Change of attitude

Baby Arm!

People who chose to tailgate and not go into the game used to not bother me much....untill this weekend.

I had the generator and satellite dish cranked up for my tailgate party. As we watched ESPN gameday, Akron v. NC State, Missouri v Ole Miss, Penn St v Notre Dame, and OU v. Washington etc, lots of people stopped by to check on scores, or even to watch games with us. All were welcome. But what chapped my hyde was the number of people that asked us if we were planning on watching the Texas game that night. blink.gif Uh Nooooooooo.... We have a slight conflict since we'd be inside the stadium when that game was going on! These jackass' had no intention of going into the stadium. One supreme jackass said with pride he'd been in school 4 years and tailgated for every home game but since they don't sell beer he has only made it inside for a game 2 or 3 times!!!

Other that the lack of support for the team, what's really disheartening is the lack of ingenuity. Good Gosh, college kids have been sneaking alcohol into stadiums for years! Isn't this why the hip flask was invented? In my day we never let those restrictions stop us. Kids today are just plain lazy! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Baby Arm!

"Good Gosh, college kids have been sneaking alcohol into stadiums for years! Isn't this why the hip flask was invented?"

I remember talking with an alumnus who attended North Texas during the 50's. He said that part of his gameday experience was being in the student section and, shortly after North Texas scored, he could smell the distinct odor of burbon wafting through the crowd. rolleyes.gif

"Good Gosh, college kids have been sneaking alcohol into stadiums for years! Isn't this why the hip flask was invented?"

I remember talking with an alumnus who attended North Texas during the 50's. He said that part of his gameday experience was being in the student section and, shortly after North Texas scored, he could smell the distinct odor of burbon wafting through the crowd.  rolleyes.gif

Good lord, with all of the new style baggy pants and cargo style shorts, a student could haul in a case of beer unnoticed if he wanted to. Back in my day, the flask was the only way to go. Hell, and Denton County was dry! laugh.gif

Problem Solved -

Here's a product called the BeerBelly - you wear it under your shirt - holds 80oz of your favorite liquid - about $50. Additional cost for "keep cold" attachment.

www.thebeerbelly.com

user posted image

Then you will need the complementary device - Stadium Pal. They even have one called Stadium Gal for women!

www.stadiumpal.com

user posted image

But what chapped my hyde was the number of people that asked us if we were planning on watching the Texas game that night.    blink.gif  Uh Nooooooooo.... We have a slight conflict since we'd be inside the stadium when that game was going on!    These jackass' had no intention of going into the stadium.

I spoke with a few of the tailgaters that were talking about getting a good buzz at the tailgate and then heading home to watch the t.u. game. Grrrr. Bastards.

Edited by JayDub