would you take a win vs. LSU

j0nat8an

It is always a possibility to win.......even against LSU.

1. NTSU, if it were not for a bad call at Arkansas in 1968 we would have won.

2. NTSU, ...........................................Texas.........1988 ......................won.

3. NTSU beat Texas Tech 3 times when we were D-1AA ('88) and D-1('97 & '99).

4. Stanford, this year, got beat by Cal-Davis, a D-II school.

5. Troy got an alleged bad call in the 4th quarter against LSU and could have/should have won last year.

Who knows????????

No way.  If we lose to LSU, but win out (obviously a very BIG if) we would be 6-5 with at least a share of the league title likely.  I realize we aren't playing well right now but we have all seen this team turn it around before.

Are you kidding me?

That win would do more for our program than anything else we can do this year - even a 6-5 league record where they reject us for a bowl game on tie breakers that we would lose anyway.

Beating LSU is one of those things that everyone would remember 10, 20, 30 years - going 6-5 and peaking against Sun Belt schools is not. They'd call us giant killers and what not and we would get so much national pub from that win.

Why is this even up for debate?

If anyone needs inspiration NCAA 2006 said we could win by 20 last night. I should send the summary of the game and post it on the athletics website for inspiration tongue.gif

Are you kidding me?

That win would do more for our program than anything else we can do this year - even a 6-5 league record where they reject us for a bowl game on tie breakers that we would lose anyway.

A fluke win does nothing for our program. The story won't be how we beat LSU, it will be how LSU somehow found a way to lose to us.

I'll take a shot at a conference championship over a guaranteed OOC victory anyday. And no, I'm not kidding you.

A fluke win does nothing for our program.  The story won't be how we beat LSU, it will be how LSU somehow found a way to lose to us. 

I'll take a shot at a conference championship over a guaranteed OOC victory anyday.  And no, I'm not kidding you.

Agree to disagree....

I just look at the way people still discuss the Tennessee win, the Tech wins, and when we "beat" Texas and I think those are the ones that stick out in a media guide or program in recruiting alongside an overall decent conference record. If we won the conference year we would also have a lot of negative coverage mixed in with the good. I do not see the harm in setting aside one rebuilding year to put a huge notch under the programs belt and more exposure than any NO Bowl would ever give us.

Now, if we pulled the upset and then sucked next year (or years) - then I lean towards your opinion, but for a rebuilding team like we are to have that going in to 2006 would be huge. I think you would get your share of LSU blew it stories, but also positive ones on NT and the program - but NT would have that "giant killer" tag going into to every OOC game they played for the next 2 years. If they kept winning 1 or 2 OOC games and winning the Sun Belt, the rep could do nothing but grow.

Plus, imagine Dickey's post game press conference as he addresses all of us? It could be his ultimate eff off to everyone of us who doubted him. Even Captain Fry Street Apathetic Stoner would stand up a little straighter and smile a little wider when he came too again on Tuesday.

This concludes my dream for stuff that will not ever happen.

GreenFlag

How could your forget the landmark win against Arkansas State in 1990?

user posted image

I suppose I forgot that was the year ASU moved up?

I'll still never forget the game the year before in 1989 in Jonesborro, it was a great game and came down to the wire. It was unseasonably cold for late September and was ASU's second highest opening night crowd. Kieth Chapman hit a 32 yard field goal with 4 seconds left for the win. Scott Davis passed for 244 yards on the night and reached the 4,000 yard mark for his career. Other than the girl who traveled to perform as "Eppy", we were the only NT fans in the stands that we saw. No parents, no AD dept officials, no one. After the winning kick, the ASU fans were throwing food and spitting on us so bad that my roommate, who was on the team, and several other players noticed it when they came over to talk to us and ended up helping me lower her down to them on the field and we left the stadium with the team through the locker room just to avoid any more confrontations.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick