UNT VS. M. TENN

UNT_playmaker

The smell of confidence is sweet. The smell of overconfidence can be wrenching.

All we have to look at is what happened up in Norman on Saturday. The team with all the superior talent and a new quarterback blew up ~ in a bad way.

We have a new QB and no matter how many talented players we have around him he will still be a "rookie."

I still think North Texas wins, but I also still realize this is a North Texas game in September. Successes in September have not been automatic, especially against a desperate dog on the road (see Baylor '04.)

GMG

Plum, you left off the fourth veteran of the O line. Our Center, Chad Rose is the only rookie.

Per MeanGreenSports.com

"Joel Foster also started every game last season for the Mean Green and was able to hone his craft as the season progressed. A converted defensive end, the tackle graded out better than 80 percent in four of the last five games. In his best game of the season, Foster graded out at 89 percent and led the team with 21 knockdowns in the regular season finale at Arkansas State."

Rick

The smell of confidence is sweet.  The smell of overconfidence can be wrenching. 

All we have to look at is what happened up in Norman on Saturday.  The team with all the superior talent and a new quarterback blew up ~ in a bad way. 

We have a new QB and no matter how many talented players we have around him he will still be a "rookie." 

I still think North Texas wins, but I also still realize this is a North Texas game in September.  Successes in September have not been automatic, especially against a desperate dog on the road (see Baylor '04.)

GMG

I am very confident, and I have posted it because of all the lack of confidence I have been reading about. I would much rather be UNT than MTSU. I say we have the upper hand.

Think of what the MTSU coach is thinking.

1) how do I stop those RBs. Jamerio torched me for 170+ yards last year.

2) how do I cover those very good receivers since I have a team that can't stop the pass.

3) If I lose this game where will I be coaching next year.

4) If I couldn't stop the run or the pass last year, how will I this year with the same guys?

5) I have never beaten UNT.

6) None of my players have ever won against UNT

7) Thank God (notice the capital "G") the SBC put UNT early on the schedule. I hope they start slow this year.

Yup, I think I would rather be UNT.

I also believe that TCU was a much better team than OU. OU DID NOT HAVE SUPERIOR TALENT. Sorry, but unless there is much improvement OU will be hard pressed to win over half their games. I watch some games and say...."there is no way in a million years that this team could win again". This is not one of those games. TCU is the better TEAM. This is not because I don't like OU (eventhough I don't). But they were bad....really bad.

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by 0footballfan0

• 8 years later...

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the line in this MUTS game. It's pretty much a 50/50 proposition every time we play them. I do like that we get them at home this year.

Way to dust off the cobwebs on a really, really old thread.
  • Upvote 3