O Well

ken75459

Just pitiful. Now what happens? Are there consequences for going out in the first round for two years in a row, coupled with an anemic out of conference schedule...we will see. Pohl sat and watched this mess all year.

Just pitiful.  Now what happens?  Are there consequences for going out in the first round for two years in a row,

Jimmy.....JJ has gone out in the first round.....FOUR YEARS IN A ROW. The only time he won a SBC conference tourney game was in his first year.

I really think it is time for a new coach. I really didn't expect them to lose last night. When you are in your 5th year as head coach, you are expected to be able to win at least one game in your tourney. This team started slipping about 10 games ago, and it just never stopped, and the end of the year is when you should be playing better. JJ has the athletes to win with, he just can't seem to coach.

I hope the results prove this isn't a negative post. Jonnhy Jones is a nice man, but his time at NT should be over. He needs to move along to another job, maybe as an assistant at a Div. II school, he might be qualified for that.

His teams have never played defense, or shot free throws well.

And those are the two things that coaching can affect most.

Not sure what to think, if Johnny is around next year it saves me several hundred dollars on season tickets again I don't have to buy. However, I do like basketball and would like to see some.

Even though my pocketbook disagrees, I say fire him so I can go to games again.

And just to be safe, since it seems there is some kind of unwritten law I don't want to break somewhere, that all posts must include this phrase I'll add - JJ is a nice man but ...

MeanGreenHoops, there is no law (written or unwritten) that says you have to say you like JJ if you don't. If you think he's a jerk and unfit to coach our team, just say so. I say he's top-shelf in all matters concerning character, integrity and those things that define a "good man"; he's the kind of man you would want to coach your son in that regard.

Then there's the harsh reality of results, progress and expectations for the basketball program. I believe he is a knowledgable coach but somehow his guys don't seem to get it done. I read that he has recruited some talent that should take us to a better record next year. Since I DO support JJ, I would hope that he gets another season to put them on the floor and see if he can get them to achieve more than this year's team did. If they turn out to be another mediocre one-and-done, then (with a heavy heart) I would have to say that JJ is done too.

I read that he has recruited some talent that should take us to a better record next year.

Ppffffffffffffft. JJ should be toast. Some of us are tired of waiting around five+ years for JJ to take us to round two of the tournament. He just doesn't have it. But hey, he's a nice guy.