How bad was the football season?

GrandGreen

NT total offense was ranked 116 out of 119 teams.

NT total defense was ranked 103 out of 119 teams.

Wins (team ratings based on Massey Composite Ratings)

13-10 over 105 Florida International

14-7 over 102 Middle Tennessee

OC Loses

3-56 to 12 LSU

2-54 to 43 Tulsa (Worst home loss in history)

14-40 to 69 Louisiana Tech

7-54 to 60 Kansas State (KSU set all time total offense record for game)

Belt Loses

28-31 to 93 ULL

24-31 to 101 Ark State

10-13 to 106 Troy

23-26 to 115 Fla Atlantic

19-24 to 103 ULM

OC Loses

3-56 to 12 LSU

Belt Loses

28-31 to 93 ULL

24-31 to 101 Ark State

10-13 to 106 Troy

19-24 to 103 ULM

ph34r.gif Nothing new here. Your point?

OC Loses

3-56 to 12 LSU

Belt Loses

28-31 to 93 ULL

24-31 to 101 Ark State

10-13 to 106 Troy

19-24 to 103 ULM

It was a horrible season. Let's move on to the very good Men's and Women's basketball seasons. The men are 3-3 and almost beat aTm @ aTm and the women are now 7-1.

It was a horrible season.  Let's move on to the very good Men's and Women's basketball seasons.  The men are 3-3 and almost beat aTm @ aTm and the women are now 7-1.

I agree. I don't understand why people love to dwell on the negatives from the football season. It sucked really bad, we know, there have been about 500 threads about it since the end of the season. On the other hand, the basketball teams are winning, playing some exciting basketball and look like they could have excellent seasons.

I invite everyone who doesn't enjoy the repetitive self loathing that has become the football board to come on out to the SuperPit to see your Mean Green basketball teams in action. You can support the teams and you also might find something positive to talk about when you log onto gmg.com.

OC Loses

3-56 to 12 LSU

Belt Loses

28-31 to 93 ULL

24-31 to 101 Ark State

10-13 to 106 Troy

19-24 to 103 ULM

And just what the **** was the point of this? We know the season was awful, we don't need the bloody details. Geezus.

A few comments . The title should have gave those that did not like the post a hint at the content. The point of the post was that it was a little more than just a typical bad season. I actually thought a recap including the ratings of the teams was interesting. No new ground, it illustrates in hard statistics what most of us know. NT was not close to being competitive out of conference and the Belt was a very bad league this year. Also it promotes the theory that last year's club was close to the worse in NT history as supported by scores, team ratings and NCAA stats.

For all those tired of rehashing the last football season, sorry it is not going away any time soon. Those reading the football board should expect to read about football. It is going to be difficult to discuss next years season, recruiting, and facilities without considering last years results.

Sports messageboards are a diversion to most. I read just about everything on this board. Many posts are not enlightening or close to original, however I chose to continue to read them. I disagree and/or agree with opinions and sometimes express those views. Everyone can read and/or comment; hence the beauty of messageboards. I will continue to post but I sure can't guarantee that the quality or subject will be up to everyone's standards. So read at your own risk.

All those advocating that I concentrate on the basketball season, despite this being on the football board. I have season tickets to both men and women's games, and attend most of the games. So I guess I can both support basketball and comment on football. What a concept!

A few comments .  The title should have gave those that did not like the post a hint at the content.  The point of the post was that it was a little more than just a typical bad season.    I actually thought a recap including the ratings of the teams was interesting.  No new ground, it illustrates in hard statistics what most of us know.  NT was not close to being competitive out of conference and the Belt was a very bad league this year.  Also it  promotes the theory that last year's club was close to the worse in NT history as supported by scores, team ratings and NCAA stats. 

For all those tired of rehashing the last football season, sorry it is not going away any time soon.  Those reading the football board should expect to read about football.  It is going to be difficult to discuss next years season, recruiting, and facilities without considering last years results. 

Sports messageboards are a diversion to most.  I read just about everything on this board.  Many posts are not enlightening or close to original, however I chose to continue to read them.  I disagree and/or agree with opinions and sometimes express those views.  Everyone can read and/or comment; hence the beauty of messageboards.  I will continue to post but I sure can't guarantee that the quality or subject will be up to everyone's standards.  So read at your own risk. 

All those advocating that I concentrate on the basketball season, despite this being on the football board.    I have season tickets to both men and women's games, and attend most of the games.  So I guess I can both support basketball and comment on football.  What a concept!

The football stats don't lie...we have seen the enemy, and it is us. sad.gif

A few comments .  The title should have gave those that did not like the post a hint at the content.  The point of the post was that it was a little more than just a typical bad season.    I actually thought a recap including the ratings of the teams was interesting.  No new ground, it illustrates in hard statistics what most of us know.  NT was not close to being competitive out of conference and the Belt was a very bad league this year.  Also it  promotes the theory that last year's club was close to the worse in NT history as supported by scores, team ratings and NCAA stats. 

It is key that we remember and reinforce that this year was more than just an off season, it was one of our worst ever. Many dismissed them as one in the same but they are not the same.

"If you study history you are less likely to make the same mistakes", one of my history professors constantly repeated those words.

I invite everyone who doesn't enjoy the repetitive self loathing that has become the football board to come on out to the SuperPit to see your Mean Green basketball teams in action. You can support the teams and you also might find something positive to talk about when you log onto gmg.com.

Sounds good to me. 9 of our next 10 games are at the Super Pit.

Let's "PACK THE PIT !"

OC Loses

3-56 to 12 LSU

Belt Loses

28-31 to 93 ULL

24-31 to 101 Ark State

10-13 to 106 Troy

19-24 to 103 ULM

It is now time to focus on recruiting and bulking up our returning football players. A good paradigm shift is neccesary. We should think of ourselves as the underdogs and play smashmouth football. We have to be the most diciplineded and well condtioned team we have ever been to reel back in our SBC title and win some OOC games. Our football tean is a reflection of our coach. In my opinion, DD has no bite and does not demand enough from his players. Whatever it takes to win football games is what should be going on right now. Have these players chomping at the bit and ready to apply pain to the opponent and take what belongs to them. I love NT Football and it frustrates me to see us embarresed on national TV. Our loyal fans, who come to out home games and who go on the road, deserve and demand a MEAN GREEN football team.

I pray for a mean, mean, very mean and nasty NT football team in 2006

A pitiful season indeed. I knew the Belt losses were all a TD or less, but those stats do put things into perspective. It's pretty amazing that if we would have had S. Hall (or Andrew) at the QB positon, we probably would be going to Lafayette next week. Not that we would deserve it or to blame everything on the QB (s), But I truly believe that we would of pulled out 3-5 of those games. Oh well, I just hope that the coaching staff learned something this year. If they didn't, then it's time for them to move on. I am ready to move on to BB for the time being. Let's hope things work out well for the Fouts boys this spring.