Why does UNT dominate Sam's Lewisville?

I have noticed that the Sam's Club in Lewisville has some kind of "exclusive" contract with UNT. I have been in there three times in the last six months and each time the ONLY COLLEGE that was representin' was yes, UNT. Not bad gear, some brand called p2p or somesuch.

Why is it? No Longhorn gear. No Aggie gear. No TCU. No SMU. No Dallas Cowboys or Mavs or Rangers (a little Dallas Stars though).

Will this strategy be expanded, maybe to the Costo in Grapevine perhaps?

smile.gif

I have noticed that the Sam's Club in Lewisville has some kind of "exclusive"  contract with UNT.  I have been in there three times in the last six months and each time the ONLY COLLEGE that was representin' was yes, UNT.  Not bad gear, some brand called p2p or somesuch.

Why is it?  No Longhorn gear.  No Aggie gear.  No TCU.  No SMU.  No Dallas Cowboys or Mavs or Rangers (a little Dallas Stars though). 

Will this strategy be expanded, maybe to the Costo in Grapevine perhaps?

smile.gif

Is it possible, and I know this is a really big stretch, that Sam's has some semblance of a clue as to where the closest university is? Maybe they, unlike the JC Penney in Denton, are trying to market to and be loyal to the "home town" team.

I have noticed that the Sam's Club in Lewisville has some kind of "exclusive"  contract with UNT.  I have been in there three times in the last six months and each time the ONLY COLLEGE that was representin' was yes, UNT.  Not bad gear, some brand called p2p or somesuch.

I go in there from time to time and haven't seen anything. Where in the store are you finding this? (maybe Im just blinded by the TV's and elecronics section)

Burl

Everytime someplace has our gear, I buy it.

Me too but, unfortunately, every time I buy North Texas merchandise it's always the last one on the shelf. I found a nice looking UNT cap at a Walgreen's in Addison. It was the old logo but I thought it made a good statement being proudly displayed amongst the usual suspects of Texas, A & M and Tech. Then I bought the only one they had and UNT was no longer represented.

I did the same thing at an Albertson's in Carrollton. Grabbing some beer for the Memorial Day BBQ, I stumbled across a UNT bottle-sized beer coozie, this time with the new logo. I snatched it up...again leaving UNT unrepresented amongst all the NCAA merchandise.

I find Sams or Wal-Mart carrying all my sized apparel for UNT in my size: "Medium" for the summer and if I want to put on additional clothing then "Large."

I have found that the sizes XL, XXL and XXXL are in very limited supply or non-existent in Sams, Wal-Mart and Target lately but after speaking to one managers he has assured me that they will be stocking up in August for the beginning of football.

For those who are wearing the XXL and XXXL sized jerseys the only place you will be "mean" green is in the sweaty & un-airconditioned johns underneath Fouts Field on game day, in September, when the temperature hits 90 degrees. Make sure you eat lots of meat during the "tail gates" so the Pony fans will leave us alone in our natural habitat. Perhaps some "hilltoppers" will get arrested in our parking lot "voiding" beside their BMWs.

For some of you try 1-800-Jenny Craig.....that way you will be able to get your hinnies into those seats at the "PIT" that were designed for the 1970 backside and not for the big V-8's that you carry around, now.

I may e-mail RV to provide complimentary cans of Lysol spray in the "johns" just like you have at home.....not unless your wife "makes" you use some sort of "foo-foo" version of amonia cover-up spray.