Most prized possession?

BIG DAWG

I have a 1978 Flying Worm helmet, signed by Hayden Fry; also a photo of myself with Coach Fry and Coach Bill Blakeley and the helmet.

I have a 16mm? (canned full-reel) film of "Coach" starring Hayden Fry. It's about his ouster at SMUt and him coming to Denton and starting NT's rise. I would be willing to donate it to someone that had the equipment or means to make me a DVD copy from it. smile.gif

Edited by NT80

I have an autographed Joe Greene Steelers jersey and a mini helmet from his era that is autographed as welll...I'd pay a pretty penny to have him sign my NT replica jersey from when he played.

I also have the game ball from the 2001 game at Idaho (clinched the bowl for the first time in 40-some years) signed by the team.

I have a large plastic storage box full of game programs from the 80's and some from the 90's. In some of them I have inserted the game story from the Star-Telegram or the DRC. I gave the 1988 Texas program (along with the game stories from the Austin American Statesman and Star-Telegram) to FFR. If anyone is interested, I'll bring the box to games this fall for anyone who wants to look for a programs from their favorite 80's game.

I also have two promotional hand held fans from the 88 season with the schedule printed on the back and the Eagle head-thru-the-hoop on the front.

If I can get a copy of it from Rick Spears aka Green Grenade II, one such favorite memorabellia for me would be a Summer of 1973 Denton Record/Chronicle photo of Coach Hayden Fry, Jim Fincher (aka Dallas Green), Rick Spears and myself at the Denton Center parking lot.

Rick was Fry's promotion guy and we were all standing in front of a mobile unit Rick had very cleverly put together to get the Mean Green message out to Denton County area towns that year. Rick, how can I get a copy of that photo? Wonder if the DRC would even have it in their archives?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I have an autograped Scott Hall Jersey and an signed mini helmet by Jamario Thomas.

I also purchased Cody Spencer's Game-worn Jersey from the Blue & Gray all-star game. The Gray's overall MVP was Cody Spencer, a North Texas linebacker who had a game-high 13 tackles.

I donated it to the Athletic Department for the Athletic Center.

Hey Evan, that would be Maher Jersey from 1993, We changed jerseys when Simon came on board. Last game he wore it would have been the 61-31 loss to NE La. Coolest first half of football I ever saw! Even though that 10 year old kid spit on me and cussed me out on my way to the locker room at half time! Gotta love them Louisiana Fans!

If I can get a copy of it from Rick Spears aka Green Grenade II, one such favorite memorabellia for me would be a Summer of 1973 Denton Record/Chronicle photo of Coach Hayden Fry, Jim Fincher (aka Dallas Green), Rick Spears and myself at the Denton Center parking lot. 

Rick was Fry's promotion guy and we were all standing in front of a mobile unit Rick had very cleverly put together to get the Mean Green message out to Denton County area towns that year.  Rick, how can I get a copy of that photo?  Wonder if the DRC would even have it in their archives?

I have a photocopy of the news item that appeared that summer day in the Denton Record-Chronicle and I will be glad to make a copy of it for you. Just call me and tell me what time lunch is on!

I have two game used gloves (receivers/grey) and a wristband (under armour) from our NO Bowl win (2002). I don't even know which players threw them at the end of the game by the tunnel, but I grabbed them. I like them because they are game used at the NO Bowl in which we won!

My Mean Green room is my pride and joy..... I have fully dedicated my gameroom to North Texas items through the years.

The Highlights

1) Full set of mini helmets from every NT team from 60 - present

2) Signed jerseys from Kennedy, Greene, Awasome (under glass)

3) Basketball jerseys from the late 80's (under glass)

4) game jersey from NT's own freshamn player of the year - LACROSSE - Cory Driver (My Nephew)

5) Game helmet from 96

6) Every ticket stub and program to every New Orleans bowl NT has played in.

7) A signed football from 04 NO Bowl from Johnny Quinn and Zach Muzzy.

7) Field turf from Fouts Field ( coming soon )

Of course I have 3 more jerseys coming in on this years order.....AND

I am still looking for my personal "Holy Grail"..... Mitch Mayer / Troy Redwine Jerseys for the wall.

I've thought about doing that a couple of times....I'll try and get some pics this week and put them up.

I always promised myself that when I had the room to do it, I would have a totally Mean Green game room. Probably spent far more than I should to get some of these items. Bflan was a HUGE help completing the mini helmet set. I'm just lucky that my wife (a Baylor alum) has adopted NT as her favorite team, and let me run wild with my collection.

Guest JohnDenver

I have an autographed program from every home game from the last four seasons. (Spencer, Kassell, Awesome, Booger, Hurd, Galbreath, Cobbs, JaMario, McGee, Pearl, Buckles, to name a few). Sitting on a book shelf in the dining room.

North Texas script sticker autographed by McGee -- framed on the wall.

Of course every NO Bowl ticket and most home game tickets from last four years.