Who was playing QB at your first CFB game?

2 hours ago, golfingomez said:

If I recall correctly... We had terrible completing passes in the flats... Hard dose of reality after 2013

Huge disappointment after following the team from my little Central Texas town my senior year of high school. After years of mediocrity I was getting excited to see each W the Mean Green were taking until they #Hit6. Even though the Bulldogs ran up the score late, I was ecstatic getting to see my future school on linear TV keeping up with Georgia, 21-21. I was for sure they'd surprise an underwhelming Texas program to start off my student life.

But hey, at least we got to shalack SMU the next week. I think Nicholls was two weeks later, too. Don't get to see your team put up 77 very often.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Scott Hall.

Unfortunately, most of the answers are from my age or older. We need some Mason Fines and Andrew McNultys on here. And by that I mean we need young blood on the board. Too many old fans and not enough new.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2

12 hours ago, golfingomez said:

If I recall correctly... We had terrible completing passes in the flats... Hard dose of reality after 2013

Yep, plus the fumbles and I have never seen before or since (not even at the youth flag level) a pair of quarterbacks complete more passes to the other team than their own.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I was wondering when I posted mine if that nightmare was going to be someone’s first. That was difficult to watch even for us grizzled UNT vets. Worst quarterbacking performance I have seen at any level of football in the 40 years I’ve been watching it.

Those were the days of the Chico pre-game test to show your understanding of the offense, the bus driver mentality of Dan McCarney, and the roster of QBs that belonged nowhere near an FBS roster.

• Upvote 2

Todd Whitten

Before he was hired three times to coach Tarleton State, Whitten led the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks to a 42-12 drubbing of the Alcorn State Braves on Sept. 28, 1985. He ran for one touchdown and threw for two more, one to future NFL wide receiver Floyd Dixon.

After the game I stopped walking back to the dorms and got to first base on a hill near the stadium. She and I never spoke of it again. In hindsight I shouldn't have eaten Corn Nuts at the game.

• Haha 2

Chuck Curtis, 1956 TCU Horned Frogs. Curtis was coaching at UTA when they dropped football.He was a good coach but pushed the boundaries when it came to NCAA rules. All the players were immediately eligible to play so Curtis could have taken the whole team, which was pretty good,  with him to his next stop. However there was no next stop as he received no coaching offers.

• Upvote 2