TEXAS vs. USC--BIGGEST GAME IN DECADES

UNT_playmaker

Well i bet i made plenty mad out there in mean green land, but i believe all true texans should for our state in the ROSE BOWL. now im one of the biggest mean green fans to ever attend UNT, whenever we play UT, i always would and will root for my beloved Eagles. but we now all have the chance to see our state being recognized as the #1 undisputed national champions.

every longhorns fan i have known has always been faithful to north texas, they never show any hate towards us or even show a lack of respect for us when we are down, they recognize us as a non-bcs team that is looking for respect in the region, and i like that synopsis. because its true

also mack brown and his players have never talked down about our program, coaches, or players, they have always showed up in press conferences will respect and loyalty to our program, before and after the games, no matter the score.

texas is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE powerhouse in all sports, they deserve the fame, respect and gratitute given to them. they have the strongest traditions, rivalries, and among all spirit for any college football team.

the rose bowl is there gift for their hard work. good luck longhorns, the EYES OF TEXAS ARE WITH YOU.

i hope im right i predict texas by 4.

GO HORNS!!!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mack brown and his players have never talked down about our program, coaches, or players, they have always showed up in press conferences will respect and loyalty to our program, before and after the games, no matter the score.

Yea right! Running up the score on us shows a lot of respect. UT handed us one of our worst losses in our program's history last year.

Yea right!  Running up the score on us shows a lot of respect.  UT handed us one of our worst losses in our program's history last year.

I dont know if you saw the game, but I was there and I didnt feel like they ran up the score at all. We played like trash. We didnt even look like we deserved to be on the field. They could have scored 100 points. They scored off their first play from the line of scrimmage, and never stopped.

I dont know if you saw the game, but I was there and I didnt feel like they ran up the score at all. We played like trash. We didnt even look like we deserved to be on the field. They could have scored 100 points. They scored off their first play from the line of scrimmage, and never stopped.

Ditto...we never EXPECT to compete with top tier D-1 schools. If you recall, we held UT to 24 points a few years ago. Now we had a very good defense that year, and I would love to think that UT was unsuccessfully trying their best to score 100 against us, but I just didn't see it that way.

The 65-0 debacle was simply a showing that UT's second and third stringers are much more talented than our defensive starters...especially when our defense had been on the field all game and faced fresh legs in UT's back-ups. We should all be ecstatic that we didn't play Tech last year because there's no doubt they would have run the score up on us.

No thanks!  GO USC! 

Anyone really think TCU, ATM, TT, Baylor etc want Texas to win?  Nope

That's like cheering for the Texans while your a Cowboy fan.

Call me a hater but I hope every other Texas D1 loses every time they play!

I've got on OU alumn in my office that is rooting for Texas!!! However reluctanct it may be.

I love the state of Texas but not the UT Longhorns.  We don't need them waving a national title in our faces next September.    Go Trojans!    Teach Vince Young a little humility!

Well, you can always look at it this way. If Vince Young has a great game, he might decide to go pro. And then WE won't have to face him this fall. wink.gif

Well i bet i made plenty mad out there in mean green land, but i believe all true texans should for our state in the ROSE BOWL. now im one of the biggest mean green fans to ever attend UNT, whenever we play UT, i always would and will root for my beloved Eagles. but we now all have the chance to see our state being recognized as the #1 undisputed national champions.

every longhorns fan i have known has always been faithful to north texas, they never show any hate towards us or even show a lack of respect for us when we are down, they recognize us as a non-bcs team that is looking for respect in the region, and i like that synopsis. because its true

also mack brown and his players have never talked down about our program, coaches, or players, they have always showed up in press conferences will respect and loyalty to our program, before and after the games, no matter the score.

texas is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE powerhouse in all sports, they deserve the fame, respect and gratitute given to them. they have the strongest traditions, rivalries, and among all spirit for any college football team.

the rose bowl is there gift for their hard work. good luck longhorns, the EYES OF TEXAS ARE WITH YOU.

i hope im right i predict texas by 4.

GO HORNS!!!!!!

Please stop drinking.

I'm sure that all of our fans who attended the '88 game with UT  are not impressed with the prospect of their alma mater being blasted in their faces.    Even if you only saw the game via VHS you would have a bitter memory of us getting "homered" by the local refs.

Bingo!

texas University in Austin does not in any form or fashion represent this 6th generation Texan. I hope they lose, and lose big, and in defeat again, I hope Young shows his @ss like he did up in New York last month.

Rick

Yea right!  Running up the score on us shows a lot of respect.  UT handed us one of our worst losses in our program's history last year.

texas was a natioanl contender that year, and our team was starting to fall apart without our good D. it should alot of flaws and texas didnt run up the school they put in their third stringers in the game, we were so far behind that we never came back. as far as when sept comes, i will be rooting for my Mean Green, but it will be highly unlikely we will win with all the players they will have coming back.

look i knew i was going to get alot of flank for supporting my second favortie college team but let's look at it as a whole, who isnt going to be watching this game, this is huge. two real deal teams who are undeafeated and have double digit winning streaks. we are all going to be glued to our sets. in this particular game i am going for texas, i like their chances and the way they are playing this season.

when A&M plays i always root against them because i just dont like the aggies and especially hate coach franchionne.

GO HORNS and MEAN GREEN

texas was a natioanl contender that year, and our team was starting to fall apart without our good D. it should alot of flaws and texas didnt run up the school they put in their third stringers in the game, we were so far behind that we never came back. as far as when sept comes, i will be rooting for my Mean Green, but it will be highly unlikely we will win with all the players they will have coming back.

look i knew i was going to get alot of flank for supporting my second favortie college team but let's look at it as a whole, who isnt going to be watching this game, this is huge. two real deal teams who are undeafeated and have double digit winning streaks. we are all going to be glued to our sets. in this particular game i am going for texas, i like their chances and the way they are playing this season.

when A&M plays i always root against them because i just dont like the aggies and especially hate coach franchionne.

GO HORNS and MEAN GREEN

Review

Now that I think about it maybe it would be better if UT wins tonight. That way when we play them in September and they destroy us it won't look as bad. Being humiliated by the National Champions doesn't sound as bad. But then again, I would hate to see those sweet USC cheerleaders cry tonight if their team loses. Oh yes, those sweet USC cheerleaders in their little sweaters. That's right, I am basing my allegience on the team with the best looking cheerleaders.

Edited by Green Jackal

I'm going to have to part company with my friend FFR on this issue.

From my point of view, we have a meeting between two programs that I generally regard as a couple of "arrogant ba$tard$". Now, if Texas (and their fans) ever gave us much of a thought, I'm sure that they would pull for us against any team that we might play against in any future NO bowl(s). That's assuming of course that they even give us much of a thought......which they might.

Now, those of you who are so inclined to pull for SC in tonights game certainly have the right to do so. But I am damn sure that those arrogant ba$tard$ would never recognize that we even exsist....much less give us, or our program, so much as a fleeting thought.

The only time that I ever pull for SC, is when they are playing Notre Dame (the ultimate arrogant ba$tard$.....well, them and SMU).

So, it looks like the whorns have my support tonight. And they have it by the mere margin of a fleeting thought... cool.gif