SMU (2/11/24)

5 hours ago, CMJ said:

UNC, Connecticut, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, Indiana --- those are Blue Bloods.  Other quality programs like your Michigan States, Villanovas, Louisvilles, and UVAs - while very close don't quite hit the mark for me.

I don't know if Virginia and their one title even belong in that second-tier conversation. I mean, Okie State, San Francisco and even Cincinnati have more. 

UVA is just sitting there with Holy Cross, Wyoming and the City College of New York. hardly elite company. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I don't know if Virginia and their one title even belong in that second-tier conversation. I mean, Okie State, San Francisco and even Cincinnati have more. 

UVA is just sitting there with Holy Cross, Wyoming and the City College of New York. hardly elite company. 

You're right, but I more or less include UVA for their current status as a perennial contender.  They've basically taken Florida's status ever since Billy Donovan left.  

17 hours ago, Shark84 said:

People need to quit bashing Stone. He plays hard and does what the coaches ask of him. He's seems to be a great teammate. IMO he is playing more than he should because of injuries. He isn't the offensive threat we would like him to be for this team but is a good defender and rebounder for his size, when not overused. With a healthy Jones and Noland, he probably plays 5-8 minutes a game giving Scott and Walker a short rest. He's a good 9th guy off the bench. If he was hurting the team, Hodge wouldn't play him. I trust the coaching staff, we aren't at practice and don't know what goes on behind the scenes. 

You're taking the words of virtually every other poster here, and just moving them around to say the same thing.  But then you accuse us of "bashing" Stone.
He absolutely works hard.   All the guys do.
He's a great teammate. You'd better believe it... or he wouldn't be here/play.
Has a role on the team ("good defender and rebounder for his size").  Absolutely.  We all know he's not Allen Iverson out there.
He's being asked to do more than normal now, with Rubin & CJ out.  He's gotta step up.  No one is asking him to replicate Rubin or CJ's production point-for-point, but man...  26min... Give us something!
"He's a good 9th guy off the bench"... "5-8min/gm" -  Uh, buddy, YOU said that.  Stop bashing him!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You're taking the words of virtually every other poster here, and just moving them around to say the same thing.  But then you accuse us of "bashing" Stone.
He absolutely works hard.   All the guys do.
He's a great teammate. You'd better believe it... or he wouldn't be here/play.
Has a role on the team ("good defender and rebounder for his size").  Absolutely.  We all know he's not Allen Iverson out there.
He's being asked to do more than normal now, with Rubin & CJ out.  He's gotta step up.  No one is asking him to replicate Rubin or CJ's production point-for-point, but man...  26min... Give us something!
"He's a good 9th guy off the bench"... "5-8min/gm" -  Uh, buddy, YOU said that.  Stop bashing him!!

That isn't bashing the guy. That is saying he is a valuable role player. I don't get mad and complain about him every game when he doesn't score. BIG DIFFERENCE! Sorry I upset you. I should know better than to have a different view than some of you on this board. GMG

26 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

That isn't bashing the guy. That is saying he is a valuable role player. I don't get mad and complain about him every game when he doesn't score. BIG DIFFERENCE! Sorry I upset you. I should know better than to have a different view than some of you on this board. GMG

Upset?  Nah.
And you're right, there are a couple guys here that say something over-the-top out of frustration.  Those guys can be dismissed.   But for the most part, you and the rest of us are saying the same things, just in different ways.   That's all I am trying to point out.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Upset?  Nah.
And you're right, there are a couple guys here that say something over-the-top out of frustration.  Those guys can be dismissed.   But for the most part, you and the rest of us are saying the same things, just in different ways.   That's all I am trying to point out.

It's all good. Let's get a win Thursday night!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CMJ said:

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Exactly why I quit responding to him.  Oh, and you're absolutely right about Josh White.  His mind would probably short circuit if he ever got a real look at the last roster JJ had.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I love these d-heads from supposed basketball blue blood schools that show up to tell us how irrelevant we are and how they are so much more knowledgeable than all of us. 

I mean, if your team does better than another team then clearly you know more about the game than that team's fans. That's how this works. The only people who know about the game are those who support the more successful teams.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Haha 2

On 2/11/2024 at 3:14 PM, Hunter Green said:

BS calls at the end that cost us a win. Refs took over when they shouldn't have.

Not boxing out on FT's again cost us a game.  That is the 3rd game a missed box out on FT resulted in 3 points in which we lost the game by that or less. Really want to see that cleaned up as it is unacceptable and a total lack of focus.  

• Downvote 1

I still think Stone has a nice shooting stroke.  He just needs to find his confidence.  And, he doesn't have to drop 16-20 a night to be valuable.  Give us 8-10 pts. and 5-7 boards and he would be golden.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

Exactly why I quit responding to him.  Oh, and you're absolutely right about Josh White.  His mind would probably short circuit if he ever got a real look at the last roster JJ had.

Johnny Jones 2001-2012

NCAA 2007 15 pt loss Rd 1

NCAA 2010 20 pt loss Rd 1

Which roster would cause the short circuit? The 2010 one or the “last roster JJ had” that didn’t make the tournament? 

Don’t respond. The question was rhetorical. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I mean, if your team does better than another team then clearly you know more about the game than that team's fans. That's how this works. The only people who know about the game are those who support the more successful teams.

No, it simply means ones team is better. No shame in that. We can’t all make the 68 team tournament ever so often. That’s why they have 2nd & 3rd tier tournaments. NT is proud of their CBI & NIT Championships. And they should be.  I think UVa won the NIT twice. I see similarities in the programs.

You said support. Support? As in attend actual games or watch them on TV? I just experienced a moment of deja vu. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

5 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

POTD 🏆

San Francisco 1955, 1956

Okie State 1945, 1946

On to Cincinnati 1961, 1962

My parents weren’t even born! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Since Virginia is not 2nd tier, could we agree that NT would be bottom rung? That would one step above the floor. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

18 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

No, it simply means ones team is better. No shame in that. We can’t all make the 68 team tournament ever so often. That’s why they have 2nd & 3rd tier tournaments. NT is proud of their CBI & NIT Championships. And they should be.  I think UVa won the NIT twice. I see similarities in the programs.

You said support. Support? As in attend actual games or watch them on TV? I just experienced a moment of deja vu. 

What are you talking about?

You come around validating your knowledge by saying you're a fan of Virginia like it's supposed to mean anything. Being a fan of Virginia doesn't mean you know more about the game because they've more the success than UNT.

Reminds me of the other guy on here who once said he knew what a good team looked like because he grew up going to Kansas games. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

You've already admitted you are still living off or Mommy and Daddy's dime and have zero responsibilities outside of passing classes.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

What are you talking about?

You come around validating your knowledge by saying you're a fan of Virginia like it's supposed to mean anything. Being a fan of Virginia doesn't mean you know more about the game because they've more the success than UNT.

Reminds me of the other guy on here who once said he knew what a good team looked like because he grew up going to Kansas games. 

Quote me then. I never said being a fan of Virginia meant I knew more about the game because UVa has had more success. Your dislike for me makes you think that is how I feel. Sorry pal - it ain’t. 

When you throw mud (I’m a Hoo for life), then expect mud in return. It’s been gentle banter if you asked me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

You've already admitted you are still living off or Mommy and Daddy's dime and have zero responsibilities outside of passing classes.  

And that upsets you? Why?

I’m a student for Christs sake. Would you prefer I quit and go find a job? 

Edited by HoosMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, HoosMeanGreen said:

Quote me then. I never said being a fan of Virginia meant I knew more about the game because UVa has had more success. Your dislike for me makes you think that is how I feel. Sorry pal - it ain’t. 

When you throw mud (I’m a Hoo for life), then expect mud in return. It’s been gentle banter if you asked me. 

You don't have to say the exact words. It's your behavior that shows the mindset.

And please don't say I dislike you. I don't know you. I'm just off work and have too much time on my hands. Otherwise replying to you would be far down the list of things to do.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

You don't have to say the exact words. It's your behavior that shows the mindset.

And please don't say I dislike you. I don't know you. I'm just off work and have too much time on my hands. Otherwise replying to you would be far down the list of things to do.

Do better Sir. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 4

• Coach Andy Mac featured, locked, unlocked, locked and unfeatured this topic