WHAT AN INCREDIBLE GAME?

IslandEagle

I watched the game on the Premium Site and must admit that I was irritated for 90% of the game at our lack of offense. But, when all is said and done I must admit that was one of the best North Texas games I've ever seen in terms of dramatic appeal. I couldn't stop watching it even though it was like a slow water torture.

I have never been prouder of the team and especially the defense. They never quit and had several opportunities to do so. They earned this win with guts.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree.

No offense. Defense played well. But it was a miracle NT scored a TD to take the lead and poor kicking by FIU is as much of what won this for NT as anything else.

I'm glad NT won...but it definately isn't a game I will point to 10 years from now and say "that was a great game."

I disagree.

No offense. Defense played well. But it was a miracle NT scored a TD to take the lead and poor kicking by FIU is as much of what won this for NT as anything else.

I'm glad NT won...but it definately isn't a game I will point to 10 years from now and say "that was a great game."

100 yards of offense, in 7 OT's at home, is nothing to remember. Yea, we won. So what. We beat a team that was 0 and freaking 5.

I disagree.

It will be one you remember, though.

100 yards of offense, in 7 OT's at home, is nothing to remember.  Yea, we won.  So what.  We beat a team that was 0 and freaking 5.

Wow... before the game you were calling for a FIU blowout and we all talked up the Golden Panthers, how close they were against great opposition...... what a difference an agenda makes, eh??

GMG!!!! Hard fought win!

Wow... before the game you were calling for a FIU blowout and we all talked up the Golden Panthers, how close they were against great opposition...... what a difference an agenda makes, eh??

GMG!!!! Hard fought win!

Where's the agenda? The game was horrible.

Where's the agenda?  The game was horrible.

We WON. You get that right???

I'm not saying anyone's job is safe. Nor should it be. I'm saying we FREAKING WON, people??? Almost ALL of you predicted a big loss!!!

The DD Lynch Mob just makes me laugh... before the game, FIU was a good team, a team that almost beat Maryland, blah blah... now, we WIN, and "they're a freaking 0-5 team"..

..whatever suits your anti-NT agenda. Hope you all enjoy your misery tonight. Me? I could care less - I'm off to enjoy this tonight. See ya!

One of the most dramtic games I've ever listened to. I'll enjoy this one for quite some time. Hell I enjoyed the last second win we had in ....I wanna say 1997 in our last game of the year.

(Jason Mills threw a TD on the last play of the game)

And we weren't any good that year. But I still have fond memories of it.

Two inapt teams...but a win is a win.

I feel bad for our players. They worked hard and came out with a victory. I'm sure they're all excited. I just hope that reading the board doesn't bring them down again. We need any kind of turnaround we can get.

As far as the game itself. Defense played great. Offense, same old story but J-Mo broke a couple good runs, he was on the brink of going the distance on at least 2. Johnny Quinn and Zach Muzzy impressed the hell out of me. I admire Meager's coming off the bench and taking some shots and putting us in the position to go to OT. BUT O-line is still terrible. They don't block worth a dang on most plays and the ones that they are blocking on, they get called for holding. Go figure.

I'm not letting any of the board members ruin my good mood. What an incredible game!!!! Everyone in the stand was completely nerved wrecked and calling friends and family as the game went on. My 9 year old daughter just became a football fan after tonight. We needed this win so bad! After the game, the fans rushed down onto the field to celebrate with the team and watch fireworks. The Mean Green players were some the most humble people I've met. As my daughter and I congratulated players, most of them were thanking us for supporting the team during this tough time... total class. I was so proud to be green tonight. Hopefully this is a turning point for the team.

We WON.

You are right, we won, but if we are going to get this excited over a win like this, it really speaks volumes about our program. It is also means that it will take forever for us to move forward. There really should not be anyone on here that is at all happy with this win. Sure we won, but this performance is so sick, that we should all be extremely disappointed in the play of this team.

I used to get excited, but I am done getting excited over wins like this. That was simply PATHETIC and EMBARRASSING.

and to think that fans actually stormed the field is really sad. Please tell me you are kidding me that people ACTUALLY stormed the field. IF so, that is why so many people across the country think the Sun Belt is a joke.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Please tell me you are kidding me that people ACTUALLY stormed the field.  IF so, that is why so many people across the country think the Sun Belt is a joke.

No, they are not kidding. It was an emotionally exhausting game, and while I agree that there were some embarrassing mistakes, this game is going to be on Sportscenter! What's the old saying...? There's no such thing as bad press.

I missed the entire game tonight as I attended to personal matters, and it looks like a missed a lot of excitement.

7 OTs eh? Really?? But the score was only 25-22?? When I think of 7 OTs I think of Arkansas beating Kentucky 71-63 in 2003.

Again, I missed the ENTIRE game and I'm trying to catch up without the benefit of a box score (ESPN is lagging). So, let me make sure I understand this correctly...the score at the end of regulation was 16-16, but the final score after 7 OTs was 25-22?? That means we scored three field goals in 7 OTs while FIU only scored 2 field goals in 7 OTs?

This really is mind boggling. Don't OT possessions start at the opponents 25 yard line or does the SBC have different OT rules?

I missed the entire game tonight as I attended to personal matters, and it looks like a missed a lot of excitement. 

7 OTs eh?  Really??  But the score was only 25-22??  When I think of 7 OTs I think of Arkansas beating Kentucky 71-63 in 2003.

Again, I missed the ENTIRE game and I'm trying to catch up without the benefit of a box score (ESPN is lagging).  So, let me make sure I understand this correctly...the score at the end of regulation was 16-16, but the final score after 7 OTs was 25-22??  That means we scored three field goals in 7 OTs while FIU only scored 2 field goals in 7 OTs?

This really is mind boggling.  Don't OT possessions start at the opponents 25 yard line or does the SBC have different OT rules?

Please forgive me if I get the details wrong, the game was so long that everything is blending together... The KEY play (and most exciting) play, probably 3rd or 4th overtime, FIU gets into the endzone.. oh sh*t!! but wait, officials are reviewing the play..... "upon further review the player stepped out at the 1 yard line." FIU had a first down on 1 though. We went on to stop them 3 times on the 1 yard line and they had to kick a field goal... WOW...

The board members are missing the boat on this game with all their negativity..... this was one of the most exciting games I seen (though tedious in the first half with our "offense")... Meager saved our arses tonight (never thought I'd say this)! The pass to Quinn(?) in the end zone to tie the game was beautiful!

Edited by chrisfisher

Please forgive me if I get the details wrong, the game was so long that everything is blending together... The KEY play (and most exciting) play, probably 3rd or 4th overtime, FIU gets into the endzone.. oh sh*t!! but wait, officials are reviewing the play..... "upon further review the player stepped out at the 1 yard line."  FIU had a first down on 1 though. We went on to stop them 3 times on the 1 yard line and they had to kick a field goal... WOW...

The board members are missing the boat on this game with all their negativity..... this was one of the most exciting games I seen (though tedious in the first half with our "offense")... Meager saved our arses tonight (never thought I'd say this)!  The pass to Quinn(?) in the end zone to tie the game was beautiful!

Wow! That is impressive. I wish I had at least listened to Georgie's play-by-play on that...maybe it will be on the Ticket's "Homer call of the week".

However, I'm still struggling with the 7 combined missed field goals in OT (that HAS to be a record too). I can just imagine how the media will poke fun at the SBC for that.

Nevertheless, I'm happy we won...regardless of how ugly it may have been.

GO MEAN GREEN!!