What are our options if LSU game is cancelled

Eagle-96

If they cancel the game this weekend we will be in quite a spot as outr open week is November 19. LSU plays Ole Miss that day so we could not reschedule with LSU. We would need to find an opponent with November 19 off that we could schedule.

Teams with 11/19 off:

Colorado

Nebraska

Texas

Houston

SMU

If they cancel the game this weekend we will be in quite a spot as outr open week is November 19. LSU plays Ole Miss that day so we could not reschedule with LSU. We would need to find an opponent with November 19 off that we could schedule.

Teams with 11/19 off:

Colorado

Nebraska

Texas

Houston

SMU

Those teams are going to already be at the 11 game maximum.

Those teams are going to already be at the 11 game maximum.

Agreed, but you would hope the NCAA would make an exception to the rule to accomodate schools that would only be able to play 10 games due to cancellations. The only other option would be to bring a 1-AA team into Fouts on 11/19.

I dont see how we could possibly schedule another game BEFORE the MTSU game--- that would be planning a game in 5 days.

I think the LSU game will be cancelled. Right now they are probably just trying to figure out what they are going to do after they announce that... whether we will try to reschedule or cancel it all together.

We both lose alot, IMO (from a football perspective) if this doesnt work out because our first game will be against MTSU for the likely sunbelt title, and LSU has a visit from ASU, who will be pretty good.

And yes, I realize the inhabitants of new orleans, LA, MS, and AL have lost alot more, and that in times like this football takes a back seat... not being insensitive, just talking football here

If Fouts is out, let's meet them at Rice Stadium. Time is getting short and it might not draw 50k, but it would be a short trip for both and would attract some local interest.

Why would fouts be out??? Let's schedule any 1-aa sisters of the poor and have 6 home game season! What am I missing other than logistics and possibly scheduling for the 1-aa? huh.gif

First of all....1-AA schools have the 11-game regular season limit, too. So, most of them already have a full slate of games.

The only way that a game with LSU could be rescheduled.....would be on December 3.....and that's out of the question, because the SEC Championship Game is that Saturday.

So, if the game is cancelled......we'll have a 10-game season. In 2001, when 9-11 happened, most teams were in the same boat, so there were more scheduling opportunities.

So, IMHO....if the game is cancelled......there will be no make-up, and we will have a 10-game regular season.

First of all....1-AA schools have the 11-game regular season limit, too. So, most of them already have a full slate of games.

The only way that a game with LSU could be rescheduled.....would be on December 3.....and that's out of the question, because the SEC Championship Game is that Saturday.

So, if the game is cancelled......we'll have a 10-game season. In 2001, when 9-11 happened, most teams were in the same boat, so there were more scheduling opportunities.

So, IMHO....if the game is cancelled......there will be no make-up, and we will have a 10-game regular season.

yeah, I think you're probably right. So we just get an extra week of practice or is that allowed?

It all depends on how many teams have to cancel games. There are a lot of I-A and I-AA games that could be canceled.

Not sure if the Atheletic Dept was counting on the $500K, but I'm sure it was in the budget. This will have an effect on the Ath Dept as a whole, not just football. Rescheduling a game would be next to impossible...the logistics of scheduling and traveling would be difficult...although since there are several teams in that region that will be affected it could happen. Playing LSU this year is more that likely out of the question...The $500K most of it will be gone, probably as much as 75%. Maybe we could schedule So Miss...and recoup some of that money...we would have schedule them at the end of the season and as it works out we could play them and then 2 weeks later play the NO Bowl. Sounds like a win win...only if So Miss is not trying to reschedule there money game too.

Moot has a good point about scheduling a I-AA team. Maybe we could entice on of those teams to come to Fouts...we could pay there contract breach (which is minimal) and then cut them a nice check to come here. It could happen...

Post by 96BullDog on the Tech board.

=============

I listened to Tim Brando's show today on The Sporting News Radio network. He interviewed the PR guy from the Saints and one thing he mentioned is they are already thinking about four sites for their "home" games since the Superdome probably won't be available for long while. Those sites were Baton Rouge, Shreveport, San Antonio, and Houston.

Brando also interviewed someone from the LSU AD's office. They believe that the North Texas game will be played, but because they don't share open dates it will take some cooperation from other teams on the two school's schedules. They have already have had some conversations with these other schools and things are going well.

=============