What would be a "succesfull" season now?

stebo

I think our best chance for a "succesfull" season would be as follows...

Win at La Tech giving us at least 1 OOC win, beat - 4 of the remaining 5 - FIU, FAU, ULM, ASU, ULL... Probably lose to ASU or ULM of that group, they look to be the strongest of the group. Obviously, we lose to LSU. That puts us at 6-5 for the season... and possibly an at large bid at some bowl. That is our best possible scenario in my mind. Thoughts?

It seems kinda like a long shot at this point...but I'd take it for sure.

I don't know if I'd trade another Sun Belt loss for a La. Tech win. That would pretty much kill our New Orleans Bowl hopes...and a 6-5 team with blowout losses to Tulsa and Kansas State probably won't get a whole lot of at large looks.

Success to me would be an effective offense.

I'm with ya except i want an effective defense. I didn't see the 1st half of the Troy game, but what i saw in the 2nd half was, well undesirable. DD's game plan works if you have an efffective defense. We don't. The season seems almost lost to me now. I'll follow the team b/c that's how I roll, but now I'm just looking for better play, not just a win or loss. It seems like the fans raised the bar, Good. Keep it raised.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!

at this point, i think i will just take a "successful" season

which to me would include a win on the road spoiling a pretty lousy La Tech teams' homecoming, keeping within 35 points of LSU (and not getting beaten with a beer bottle while attending the game), and wins at home the rest of the year thus retaining a fan base that isnt completely demoralized.

If the conference shakes out and we are on top...again... god help the poor souls in the sun belt... they will NEVER win it as long as we are in it. This is everyone else' year. I have a feeling we will be a much-improved team next year.

We have lost our only 2 conferece losses by a combined 5 points, all is not lost.

Oh and if MTSU had another losing season, that would make me laugh as well.

In theory, we can still win the conference and go back to the New Orleans Bowl in Lafayette.

At this point, I will be pleased if we can finish the season with the Meager looking good for next year and whomever is going to be on the Offensive line next year looking like they can block for J-Mo. Oh yes, and cutting the times wide receivers have balls hit them in their hands and the drop the ball!

We should get at least a couple of more wins during the rest of the season.

I think we could have a "salvaged" season with a 6-5 record and no bowl. Right now, I doubt we'll do that well.

I don't think this team can pull it together enough to become bowl eligible. I don't think we are bowl material and if we don't win the conference we have no business going bowling. I can do without seeing another embarrassing loss in prime time.

Having said that, we don't love this team any less, we should just recognize that this year is going to be a painful growing process. If DD gives the minutes to the right guys this year, the men should be back in the hunt next year and playing the kind of football to which we have become accustomed seeing. Just showing some life and being highly competitive will be enough for me the rest of the way this year after the dismal start.

They were itching for new blood before it got moved to Lafayette. I am not so sure that they want to gamble on new blood in a temporary home. This will be an interesting year, no doubt... I don't think we will be tied for first, like I said in the first post - I think that we will lose to ULM or ASU this year... but there could be a couple of 1 loss teams (ULM, ASU, MTSU, Troy) that compete for the championship rings.

Actually it was worth something. If you remember correct, if our defense would not have let them bust open for an 8 yard run on second down, we would have at least gotten the ball back. As far as the "successful" season is concerned. I would consider it a success if we fired Dickey...

We maybe win 2 more games this year. 

This team is flat out terrible and with this offense we might not win another game.

Reality can be sobering.

This season makes you realize how special the last 4 years were.  It doesn't last forever.

From what I saw at the Tulsa game, you may be correct.