environment of school pride and one that reconnects alumni to the university.

So long as we continue the course we're on, with countless examples of LEGITIMATE REASONS why our fans become apathetic and lose interest in the football program, we can at best expect to compete in the Sun Belt.

Aim higher. Can DD.

There were a bunch outside. hmmmmmmmmmm. I guess there is good and bad in everything so the spins will work. I love the tailgate stuff but wish would could get those folks in the game. The guys behind me where calling their wives outside to tell them that the game was running late. He said there were 20 in his group alone that had tickets but stayed outside to drink beer.

yeah, sadly i have lots of friends who just go to tailgate, they never really have intentions of actually going to the game. weird, uhn?

What would you classify as a legitimate reason?

People need to realize that DD's inept offensive scheme, the degredation of the defense since the departure of Deloach, the disgust the coaching staff has for the university and its fans, our absolute ineffectiveness against any D1A school ranked above 100, etc... are all LEGITIMATE REASONS for missing the game.

You can play ostrich to the reality, but every year that DD remains our coach, we will continue to see empty stands and apathetic alumni.  The reason many of us support our football program and believe further investment in the sports program is wise is because it affords the university the opportunity to evolve from its commuter school image into a college that fosters an environment of school pride and one that reconnects alumni to the university. 

So long as we continue the course we're on, with countless examples of LEGITIMATE REASONS why our fans become apathetic and lose interest in the football program, we can at best expect to compete in the Sun Belt.

Aim higher.  Can DD.

Are we there to support the coach at the games or are we there to support the team? I'm definitley not a fan of the coaches, I'm as pissed as anyone is when I see the same wide receiver screen that we ran all night for little gain get one of our best players lit up and taken out of the game for a series. While you give legitimate reasons why the team isn't doing good right now, you give no legitimate reasons for not supporting the team. The definition of a fan is "an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator" people who don't go to the games because they dislike the coaching staff and the teams records are not devoted, their fair weather "fans" and those are the "fans" that this university doesn't need.

Edited by Green Crazy

Are we there to support the coach at the games or are we there to support the team?  I'm definitley not a fan of the coaches, I'm as pissed as anyone is when I see the same wide receiver screen that we ran all night for little gain get one of our best players lit up and taken out of the game for a series.  While you give legitimate reasons why the team isn't doing good right now, you give no legitimate reasons for not supporting the team.  The definition of a fan is "an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator" people who don't go to the games because they dislike the coaching staff and the teams records are not devoted, their fair weather "fans" and those are the "fans" that this university doesn't need.

Those are exactly the type of people this university needs to convert. If they are in the parking lot, they have to somewhat care and have a good time. Maybe if they realize what they are missing they will come inside.

I would be more upset with the ones that don't even bother to show up at all.

The majority of the stands in any stadium are NOT filled with diehards, but with casual fans. You will not see an increase in attendance until we are a winning program that plays exciting football. That is all. What? Did you expect a ton of people to show up for a program that's only won one game, and just got blown the hell out at home by MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE?

People are paying for a product. If the product is terrible, they will not put their hard-earned money into it.

How many fans are not showinf up at A&M games despite there disgust with Francione or did at Texas during Akers last days. True fans support the school. Those fans are the ones deserving input on the coahes status.

A good excuse is illness or my wife having to go to a wedding for a good friend of hers. I was at the game. I would like to see NT Security clear the parking lot once the game begins. If they just want to party let them go to someone's home.

I do expect to see attendance like last night at regular season conference games, I'm not oblivious to our situation, but I don't expect that at our HOMECOMING game!  This game is supposed to be our diehards fans.

After driving 2 1/2 hours round trip to watch that debacle known as the Middke Tennesse State game. I REFUSED to use another one of my season tickets until the team played with some emotion. It appears I will be returning against La. Tech, because I don't have enough faith in this Deputy Dog coached team to make the trips to Jonesboro, Ark. or Troy, Ala.

How many fans are not showinf up at A&M  games despite there disgust with Francione or did at Texas during Akers last days.  True fans support the school.  Those fans are the ones deserving input on the coahes status.

A good excuse is illness or my wife having to go to a wedding for a good friend of hers.  I was at the game.  I would like to see NT Security clear the parking lot once the game begins.  If they just want to party let them go to someone's home.

Please don't compare UNT to A & M with all of their traditions and Big 12. You are comparing apples and oranges here.

yeah and if you want to compare A&M to UNT please do your research. The first 3 home games of the season, A&M COULD NOT fill the place up. Bil Burns, their AD, wouldn't even let A&M games be shown on pay per view because they were not filling the stands. So let's think about it...... they were playing no name opponents and they have NO confidence in the coach and they couldn't get people in the stands... sound vaguely familiar huh? let's not always blame NORTH TEXAS fans, some things are universal.

I don't know what the attendance was in numbers, but to put it into words, it was F***ING PATHETIC!!  I can't believe how low the turn out was for our Homecoming, our f***ing Homecoming!  The attendance tonight was a slap in the face to our players who go out there and leave everything they have on the field.  There are some legitimate reasons for missing the game, but UT vs OU and not liking DD or RF are not legitimate reasons!  If we want better recruits, we need more than 15k (which is hard to believe) in the f***ing stands!

What did you guys expect after going 3-14 in the last 17 games playing a 0-5 team that no one has ever heard of? We're lucky we had decent attendance last week against the MUTS

Looking at the attendance in the box scores of SBC vs. C-USA:

ULM @ ASU.......18,700

FIU @ UNT.......15,100

LaLa @ Houston..17,500 (nice SBC win over CUSA)

USM @ Tulsa.......20,600

UCF @ Marshall...27,500

Rice @ Tulane.....15,100

Vir @ ECU.........35,500

Mem @ UAB........20,600

SMU @ UTEP.......41,200

Need more butts in the seats, win or lose

Edited by eulesseagle

Looking at the attendance in the box scores of SBC vs. C-USA:

ULM  @  ASU.......18,700

FIU  @  UNT.......15,100

LaLa @  Houston..17,500 (nice SBC win over CUSA)

USM @ Tulsa.......20,600

UCF @ Marshall...27,500

Rice @ Tulane.....15,100

Vir  @ ECU.........35,500

Mem @ UAB........20,600

SMU @ UTEP.......41,200

Need more butts in the seats, win or lose

You missed Louisville@MTSU (played in Nashville) 32,797

What did you guys expect after going 3-14 in the last 17 games playing a 0-5 team that no one has ever heard of? We're lucky we had decent attendance last week against the MUTS

I expect a better or at least an equal turn out to what we had the week before (by the way who has heard of MTSU), when it wasn't homecoming. If the attendances would have been flipped then I don't think anything of it, but this game should have been the second highest in attendance for the year. We had a much better turn out for last years homecoming with a similar record and a similar opponent.

I expect a better or at least an equal turn out to what we had the week before (by the way who has heard of MTSU), when it wasn't homecoming.  If the attendances would have been flipped then I don't think anything of it, but this game should have been the second highest in attendance for the year.  We had a much better turn out for last years homecoming with a similar record and a similar opponent.

Most outsiders don't know of MTSU, but we have some what of a rivalry with them. (I use the term rivalry very loosely here since up to this year the series has been one sided) Isn't this only our second year of playing FIU?

Most outsiders don't know of MTSU, but we have some what of a rivalry with them. (I use the term rivalry very loosely here since up to this year the series has been one sided) Isn't this only our second year of playing FIU?

I know who MTSU is, I was just trying to make a point that the outsiders don't know who either of the colleges are.

I posted this first on another thread but it seems more appropriate here.

I hear people dogging on our attendence from Saturday. Its Texas-OU weekend that gives us an automatic minus atleast 3-4k fans. I was suprised we had 15k show up. The plus side of this is that we have 15k die hard fans that don't give a rats ass about Texas-OU and would rather be watching a 1-4 UNT team. I see that as a HUGE success for the program. If we can keep building a die hard fan base at the rate we have been since '01 we should easily be in the 20k+ fans at every game no matter the weekend or opponent by the end of the decade (I know that sounds like a long time but 20 years of neglect isn't repaired over night).

I expect a better or at least an equal turn out to what we had the week before (by the way who has heard of MTSU), when it wasn't homecoming.  If the attendances would have been flipped then I don't think anything of it, but this game should have been the second highest in attendance for the year.  We had a much better turn out for last years homecoming with a similar record and a similar opponent.

Put something more exciting on the field than "runs up the middle" all night and there would be more in attendance. I can guarantee you, that when people read that we gained 26 yards in 7 OT's they think "boring" to themselves reguardless if we won. People outside of die hards come for entertainment, and there is NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING entertaining about this team.

I posted this first on another thread but it seems more appropriate here.

I hear people dogging on our attendence from Saturday. Its Texas-OU weekend that gives us an automatic minus atleast 3-4k fans. I was suprised we had 15k show up. The plus side of this is that we have 15k die hard fans that don't give a rats ass about Texas-OU and would rather be watching a 1-4 UNT team. I see that as a HUGE success for the program. If we can keep building a die hard fan base at the rate we have been since '01 we should easily be in the 20k+ fans at every game no matter the weekend or opponent by the end of the decade (I know that sounds like a long time but 20 years of neglect isn't repaired over night).

FWIW our attendance average to date (3 home games) is 19,113.