First Reports

H-towngreen

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay... another thing a like better about 06:

When you head into the new season, you do NOT retain the same ranking you ended the previous year with. In my first season, I finished with 1 loss (LSU) and a NO Bowl win over Nevada, 45-20. Ended up ranked #21 - but when the new year started, Athlon projects me at #43. I like that more than the default carryover in previous years.

Ok... Eddrick Gilmore is one of my impact players two years down the line in Dynasty. Having a big tight end with a little speed as an impact guy is ridiculous. A little seam route turns into a big play guarantee when he's in the zone. One on one in the end zone? Forget about it. I actually saw him outmuscle a much smaller DB for an end zone lob.

Oh, and having Special K as an impact player in '08? Rock solid. He plays nickelback, kick returner, punt returner, and even a little WR (on WR reverse with a throw option to Meager? YIKES!).

Second year in dynasty (turned down offers from Auburn and Cal after year 1, signed the 5-year extension to stay in Denton - of course), and I opened with a 35-24 win @ Texas. Signed a 6'5" scrambling 4-star QB, and I have him in on running formations and Byerly on pro-sets and shotgun... this guy & J-Mo on the option is ridiculous....

Having a running QB is a real treat in this game... just take the snap (preferably in the shotgun), and just sprint to the side... you have a wide open scan of the field, and the ability to just take off....

... in that vein, if you're ever playing w/ friends or just want to have some fun and branch out, play a game w/ TAMU. McNeal is RIDICULOUS.

Scrap whatever I said about Special K. He's way better than that. This dude is the truth.

First play of a 2008 game against Monroe- 104 yard KR touchdown. The very next time he touches the ball, on a PR, he takes it 85 yards to the house. THE VERY NEXT TIME HE TOUCHES THE BALL, on an INT, he takes it 45 yards to the house. After 3 minutes of this game, the score is Lousiana Layfayette 0, Korey Washington 21.

EDIT:

After a 10 yard Eddrick Gilmore TD catch, Korey Washington scores on a 38 yard WR reverse.

Now all we need is Passing touchdown, recieving TD, and fumble return touchdown... Man. UL-Monroe is getting dismantled by the K.

AND THEN:

2nd half. Korey Washington, on an end around, suddenly pulls up and hits Meager steaking downfield for a TD. Now, just need to force some fumbles... ph34r.gif

ANOTHER interception return TD for Special K. All this guy has done is score 42 points. By himself. And there's still a quarter and a half to go.

Edited by illuvius32

92 spd, 80 btk, 90 agi, 91 acc, 68 catch, 56 awareness, 75 throw power and accuracy at the time of creation.

Two (one of them breakthrough) seasons later, he's at 94 spd, 83 btk, 90 agil, 92 acc, 72 catch, and 74 awareness.

Edited by illuvius32

Still clearing my first RFTH season and I'm having fits with my secondary. While TJ and Branch do any okay job, the whole secondary has trouble handling pass-heavy teams since the safeties seem a bit slow or the CB's get burned. Bad for me, but says good things about the programmers and how they improved the AI.

..at least your game still works.

Mine froze after saving last night. Didn't think much of it, and today - nothing. The PS2 logo comes up, then, darkness, and the system just makes all sorts of sounds over and over again. Other games work fine, so who knows. No scratches, cleaned everything again, nada.

Oh well.. fun while it lasted..

Mine froze after saving last night. Didn't think much of it, and today - nothing. The PS2 logo comes up, then, darkness, and the system just makes all sorts of sounds over and over again. Other games work fine, so who knows. No scratches, cleaned everything again, nada.

Oh well.. fun while it  lasted..

first put in another game. If it works, it isn't your PS2. If it is your disc that's the problem, take it back to where you bought it from and see if you can get it exchanged for another copy of NCAA 2006. If that doesn't work, you can always take it to wal-mart, say you forgot your reciept, and they'll exchange it for another copy of '06.

Yes if your playing with UNT be prepared to have your defense get burned a few times by a pass happy offense, had that happen last night against Purdue and then early this morning against MTSU, but of course a few stops by defense allowed JT and his new freshman companion bust up the defense for 300 yd Rushing totals (team) biggrin.gif

i beefed up cobbs and put him at fullback. mitchell got one carry in my game against lsu and busted it for 75 yards. i play on heisman, and running the ball is a breeze compared to passing. i'm like 8-20 throwing the ball every game. it sucks.

["I beefed up cobbs and put him at fullback. mitchell got one carry in my game against lsu and busted it for 75 yards. i play on heisman, and running the ball is a breeze compared to passing. i'm like 8-20 throwing the ball every game. it sucks. "]...posted by taynt7

No kidding on the passing? J-Mo is on fire...but Quinn's catch percentage is lower than Byron Handspard's Texas-Tech GPA? I cant figure this out. On the lower levels (All-American or lower) he catches most passes. On Heisman level, he drops almost all of them? Oh well, will have to spend more time working with this one. On a brighter note...Nick Bazaldua made a 56 yarder to beat Florida Intl. Call me crazy, but it took a 56 yarder to beat FIU??? This game is outrageous!!!

GMG!!!

yeah i had to simulate the FIU game like 4 times before i won it. i made myself play at Florida State one game and Bazaldua put in a 53 yarder to win it. But yeah, Jamario is totally unstoppable. Out of the shotgun, a direct snap to him is unstoppable.

Oh well.. fun while it  lasted..

This happened to me with NCAA 2005. I took it back to the store (Circuit City) and they gladly exchanged it. The 2nd copy worked fine.

Most stores will exchange for EXACT copy. They usually only gripe if you are trying to get a different title.

Has anyone had a conference invite? After 4 seasons I have had nothing! mad.gif

I just won the Rose Bowl, I have been killing all of the Sunbelt teams, I have even scheduled all Big XII npn-conf. games because I read on one of these posts that if you beat teams consistently from another conference you had a better chance of moving on.

I am sick of the Sunbelt, and would like to hear from someone who has moved on past this crappy conference