Rubin

Someone mentioned it on another thread. Does anyone know if Rubin has another year of eligibility left because of COVID? I know he is listed as a senior but I thought it was strange that we honored him for being the winningest player last Sunday but didn't have any kind of senior night ceremony for him Wednesday night. I assume that Allen didn't want one since he is a grad transfer. Rubin was the only other senior listed on the roster. Would love to have him back since this year was wasted by his hamstring injury. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shark84 said:

Someone mentioned it on another thread. Does anyone know if Rubin has another year of eligibility left because of COVID? I know he is listed as a senior but I thought it was strange that we honored him for being the winningest player last Sunday but didn't have any kind of senior night ceremony for him Wednesday night. I assume that Allen didn't want one since he is a grad transfer. Rubin was the only other senior listed on the roster. Would love to have him back since this year was wasted by his hamstring injury. 

Talked to his mommy after the game and he sure does.  We must do everything in our power to keep him here.  If we had him all season we would have won the conference in my opinion.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen22 said:

So because he technically has another year of eligibility, we couldn’t have a senior night for him?

At least he is in the last group. Nobody after his group will get the covid year. Now idk about all the other silly redshirt orders letting guys play until they are 26-28 years old…

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

So because he technically has another year of eligibility, we couldn’t have a senior night for him?

I saw somewhere that Rubin and Allen elected to not go through senior night ceremonies.  It would have been a Hodge post game question. 

Edited by Glory to the Green
Added tweet
  • Upvote 2