AAC Tourney

WSU was hanging right with UAB until the Blazers went on an 8-0 run in less than 30 seconds and it was never really in too much doubt afterward.

Blazers vs Bulls in the first semi tomorrow.

Watching this Temple team is fun. They make a game helter skelter. They might give FAU fits if they pull this off over Charlotte. We know that Dusty will work those refs and slow this game down with continuous parades to the line. 

Would Temple ever go or go back to the Big East? They have a wicked East Coast feel in their fanbase. It’s fun. Hope to make that trek there this fall.

GMG 

55 minutes ago, NM Green said:

We know that Dusty will work those refs and slow this game down with continuous parades to the line. 

Am I remembering wrong, didn't FAU win some games last year by playing fast?

I think that has been one of their strengths the last two years: they are as good as anyone at playing a variety of tempos.  In fact, I think they'd prefer it fast.

EDIT: after another look, I think you are talking less about overall tempo, and just playing to the refs.  Which ain't wrong.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

I really just want the winner of the tourney to be from the first semifinal. if FAU wins the conference only gets one bid. If Temple wins it probably pushes FAU down to first four and Temple will get bad seeding (a 15 at best). If UAB or USF win, the conference gets a second bid and a team that could make some noise from what will likely be a 12th seed.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Because the first game went over by like 30 minutes.

Push it back to 4 so I can watch the whole game on my flight! Was hoping UNT would be playing so maybe I could watch them during the flight but didn’t realize it tipped earlier. 

• Upvote 2

I cannot believe Temple right now.  It's gonna be infuriating if they win the conference tournament and are stuck with a terrible seed.  FAU needs to come back or UAB needs to beat them tomorrow.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I think most assumed they were gonna get blown out the last three games!

a 5 win Temple uppends FAU in the postseason.  I have no words.

51 minutes ago, CMJ said:

It's gonna be infuriating if they win the conference tournament and are stuck with a terrible seed.  FAU needs to come back or UAB needs to beat them tomorrow.

• Haha 1

Guts,don't get your panties in a bunch but I would like your opinion on FT.Worth as the continuing location of the AAC tournament in March. [Disclaimer: at 81 I don't drive to night game games]. Looking at the very sparse attendance in a very nice 14,000 seat venue [ I have been to daytime basketball games there] during the cold weather in March is Dickies a good choice? I would think attendance might increase if our tournament was played in warmer climate and in a smaller venue. Just asking.

• Downvote 2