AAC Softball Tournament

I missed the start of the game.  Saw that Childers didn't make it out of the first again.  Anyone see it?  Was she wild again?

Game over.  Good Girls win, 7-1.  Advance to play ECU tomorrow at noon.  ECU upset UAB, shutting them out 4-0 in the first game of the day.

Edit:  Looking at the box score, I see Childers only faced one batter throwing 5 pitches.  Is she injured?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I missed the start of the game.  Saw that Childers didn't make it out of the first again.  Anyone see it?  Was she wild again?

Game over.  Good Girls win, 7-1.  Advance to play ECU tomorrow at noon.  ECU upset UAB, shutting them out 4-0 in the first game of the day.

Edit:  Looking at the box score, I see Childers only faced one batter throwing 5 pitches.  Is she injured?

Not injured, just no control and apparently Delong is not risking her being in the game when she can't throw consistent strikes.  

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Not injured, just no control and apparently Delong is not risking her being in the game when she can't throw consistent strikes.  

Her confidence is shot right now.  That young lady has a lively arm and electric stuff when she is on.  She should be working with the pitching coach daily, because she is one hell of a pitcher.  She just needs to trust her stuff and not overthrow.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Her confidence is shot right now.  That young lady has a lively arm and electric stuff when she is on.  She should be working with the pitching coach daily, because she is one hell of a pitcher.  She just needs to trust her stuff and not overthrow.  

Her previous game.....against Charlotte was a dandy. 6 innings of 1 run ball. Skylar came in, in relief and lost the game in the 7th....2-1. So Mackenzie has pitched well.....very recently. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SUMG said:

Her previous game.....against Charlotte was a dandy. 6 innings of 1 run ball. Skylar came in, in relief and lost the game in the 7th....2-1. So Mackenzie has pitched well.....very recently. 

I had forgotten about that. I just hope she is good mentally.

I feel like she just needs to trust her stuff. She throws hard and spins the ball at an incredible rate, but it appears in the big games she thinks she needs a little extra, and the ball gets away from her.

It's almost a little like Nuke Laloosh in Bull Durham. Her brain gets in the way. There aren’t many with better stuff than her. She needs a little Skylar in her. Savage steps up in the big games and is just, well, savage. Just a bulldog on the mound. Childers needs to find her inner savage, trust her stuff and just pitch. 

Love how aggressive the offense was today. Put the ball in play coupled with smart, aggressive base running made me think of the team of two years ago. I have a good feeling about this tournament. 

• Upvote 1

Things are going UNT's way so far. Obviously the two wins, but the bats are somewhat alive, 16 runs and only 3 off of 2 homers I believe. Hopefully we can catch Charlotte cold in a winner-take-all game tomorrow against a team we should have won 2 of 3 against last weekend.

Meanwhile, Tulsa doubling up the hometown WSU team, 8-4 in the 5th. Winner of that game plays FAU.

4 hours ago, THOR said:

win again!  walk off home in the bottom of the 6h to run rule ecu.  on to charlotte tomorrow

It looked like one of our players may have got hurt (leg or ankle?) near the dugout during the postgame celebration on the field?  I couldn't see who it was or had bad it was.

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

Things are going UNT's way so far. Obviously the two wins, but the bats are somewhat alive, 16 runs and only 3 off of 2 homers I believe. Hopefully we can catch Charlotte cold in a winner-take-all game tomorrow against a team we should have won 2 of 3 against last weekend.

Meanwhile, Tulsa doubling up the hometown WSU team, 8-4 in the 5th. Winner of that game plays FAU.

Tulsa fell apart with errors and lost 11-9 to WSU.  

37 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Tulsa fell apart with errors and lost 11-9 to WSU.  

Yeah it seems Tulsa has blown a lot of leads this year. We have too but Tulsa's blown leads seemed bigger. Now FAU has to play after a week off against the home team who has scored 24 runs in 2 games. Barnard has hit like four homers lol.

• Upvote 1

Down 2-0 in the bottom of the third....Charlotte still batting. 

With Charlotte throwing their great pitcher Barefoot......I don't like our chances.

Prove me wrong, girls. 

One hit, and a 3-0 shutout loss to Charlotte.  Rodney needs to recruit better hitters. We bow out without much of a fight against good pitching consistently.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

One hit, and a 3-0 shutout loss to Charlotte.  Rodney needs to recruit better hitters. We bow out without much of a fight against good pitching consistently.

CLT caught two NT homers at the top of the outfield wall.  Otherwise we win this game 5-3.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, NT80 said:

CLT caught two NT homers at the top of the outfield wall.  Otherwise we win this game 5-3.

I saw the almost grand slam. Bottom line, they made plays, we didn't. We should not be one hit in a game like that.

Edited by Hunter Green

2 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

I saw the almost grand slam. Bottom line, they made plays, we didn't. We should not be one hit in a game like that.

Agree.  We need more pitching too.  Excellent pitching is what elite teams have.  We had one and she got bought by OU.  We need more.

• Upvote 1

Selection show tomorrow. Interesting to see how many teams they take from our conference! (NCAA Tournament) 

Latest RPI ranking.

27 Charlotte

38 FAU

54 Wichita St.

62 Tulsa

79 UNT

Edited by blurbeard