South Florida (2/3/24)

CMJ

We got to 52 points with 5:36 left in the game. Only scored 3 more the rest of the way. Poor free throw shooting was to blame but also, as great as Edwards was today, USF defended him very well in the second half, especially in the paint. Nobody else stepped up to provide offense.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

he’s got the ‘06 Heat stank on him. only Shaq gets a pass from that team. 

He wasn't on that team. Those were his Denver days I believe. You might be thinking of Jason "White Chocolate" Williams being on that '06 Heat squad who wouldn't get a pass from me anyways for his early Sacramento days. He had weird tattoos too.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

He wasn't on that team. Those were his Denver days I believe. You might be thinking of Jason "White Chocolate" Williams who wouldn't get a pass from me anyways for his early Sacramento days.

damn...you're right. I knew JWill was on the '06 team...really had just a false memory of Birdman on that team. he was with Miami '13-16, but that was such a wasteland for Mav's ball I don't know why I'd associate him so strongly with Miami. c'est la vie, I suppose

7 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

He wasn't on that team. Those were his Denver days I believe. You might be thinking of Jason "White Chocolate" Williams being on that '06 Heat squad who wouldn't get a pass from me anyways for his early Sacramento days. He had weird tattoos too.

He might have been thinking of Michael Doleac….. he is a basketball genius…. So I have been told…. By one person…..

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, Andrew said:

He might have been thinking of Michael Doleac….. he is a basketball genius…. So I have been told…. By one person…..

go stack legos in descending order of size and then color-code your bookshelf. it'll help calm you down. 

• Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, BigWillie said:

Well... NIT? Consolation AAC ?

What's the goal now? I bleed Green as much as the rest, but I will be the realist every game.

3 straight loses, 2 at home. What's our goal?

I will settle for the NIT but they changed the selection process so conference champs no longer get in. I wish they would expand to 64 and keep the old selection process and simply add the perilous champ gets an invite if they do not make the big dance. 

• Ray 1

On 1/31/2024 at 11:02 PM, UNTLifer said:

What we need:

1. A healthy Noland. 
2. A healthy Allen. 
3. A more aggressive Sissoko around the rim. 
4. Moore and Cotton crash course prepared to play. 
5. Forget his name right now, but the JUCO from Kilgore to do something. These wasted scholarships are ridiculous. 
5.  Play our defense the entire game. 
6. Buggs to rediscover his stroke. 
7.  A healthy Noland and Allen. 

1.  Nope

2. Yes.  Not a bad game.  Should have gone to him at the rim more.

3.  A better first half.  Surprised we didn't see more of him in the second.

4. Nope.  Moore gets himself in trouble on the dribble and is then lazy with his passes.  Saw Cotton for about a minute.

5.  Defense was good.

6.  To be clear.  We couldn't afford another 0'fer from him.  He made a couple but did get enough shots.

7.  Really missed Nolan.

We stood around and waited for Edwards to deliver and they can't do that.  I would have liked to have seen him drive and pull up early for the mid-range jumper instead of getting blocked at the rim trying to draw contact.  Scott with an off night offensively hurt as well.

This team is right there.  We just have to get healthy.

Stone.  Put him in the gym and make him shoot until he is exhausted.  He has to find some confidence on the offensive end.  I really feel for him because he gives so much effort.

Miracle cure for Rubin and Noland.  Do we know what CJ's injury is and how long he is expected to be out?

Still love this team.