uniforms

eppy4life

Most of us didnt know the helmet-script was coming until the team ran out of the locker room for that first game.. You should have heard the place when the team ran out... We were absolutely shocked. You could hear people yelling "What the HELL...MET?" I figured there was a reason for waiting so long to show us the new helmets... fear for their lives maybe? Regardless...the script did grow on us, as Rick V. predicted.

Maybe this is the same kind of thing.. I just hope the nightmares dont last as long this time.

GMG!!!

I would just think that the university would do something to unveil/build excitement about the new "brands" and all that before the football season. Which leads me to believe maybe they arent sure what they will look like yet???

When you get your renewal football ticket package today or tomorrow look at the North Texas logo and font on the envelope. I'd bet you'll see that same "North Texas" on our helmets this coming season. No inside info, just a guess.

When you get your renewal football ticket package today or tomorrow look at the North Texas logo and font on the envelope. I'd bet you'll see that same "North Texas" on our helmets this coming season. No inside info, just a guess.

nevermind - yes it is the new logo on the season ticket renewals. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Stan R

• 1 month later...

Mr. Villarreal:

"Do you know when the unveiling of the new uniforms for the 2005 season will take place"?

"Not until late August. Keep an eye out. Thanks for your interest."

GO MEAN GREEN!

Rick V.

Edited by NT91

"Not until late August.  Keep an eye out.

That's probably when Athletics gets the uniforms in from the supplier.

I don't expect much of a change in the unis; perhaps a small Mean Green instead of North Texas on the jersey neck, a tweak in color, not as light as some are expecting, and a change in helmet font from script to the new lettering....I'd still prefer a bold "NT"! <_<

Do yall think well stay with the black pants or go back to the all green at home?

I hope we'll stay with the black. I know a lot of people on this board really don't like the black, but with the lighter shade of green, I think it will really make the unis stand out.

with a lighter, more "vibrant" shade of green, the black will be a nice accent

Don't expect the "vibrant" shade this year. I've heard what they ordered with the time deadline will look very similar to last year's color, maybe a little lighter, but that's just thru the grapevine. Who knows?

Edited by NT80

----Uniforms aren't all about looks.....Many coaches and QBs like white (especially helmets) so that QBs can quickly spot receivers down the field. Note: the Cowboys always wore white Jerseys unless forced to do otherwise and Indy (who has Manning and once had J. Unitas) wear white helmets and pants-- and are known for their passing game. Dark jerseys (especially Aggies maroon are good for RBs and QB to disguise the location of the ball during handoffs. I suppose Green ( which blends in with the field color) helps a defensive back not be spotted by theopponents QB when he is under pressure.