Nothing is off the table per new AAC commish

15 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

She would say... Start your engines!!

image.png.6955b5b8770f05fff263cded5fa52d20.png

Pretty sad. That in all her years as the CUSA Commissioner, this is about the only picture of her. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

On 4/13/2024 at 11:54 AM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Bob here has a point... Fund our players, fund our program, buy tickets, pay for parking, overpay on concessions and merchandise.... all while the product inevitably withers away due to all of the rules currently in place. We're getting had coming and going. While the ignorant and rabid fan bases of the big boys can scalp their dumbass alum/fans, I don't think ours will play this game. And if our fans do, for how long? What is the ROI? 

And I think the pill would be easier to take if we knew the athletic department personnel were truly committed to the university. But we have a long and ugly history of athletic department personnel being committed to athletic department personnel. Outside of Patrick Cobbs, players or coaches or administrators, who really gives a shit about the University of North Texas? I think it's time, more than ever, to start hiring North Texas people. In this new age of collegiate athletics, passion and meaningful work will have to carry the torch. There is no better way to infuse the athletic department with passion than hiring North Texas people. 

I nominate Harry, SUMG, Firefightin Rick and Scott Campbell and UNT Lifer. For starters. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • RV 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

On 4/13/2024 at 11:55 PM, UNTLifer said:

Yep. 

They want an NIL?  I want a list of what players are being paid what amount and how their name, image or likeness is being used to earn these dollars. The fans give this money so we have a right to know. 
These kids entering the portal and signing elsewhere, I want to know what we offered/paid and what the new school is paying. Too much secrecy when the fan base is paying the salaries. 

Excellent post!

It’s inconceivable that we are to blindly give money into a system that has no obligation or requirement to account for the allocation of those funds. 

Kind of like the government. 

No thanks. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, meangreenbob said:

Excellent post!

It’s inconceivable that we are to blindly give money into a system that has no obligation or requirement to account for the allocation of those funds. 

Kind of like the government. 

No thanks. 

Yes. Some type of accountability would be nice.

• Upvote 1