looking back at 2005 football

meangreen11

Highlights were beating MTSU, solid performance against LSU, Pat Cobbs, Aaron Weathers, Truman Spencer, Johnny Quinn, Tulsa crowd and attendance overall. Also the gameday festivities are 2nd to none great tailgaiting.

Lowlights were Tulsa game, La. Tech game. Sun Belt loss to ULL, Monroe, State, FAU. The defensive line play. Jamario's health. No bowl.

Highlights were beating MTSU, solid performance against LSU, Pat Cobbs, Aaron Weathers, Truman Spencer, Johnny Quinn, Tulsa crowd and attendance overall.  Also the gameday festivities are 2nd to none great tailgaiting.

Lowlights were Tulsa game, La. Tech game.  Sun Belt loss to ULL, Monroe, State, FAU.  The defensive line play.  Jamario's health.  No bowl.

Lowlights- or what may be the pitch black list should be much longer.

No home-field wins,

Worst home-field lose in history,

Little to no adjustments during games,

Constantly being out-coached (this includes you Ramon Flanigan),

No discipline,

Longtime fan being rushed and threatened by the UNT offensive coordinator (thats you again Ramon Flanigan),

Bad mouthing of fans by head-coach,

Head-coach did not/could not inspire team,

Whining head-coach (he is in the most difficult situation) poor baby,

Poor recruiting,

No recruiting local area,

etc..

That is only the tip of the iceberg.

Please fill in my gaps.

Edited by KingDL1

App State is no ordinary 1-AA team. They won the National Championship 21-16 over Northern Iowa.

Doesn't make them any better than us. We should be able to beat any I-AA team on any given day.

solid performance against LSU

You people are all so mental. A 53 point loss is not "a solid performance".

Highlights: Attendance prior to the ASU game, PC's record, publicity.

Lowlights: Everything else and the fact that all our publicity didn't lead us anywhere.

To be honest, I hope that RV has held DD at gunpoint for this season. Somewhere along the lines, DD got lazy and complacent, and this is what happened. It's not that the talent for the SBC championship wasn't there this year, it's that it wasn't properly utilized.

I'm not going to lie, I hope that DD does bring it all back together next season. Thing is, I don't know if he will (though I'm certain that he can).

To be honest, I hope that RV has held DD at gunpoint for this season. Somewhere along the lines, DD got lazy and complacent, and this is what happened. It's not that the talent for the SBC championship wasn't there this year, it's that it wasn't properly utilized.

Totally agree. We can do better than the current ways.

Highlights: A new spring brings new optimism!

Other than spring is almost three months away is there any reasons to be optimistic? I mean has there been any changes made of any kind that should make DD style of coaching any better? I would really like to look forward to something but right now I think DD going to do just about nothing next year. In fact I think we will be lucky to win two games next season under DD.

My only optimism about our football program for next season, at this moment, rests in tailgating!

Other than spring is almost three months away is there any reasons to be optimistic? I mean has there been any changes made of any kind that should make DD style of coaching any better? I would really like to look forward to something but right now I think DD going to do just about nothing next year. In fact I think we will be lucky to win two games next season under DD.

My only optimism about our football program for next season, at this moment, rests in tailgating!

Are you talking about the actual start of spring on March 21st or spring ball. Because if you're talking about spring ball, it should get started in about 6 weeks. DD always has spring ball started and wrapped up before spring break.

Are you talking about the actual start of spring on March 21st or spring ball. Because if you're talking about spring ball, it should get started in about 6 weeks. DD always has spring ball started and wrapped up before spring break.

I was thinking spring as in season in response to;

Highlights: A new spring brings new optimism!