Question about capital campaign

Found something kind of interesting, wonder if anyone else has seen this. Says the date is 12-1-05 when this was released.

http://www.unt.edu/facsenate/AY05-06/Athle...tion12.2005.pdf

If you scroll down to page 19 it says 'capital dollars pledged and raised $7,000,000 and proposals consistantly being presented'.

Is that the new stadium fund? If not anyone else hear how much money we have raised? I'm just curious to see how close we are.

Noteworth-

DEVELOPMENT RESULTS

-Mean Green Club over 600 members and near $500,000 in annual giving

-Corporate revenues at $1,000,000 and growing

-Capital dollars pledged and raised near $7,000,000 and proposals consistently being presented

-Completed facility projects provide additional opportunities for capital dollars

-More donors identified and cultivated for future gifts

Assuming these are, in fact, correct numbers, we have a long way to go, but at least we are showing improvement. What is dissappointing to me is the fact none of this development work was started when we became D1A again. Looks like we lost 8 years of development. Couple the 8 years with the 20+ years in D1AA purgatory....... It's easy to see what has/is going on at NT.

Noteworth-

DEVELOPMENT RESULTS

-Mean Green Club over 600 members and near $500,000 in annual giving

-Corporate revenues at $1,000,000 and growing

-Capital dollars pledged and raised near $7,000,000 and proposals consistently being presented

-Completed facility projects provide additional opportunities for capital dollars

-More donors identified and cultivated for future gifts

Assuming these are, in fact, correct numbers, we have a long way to go, but at least we are showing improvement.  What is dissappointing to me is the fact none of this development work was started when we became D1A again.  Looks like we lost 8 years of development.  Couple the 8 years with the 20+ years in D1AA purgatory.......  It's easy to see what has/is going on at NT.

13 years in 1-AA purgartory. We started 1-AA in 82.

As my feeble memory serves me, we had 100 Trustees at $1,000 in cash, 39 Trustees in gift in kind gifts and about $150,000 in Eagle Club donations in 1993. We had about 250 in the Eagle Club. Donor information is available using the freedom of information act, should anyone want to check the figures.

A. I don't know what SEC treatment is.

B. How is it that you have such great insight into what some of the "big name" people are demanding?

From University Strategic Plan for Athletics---The total $$$ raised for capital projects in the 20 years preceeding 2001 was less than $1.5 million. Athletic donors numbered less than 50 in 2001. Annual donation were $50K with over 1/2 of that coming from 3 donors.Today the MGC is over 600 members and has raised nearly a half million $. $11.359 million has ben spent on capital projects 2003 through 2005 with $957K of that still owed and a $400K payment due 09/01/07

but don't think I owe GMG.com anything except following the guidelines to keep posting here.

Wrong, I expect a little more:

Colonel: Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every ### there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.

SilverEagle, I know you and many others expect me to drop some bombshell where I am really someone important, but unfortunately I couldn't be more of a nobody in the MG universe. I certainly managed to grab everyone's attention.

Maybe I should do promotions.... I am amazed at the levels of stop down and interest around me.

Behold the Quoner.

You have a boner for Johnny Quinn??

[Al Bundy voice]You know you're a guy, right?[Al Bundy voice]

Edited by Got5onIt

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Yuck. Let me turn this thread back to its original purpose, which is to give me something to bitch about. 'Stealthy' is an interesting approach to a capital campaign. They need to get out and get in people's faces. But what do I know? Well I know one thing, and that's that I'm glad I'm a man and so is Lola.

SilverEagle, I know you and many others expect me to drop some bombshell where I am really someone important,

????????? ummmmmm......no. I just wondered why you suddenly seem to think that you have some great insights into the program, and into the behaviors/motivations of some of the long time (and long suffering) fans.

How long till football season.  SIX MONTHS!  That cuts me deeply!

4-1/2 months till kickoff.

Time to bust out my Countdown Clock. This countdown timer assumes a kickoff time of 7pm CST. I'll be sure to update the timer when the official game time has been set.